JOIN ME IN LOSING 25 LBS

Options

Replies

• msccarter
    msccarter Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My goal is to be 150lbs ultimately so I figured if I break it down to half, I won't be setting my self up for failure like other times before. I have been off and on with exerxising and dieting for the past 3 years. My biggest problem is consistency, also I wanted immediate results until I realized it's an entire lifestyle change so this time I am serious about this and taking it one day at a time. I go to Curves and do the curcuit on Mondays, Wednesdays,and Fridays which consists of working each muscle group. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I do Cardio and Ab classes. Every now and then I do extra things when I'm off like go walking for 2 miles or doing the WII Fit. I'm following a 30 day diet by Dr. Ian from the 50 million pound website. Its a good meal plan that shows you how to eat small portions; also right when I was starting the plan I did a 2 week cleanse and flush. I weigh in once a month at Curves. So let's all help motivate each other and shed those pounds and inches!
  • mushy2
    mushy2 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi Catherine, I too would like to lose 25lbs, so here goes, I lost 35lbs at slimming world and put 7lb of that back on. I just cant seem to get motivated now.

Keep me posted then i might be able to keep track if someone else has the same goal.
  • roma2011
    roma2011 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Count me in! 25 lbs by the New Year it is....if I manage this I'll be so delighted :D
    My overall goal is to lose 29 lbs so I wouldn't have too far to go then. I think I'll go with a Friday weigh-in, seeing as I've only just started on here today.
    Feel free to add and encourage/nag! :bigsmile:
  • KATHRYN81177
    KATHRYN81177 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    That's great...
  • KATHRYN81177
    Options
    Hi if you did it the first you can surley do it again.... Motivation is the key...
  • KATHRYN81177
    Options
    How is the WII fit?
  • KATHRYN81177
    Options
    I love spinning its addictive...
  • SeeMe2419
    SeeMe2419 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hey im ronnica from texas... im needing, hoping and wanting to lose 35 lbs by february 2011.
  • KATHRYN81177
    Options
    Hello to everyone I hope everyone is doing well. So far I'm exercising 3 times a week. I want to exercise at least 4 times a week but my schedule is tight. But I will continue to eat right and stay positive... Nothing beats a failure but a try! I have nothing to lose but weight :happy: I love logging what I eat it makes me aware of my food choices. I have become a label reader! Also I am going to start the p90x. I have seen great results from friends that have used p90x. I have to switch up exercises so I won't get bored... Tomorrow night my husband and I are going out to dinner, here is a tip you might like I cut everything in half at dinner that way I am not over indulging when eating out. I only eat half of the serving and trash the other half....
  • foxyketty1206
    foxyketty1206 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Count me in!! I need to lose 10lbs!
  • xcbballuver
    Options
    same goal for me!

my current weight is about 125 or 126. my dream is 100 but realistically 105 :}
  • KATHRYN81177
    Options
    Welcome...
  • KATHRYN81177
    Options
    How is it going Karen..
  • KATHRYN81177
    Options
    16 pounds your on your way..
  • connierae1228
    Options
    I'm brand new and I'd love to join you in losing 25 by January.
  • Deebo958
    Options
    I am new to this site also and would love to join you in losing 25 pounds...although I have to keep going for a few more pounds after! It is all about motivation and support! I am lacking in one (motivation) but great at giving the other!
  • KATHRYN81177
    Options
    Goodmorning everyone... I'm on my way to spinning class.... Remember you have nothing to lose but weight!
  • Tasha1476
    Options
    I am really excited about this! I still need to lose about 45 LBS total, but in January I am moving back to NY and am going to see all the friends I havent seen in a year, so I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to lose 25 lbs by January. Im in!!
  • Tasha1476
    Options
    I just read the post further, so I am going to post my info. I joined MFP over a year ago, but didn't really use it at all until April of this year, and didn't really start using it on a daily basis until June. Since April, I have lost 27 Lbs, which is not the best results but considering I was traveling most of the time ( I was in London for April and May... On a road trip across America for all of June and in Finland for all of July and part of August) I didnt have a lot of time to focus on diet and exercise so I consider it a win situation. In April I weighed in at 198, as of last sunday I weighed 171. We will see what it is tomorrow. :D I think now that Im not traveling and have TONS of free time to devote to my health and fitness plan, I can DEFINITELY handle 25 lbs by January and I feel very grateful that I found this group!

I weigh myself every Sunday. I only measure once a month at the end of the month. I work out 5 times a week, but at the very least I do a mile walk every day just to keep active.

As far as eating, the biggest thing I focus on is portion control and balance in my diet.. If I want something I eat it, I dont deprive myself of anything. If I want a milkshake, I have one, but I only eat half, enjoy the heck out of it, log it and plan the rest of my day accordingly. I have found that when I am on a restrictive diet it leads to cravings and binges and falling off the wagon.

Its working for me at least. :D I can't wait to work towards our goals together.
  • KATHRYN81177
    Options
    Goodmorning all... I just finished spinning class! I am tired as heck! Stick a fork in me I'm done. Since I'm off today and tomorrow I decided to go to the gym in the morning instead of in the evening. I hope everyone is doing well. Remember you have nothing to lose but weight!