"No Garbage Lasagna"

Options

Replies

• srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    OP, you're awesome for not being a d-bag.

And whateveryawannacallit on page 1 looks DELICIOUS.

That is all.
  • nleighp
    nleighp Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    OP, you're awesome for not being a d-bag.

And whateveryawannacallit on page 1 looks DELICIOUS.

That is all.

:drinker: *highfive!*
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    OP, I am opposed to almost everything you've said in this thread, but I support how you are saying it.

agreed, I think I may be more surprised at your composure on an internet message board than the fact that you called your veggie casserole a lasagne

I live by the motto, "Don't feed the trolls."
    Lol.

I've been on the internet for a while and find more often than not that lashing out and getting offended _never_ helps. People are entitled to their opinions. Also, if I'm wrong I'm wrong. I'm okay with that. :)

that's awesome! seriously though, I have your recipe saved and I'm going to make it when I'm not feeling so lazy about baking. I will probably end up adding skim mozzarella and/or parmesan because I like cheese but still, it looks really good.
  • terlyn20
    terlyn20 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    me too... i make the classic lasagna and a vegan one for my vegan son in law. both are delish, but they both have noodles and cheese.

I make my mom's lasagna - the lasagna of my youth. Classic lasagna with noodles, sauce, ricotta cheese, lots of mozzarella cheese, and ground beef
  • nleighp
    Options
    OP, I am opposed to almost everything you've said in this thread, but I support how you are saying it.

agreed, I think I may be more surprised at your composure on an internet message board than the fact that you called your veggie casserole a lasagne

I live by the motto, "Don't feed the trolls."
    Lol.

I've been on the internet for a while and find more often than not that lashing out and getting offended _never_ helps. People are entitled to their opinions. Also, if I'm wrong I'm wrong. I'm okay with that. :)

that's awesome! seriously though, I have your recipe saved and I'm going to make it when I'm not feeling so lazy about baking. I will probably end up adding skim mozzarella and/or parmesan because I like cheese but still, it looks really good.

I'm sure cheese would taste awesome in it (it's probably the thing I miss most about going dairy free). If/when you make it let me know how it turned out! :D
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Why not just call it a gluten free lasagna or something. I cried a little when you called lasagna garbage.

I didn't... I just nomnomnomed mine more... :smile:
  • nleighp
    Options
    Why not just call it a gluten free lasagna or something. I cried a little when you called lasagna garbage.

I didn't... I just nomnomnomed mine more... :smile:

Lol, to each his own. I'm glad you're enjoying yours. :)
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options

Why thank you.
    The dish you posted looks delicious, and is something I'd probably enjoy eating. It is not lasagna, but you know that already.

You keep posting whatever recipes you want - sundae with no ice cream, latkes with no potatoes, even no-crust chicken pot pie with no chicken - as long as you continue to spread this around:
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    This looks delish. I may try it, but slightly tweeked. Add zucchini and cheese. I needs mah cheese!
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    also in for delicious looking dish...no skin off my nose what you call it....
  • nleighp
    Options
    This looks delish. I may try it, but slightly tweeked. Add zucchini and cheese. I needs mah cheese!

Zucchini and cauliflower would both be awesome, I think. Even some broccoli too? ;D
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I make a lasagna w whole wheat noodles and I use half cottage cheese half ricotta and people loveeee it. This looks great too
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    :noway:

How the hell can you call that a lasagna without noodles and cheese??

It's just like lasagne, only minus the ingredients that make it lasagne. Don't you get it? :laugh:

Seriously though OP. I wouldn't call this lasagne myself, but whatever it is, it looks and sounds really delicious. Thanks for sharing.
  • Nefetete
    Nefetete Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    skipped over the debate regarding Lasagna or not Lasagna. Looks delicious & a great side dish with chicken.
    Thx for positing.
  • nleighp
    Options
    :noway:

How the hell can you call that a lasagna without noodles and cheese??

It's just like lasagne, only minus the ingredients that make it lasagne. Don't you get it? :laugh:

Seriously though OP. I wouldn't call this lasagne myself, but whatever it is, it looks and sounds really delicious. Thanks for sharing.

The name of the dish has been discussed and I stand corrected. That said, it was pretty darn tasty. :D
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Lasagna is now a divisive topic.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I prefer mine with garbage, specifically hot sausage, ricotta, and fresh moz. I think most people just don't like it when you call any perfectly healthy foods garage because they are outside your own dietary preferences.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Lasagna is now a divisive topic.
    No, it's not. That is not lasagna.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Where's the cauliflower noodles?!?!
  • nleighp
    Options
    We've reached the point of everyone commenting that has decided tl;dr, lol.