Replies

• willisda
    willisda Posts: 2,251 Member
    Options
    I exist. I. Am. Canadian.
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Yep, I live 2 miles from a border crossing. Therrrrrrrrre heeeeeeeeeere! (And our local economy very much appreciates them!)

I thought we were hated in borderr towns. There are facebook groups set up to ban us from costco at certain times so the american's can bulk buy without us getting in their way eating their cheap cheese!

Even when i move closer to the border, i think i will only be down for the little bottles of cheap wine, and the occasional wild cherry pepsi
  • mleech77
    mleech77 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I was actually accused of being one of these mythological people the other day when I told someone I have 4 Siberian Huskies.

Me - That's a beautiful dog you have there, I have 4 huskies at home.
    Her - 4 Huskies?!?!, Are you Canadian or something?
    Me - Obviously not, you can see me and touch me, I'm real.
    Her - (touches my arm) You're right, I don't know what I was thinking.
  • elledeery
    elledeery Posts: 866
    Options
    Ohh hey, sorry I was didn't prove my existence sooner, I was busy shining up my skidoo for winter's arrival next month, then I was oot and aboot bringing my beaver to the vet, hanging out with my cousin Justin Bieber and doing some renos around my igloo, forgive me! ;)
    I call shenanigans, everyone knows that Canadians if they truly existed would have mentioned something about taking care of their moose as that is their main means of transportation.

I apologize, my moose is currently in the shop for repairs so for now I've borrowed my parents dog sled! ;)
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWQf13B8epw

You know you want to!

and the lyrics are there for those of you that can't understand the accent!
  • mikejholmes
    mikejholmes Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m45w8fJsKs1r6v7a8o1_500.gif

haha best canadian ever!

Interesting - I'm Canadian and I have no idea who that is! Who is that eh?

Ditto -- who is that?
  • JustCallMe_Tanya_Eh
    JustCallMe_Tanya_Eh Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Yes, we do exist!! Funny...I always wondered the same thing about Americans?!
  • ThisCanadian
    ThisCanadian Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m45w8fJsKs1r6v7a8o1_500.gif

haha best canadian ever!

Interesting - I'm Canadian and I have no idea who that is! Who is that eh?

Ditto -- who is that?

Robin Sparkles. Remember our teen pop queen from the 90s?
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    this is supposed to be a picture of actual Canadians, but it doesn't look real to me. i appears to have been heavily photoshopped.

ChristmasinCanada09.jpg

Thought it looked pretty accurate but then I spotted the monkey in the background. Our monkey's wear heavy coats

Monkey-dressed-in-coat-012.jpg

Definitely shopped.
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Yep, I live 2 miles from a border crossing. Therrrrrrrrre heeeeeeeeeere! (And our local economy very much appreciates them!)

I thought we were hated in borderr towns. There are facebook groups set up to ban us from costco at certain times so the american's can bulk buy without us getting in their way eating their cheap cheese!

Even when i move closer to the border, i think i will only be down for the little bottles of cheap wine, and the occasional wild cherry pepsi

It's kind of like when I lived on Cape Cod. We complained, b*tched pissed and moaned about the tourists every summer. However, they're kind of essential to the economy. Without them, we would have been in BIG trouble. We recognize their contributions to the local economy, we just hated their contributions to the local traffic!
  • stealthSLOTH
    stealthSLOTH Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    O Canada!
  • catneon
    catneon Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    this is supposed to be a picture of actual Canadians, but it doesn't look real to me. i appears to have been heavily photoshopped.

Thought it looked pretty accurate but then I spotted the monkey in the background. Our monkey's wear heavy coats

Definitely shopped.
    QFT and it's not snowing so you know it aint real
  • kklemarow
    kklemarow Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    If they don't then all that time spent watching Degrassi Junior High as a kid gave me false hopes. (CBC was the only channel we could get on our circa 1980 satellite dish.) It also means that I wasted all those hours learning to sing like Brad Roberts. Dammit!

"Everybody wants something......"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nU2zvWsmMk
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    They descend on the USA in November. It's the great migration. Most are geese.

I love those canadians!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    They do exist. Here in Detroit we are very weary of them critters to the south. The Kernadiens.
    Yes, but according to Martha Reeves (when she was on the city council) "It's not as if Canada is a foreign country" :laugh: :laugh:
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I was driving in Florida and stopped to fill up on gas. The attendant looked at my Alberta plate and said "what state is that in"?

I was speechless, there were so many things wrong with his question....Canada does not exist to some Americans.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Don't you know that every time someone says they don't believe in Canadians, a Canadian dies. Quick! Everyone, clap your hands! (it worked for tinker bell)
  • SilviCor
    SilviCor Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    98% of Americans doubt the existence of Canadians simply because they can't grasp the concept that a superior creature such as Canadians are real. They cling in vain to the misconception that Americans are the superior creatures. Poor misguided fools.

This !!!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I do! I am Canadian!

*snicker* riiiiiight!!
This discussion has been closed.