Help with chip addiction

Options
I LOVE chips of all kinds, Potato chips, Doritos, Cheetos, etc. bit am trying to find alternatives for when those cravings hit.

What do you eat instead of chips when you are craving that crunchy, salty goodness?

Replies

• magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Just eat some when you want. If you deny yourself something completely it's going to make this much harder. Work on portion control.
  • JGT2004
    JGT2004 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Bump. I am interested in this also.... though I know most will probably suggest Kale chips... I hate kale though, bleh.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Over time I have noticed that bad eating habits have dropped off as I have pursued good habits.
    Maybe anticipate times/circumstances where you will tend to indulge, and make sure you are doing/eating SOMETHING ELSE!
    Agree with above poster that eating a little is certainly fine, over-indulging is not fine.
  • Linbo93
    Linbo93 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    My favorite chip substitute lately: Carrots with hummus. Carrots give the crunch, hummus gives the salty/savory (and the flavor variation). The carrots take longer to chew and you feel FULL before you can over eat. If you DO overeat, you've over eaten on something with nutritional value, so it's the lesser of two evils.
  • penguinchick8478
    Options
    Have you tried eating some pretzels? They can be salty, and the tiny hard card aren't too terrible for you (if I'm reading the labels correctly).
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Pop chips
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I love popcorn! I buy the big bags of kernels and pop them in the microwave in a micropopper but I know some people just pop it in paper bags. :smile:
  • StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Air popped popcorn isn't a bad option. No fat, 31c per cup. You can sprinkle some salt or other seasoning on it. I usually have a good sized bowl 2-3x a week.
  • jensan37
    jensan37 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite crunchy/salty snack are Special K popcorn chips in the sea salt flavor. 30 chips for only 130 calories. I eat them almost every day! Also good are their cracker chips in the honey barbeque flavor :)
  • themanda04
    themanda04 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    chips were a big thing for me. if i'm craving chips, i go for rico's cheddar cheese popcorn. still not great for you, but it's at least air popped and cheesy/salty. perfect replacement for sour cream and cheese chips for me.
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I will sometimes opt for cucumber slices.
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    you should get to a rehab center
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    you should get to a rehab center

OR ^
  • just_me_mindy
    just_me_mindy Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Popchips - Katy's kettle corn or Salt and Vinegar..
  • weightlossnoob
    Options
    Trader Joe's Inner Peas are so good... as someone mentioned prior about pretzels, try some pretzel thins with hummus. So good! And kale chips, lastly, are delicious and don't even taste like kale if prepared properly
  • Time2bFit12
    Time2bFit12 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Popcorn or veggies with hummus, it's the crunch that you're addicted to. Both of these options can be very healthy and a great snack!!!
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Cabbage with Spike or Lemon Pepper seasoning.

You have to get it wet first so the seasoning will stick.

Also popcorn but limit the butter.
  • adlace
    adlace Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    pop chips, its true. they are good.
  • SkagitYogini
    SkagitYogini Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I made kale chips once. It was a lot of work, and they weren't great. I'll never do it again! I agree that air popped popcorn is good. I spray it with zero calorie cooking spray and shake on seasoning salt and Tabasco sauce. Yum!
  • tarashley13
    tarashley13 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    KALE CHIPS!!!!! SOOOO GOOOD!! put popcorn seasoning on them. Just be careful baking them. Well worth them, though. :laugh: :wink: :smile: