Do you believe in Canadians?

Options

Replies

• SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    They do exist. Here in Detroit we are very weary of them critters to the south. The Kernadiens.

Um, Canada is to the North! :laugh:

Not in Detroit. You go south through the tunnel to get to Ontario. If it exists at all that is.
  • wildrose53
    wildrose53 Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Canadians can easily 'pass for American' as long as we don't accidentally use metric measurements or apologize when hit by a car.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    No because Canadian bacon is not real bacon therefore Canada is not real.

Good point! back bacon is not real bacon.
  • sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    :explode:
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    No because Canadian bacon is not real bacon therefore Canada is not real.

Good point! back bacon is not real bacon.

Back bacon is only called Canadian bacon in the USA, we call it back bacon and it's a European thing...
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    As an NHL fan, I believe Canadians used to exist, but I'm not sure they do now. There's not a Canadian team to be found when it's time to raise the Stanley Cup in victory.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I was driving in Florida and stopped to fill up on gas. The attendant looked at my Alberta plate and said "what state is that in"?

I was speechless, there were so many things wrong with his question....Canada does not exist to some Americans.

And?
  • mleech77
    mleech77 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I was driving in Florida and stopped to fill up on gas. The attendant looked at my Alberta plate and said "what state is that in"?

I was speechless, there were so many things wrong with his question....Canada does not exist to some Americans.

And?
    I think it may be one of those island territories of ours, like Guam, Puerto Rico, or the Virgin Islands. It's hard to keep them all straight. If that's not the case, I bet they are fake plates made with some obscure no-name state in order to throw off local police while making an escape.
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Actually, recent studies have indicated that Canadians are the next step in the evolutionary chain. It must be true, I read it on the internet.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    As an NHL fan, I believe Canadians used to exist, but I'm not sure they do now. There's not a Canadian team to be found when it's time to raise the Stanley Cup in victory.

all of the canadian teams have relocted to the USA. thats why canadian teams dont win anymore.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I've been up there. I didn't see anyone I couldn't have seen in the US some other time.
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    The assertion that Canadians exist has met its burden of proof for this reason I do accept the claim that they do in fact exist.
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options

Ok, while a Canadian team has not raised the cup in some time, the Stanley Cup itself sure spends lots of time north of the border. You know, since most of the greatest players were born here and bring it home to show friends and family :tongue:
  • mamacita721
    mamacita721 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I certainly hope Canadians exist because otherwise I am going to have to call Maury for help in finding my real daddy. :cry: :sad:
  • _meesh_
    _meesh_ Posts: 73
    Options
    The first I AM CANADIAN commercial:

http://youtu.be/WMxGVfk09lU

Hey,
    I'm not a lumberjack,
    Or a fur trader.
    And I don't live in an igloo
    Or eat blubber
    Or own a dogsled.
    And I don't know
    Jimmy, Sally or Suzie from Canada,
    Although I'm sure they're really, really nice.
    I have a Prime Minister, not a President.
    I speak English and French, not American.
    And I pronounce it 'about' not 'a-boot'
    I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack\
    I believe in peacekeeping, not policing,
    Diversity not assimilation
    And that the beaver, is a truly, proud and noble creature.
    A toque is a hat, a chesterfield is a couch
    And it's pronounced "zed", not "zee", "ZED"
    Canada is the 2nd largest landmass,
    The first nation of hockey!
    And the best part of North America!
    My name is Joe, and I AM CANADIAN!
    Thank you
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options

And?
    I think it may be one of those island territories of ours, like Guam, Puerto Rico, or the Virgin Islands. It's hard to keep them all straight. If that's not the case, I bet they are fake plates made with some obscure no-name state in order to throw off local police while making an escape.

You're probably right. It's probably out there in Micronesia with Wake Island or something...
  • mallen404
    mallen404 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    They do exist. Here in Detroit we are very weary of them critters to the south. The Kernadiens.

You realize Canada is NORTH of the USA... right?
  • xoemmytee
    xoemmytee Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    They descend on the USA in November. It's the great migration. Most are geese.
    bahahah
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    The assertion that Canadians exist has met its burden of proof for this reason I do accept the claim that they do in fact exist.

Thanks soldier, I was almost ready to believe we had become like ghosts in that other post that mysteriously vanished :laugh:
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Borders really DON'T exist... we are all just Earthlings.
This discussion has been closed.