Ideas for slipping my boyfriend more calories

Options

Replies

• blgerig
    blgerig Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    For example, if we are having pork chops, mushrooms, rice and broccoli, I'd give him the larger of the chops and more rice.

This is what I do! My husband takes turns cooking too. We usually make one meal, but eat more of different things - for example I make stirfry and he will eat a lot of the rice while I load up on veggies. He'll have a baked potato on the side of his dinner while I have just the veggies. Or I will make chicken tacos and use lettuce wraps and veggies for me, tortillas and cheese for him.
  • ruwise
    ruwise Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Just much larger portions of the same meal. I usually have very few of the potatoes, rice pasta part but my husband can have a lot more. He used to complain and say I was a feeder as the main reason I gained weight was eating the same as him so I had to explain that I am not meant to eat as much as him and that I want him to eat more healthy food rather than just making up the difference in chocolate and crisps which he would do if he could get away with it.
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I'm with the group that doesn't understand why he can't take care of himself?
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    I give him larger portions, and add ingredients to his plate.

I give him twice the amount of rice I eat for example etc.

Works fine

does the OP know you're also feeding her husband?
  • Sylkwyrm
    Sylkwyrm Posts: 75 Member
    Options

Works fine

I didn't know I had a husband! :-o
  • Sylkwyrm
    Options

If I were a mechanic, and my BF's car was in bad shape, would you understand me wanting to help fix his car?
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Make him this http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1046449-tyler-s-tator-tot-casserole

My son loved it. He needs to gain at least 20 lbs. I don't keep enough calorie dense foods in the house, so I'm more aware of that when I grocery shop.
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options

If I were a mechanic, and my BF's car was in bad shape, would you understand me wanting to help fix his car?

I'm confused, you're a mechanic?
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Why are you responsible for his caloric intake? I'm not being snarky, I'm just not sure why he can't fend for himself.
    QFT. :laugh:
    Sorry, but I also am in the he's-a-grown-*kitten*-man-he-can-feed-himself camp. You are his woman not his mama. A dog won't die of starvation in front of a full bowl of food.
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I can sympathise, my other half is the same although he goes from one extreme to the next. He eats the same meals as I do in the evening and he used to barely eat anything in the day as he didn't really stop for lunch and would skip breakfast saying he didn't have the time.

I've done the same thing and I'm sure like me you're doing this because you care for him and want to look after him, I'm the same with my partner and he does the same for me as we're a couple and sometimes the other person sees things you don't. I think it's weird to not want to help your partner, just because they are adults doesn't mean they are doing the right thing, which is why most of us are here anyway. I literally can't take care of myself at the moment and he is happy to wash me and move me in bed, bring me everything I need so ensuring his health is the least I can do as he is looking after me.

It is near impossible to do, that's the bad news. But once they start eating more in the day it's a good pattern. I convinced him he did have time for breakfast as he was always playing shmups for thirty minutes before going, at first he was just having the same cereal as me but he now has more calories dense muesli and he finishes off my milk for me, he takes a bit extra for lunch now - I stock up on cup a soup and cup a noodle for a bit extra, he can carry them around in his bag which also helps when he forgets his lunch but also has snacks in the day, mainly cereal bars as he can eat them quickly and nuts. I also feed him cake and ice cream in the evening. When he started to get more of an exercise routine on the go he also started to buy whey protein to add extra calories and he sticks that in a lot of things. Eventually he realised he had more energy at work and now makes sure he has a proper lunch time to sit and eat.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    when you get your skinny latte at starbucks for 100 calories
    - get his regular latte with heavy whipping cream instead of milk for way more cals.

when you get your lite sub at subway with all the veggies and mustard as a six inch on whole wheat.
    -get his footlong with two kinds of cheese and two kinds of meat and mayo and a sauce on it.

When you cook at home grilled or boiled chicken with rice and veggies
    - put butter on his rice and veggies and olive oil on his meat. serve it w/sour cream, guac, boursin cheese or chimichurri

When you go to breakfast and get eggs and steak for you as per paleo
    - get his with side of hash browns or fattening breakfast roll like buttery croisant

when you have sorbet or berries for dessert
    - order him an ice cream sunday, bread pudding, or chocolate cake.

when you have a snack of bell peppers with dip,
    -make his ruffles with the same dip.

Things like that. And honestly in order to make him more responsible for his own food and eating issues I think I would leave him to his own devices for awhile until he started to feel the effects of not staying on top of his foods. I'm a forgetful eater too with tendencies towards anemia who happens to be overweight. I would have never gotten an handle on remembering to eat unless I had to face the problems that my absent mindedness had caused. He will correct himself and you'll have less to worry about daily and he'll have an easier time interacting with you and will view you in a kinder light. I hated being controlled by anyone in this way or being "gently reminded" it felt like such an intrusion.
  • Sylkwyrm
    Options

I'm answering the question by using an analogy. The following link my help you understand.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/analogy
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options

I'm answering the question by using an analogy. The following link my help you understand.

and he was being facetious

The following link may help you understand:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/facetious
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    My husband and I eat different meals most of the time for the same reason. I'll become gigantic eating the kind of foods that he needs to not lose weight.

Oh, and he mostly dislikes vegetables unless they are cooked into complete mush, which I find disgusting. It has worked out fine for us, but we only had one kid. If we had a big family to feed, that way of eating would not be practical.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

No, but I am. I'd like to see what's under your hood. :wink:
  • Sylkwyrm
    Options

and he was being facetious

The following link may help you understand:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/facetious

How does being facetious help this discussion? Or was he just trolling?
  • zansidhe
    zansidhe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I make dinner for both my husband and myself. Usually, I'll make a full meal for four, eat a regular sized portion and he'll have the rest.

As has been mentioned earlier, I'd talk with him about your concerns. Communication is key and it may be that he just needs reminding now and again.
  • tlab827
    tlab827 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Three things you need to know about my boyfriend:

1) He is one of those people who can eat just about anything and not gain weight

2) He is also one of those people who forgets to eat

3) He is not a very good cook

We live together and I'm currently trying to loose weight. When I make low calorie dinners at home I loose weight but he looses weight too, and he doesn't have much weight to spare. So far I've tried giving him granola bars, nuts, and Naked Juice to take to work with him and I've gone so far as to put a candy dish on his desk at home to try and encourage calorie intake. I realize that's not a terribly healthy way to encourage him.

Does anyone else have any tips or tricks for helping my BF eat more calories without sharing high calorie dinners?

I think we are dating the same person, except mine is a prety good cook!

My solution was having my finace's assistant remind him to take lunch breaks!
  • Sylkwyrm
    Options

Works fine

I didn't know I had a husband! :-o

oh snap!
    my reading comprehension seems to be in starvation mode!

It's ok. Just don't tell my boyfriend. ;-)
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Three things you need to know about my boyfriend:

1) He is one of those people who can eat just about anything and not gain weight

2) He is also one of those people who forgets to eat

3) He is not a very good cook

We live together and I'm currently trying to loose weight. When I make low calorie dinners at home I loose weight but he looses weight too, and he doesn't have much weight to spare. So far I've tried giving him granola bars, nuts, and Naked Juice to take to work with him and I've gone so far as to put a candy dish on his desk at home to try and encourage calorie intake. I realize that's not a terribly healthy way to encourage him.

Does anyone else have any tips or tricks for helping my BF eat more calories without sharing high calorie dinners?

I think we are dating the same person, except mine is a prety good cook!

My solution was having my finace's assistant remind him to take lunch breaks!

Wow, is this a real thing? You really need to have your fiancé's assistant remind him to eat? I bet she values her job. How does this happen? I've been so busy that I can't eat, but never forgotten.