Ideas for slipping my boyfriend more calories

Options

Replies

• peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it too much, let him do his own thing.

I cook for myself and my boyfriend and I just give him extra food and have smaller portions for myself.
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Just break up.
    lol
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I would never want to 'slip' my OH extra calories just because I was jealous of his metabolism, he can't help it.
    I'm sorry but I find this post uneasy & selfish :/
  • kater86
    kater86 Posts: 11
    Options
    My fiance is the same as your boyfriend. And since you dont mind taking care of it, just ensure he eats more and of the right things. For lunch everyday i send my fiance with 2 sandwiches (meat, cheese & mustard or egg or tuna salad. thats how he likes it), tons of water (he wont drink it without Mio),2 bananas, 2 pudding cups or 2 no sugar added fruit cups, a cheese string or baby bel, a protien bar, 2 granola bars, a bag of cut fresh veggies andonce in a while a small bag of chips. Keeps him happy.
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Slip a hotdog in your hoohoo.

Kind of expected the thread to go this way. Although I thought more a mars bar or something. Gotta work.

Failing that just give him bigger servings and maybe put some sauces and gravy's on his plate, or grated food, and really don't worry so much. Give him a milkshake/protein shake or something with his dinner.
  • kater86
    kater86 Posts: 11
    Options
    That all depends. If he complains about it or is self conscious about it then its the boost he needs.
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Slip a hotdog in your hoohoo.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • potatocar
    potatocar Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Just break up.

:laugh:
  • Pheboh
    Pheboh Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. My boyfriend cannot gain weight so I usually make variations of the meal I'm making so we can still eat together :) For example, if I'm making us stuffed pasta shells, I make his with ground beef and some veggies and I make mine with mostly veggies and ground chicken. For tonight's dinner I'm making a stuffed chicken - he can have the chicken with skin and/or the wings, and more stuffing, since both are higher in calories and I just eat the meat. I'll also have mashed potatoes, made mostly with sweet potatoes, whereas he can just have the white potatoes.

If you need any other ideas, just send me a message :)
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    you want to feed him more....so you don't look bigger than him??

am I getting this right?
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I'm with the group that doesn't understand why he can't take care of himself?

If I were a mechanic, and my BF's car was in bad shape, would you understand me wanting to help fix his car?

Not an apt analogy unless your BF is also a mechanic.

I've lived with people who were forgetful eaters. They learn to eat on their own. If you're still bent on behaving like his parent, give him larger portions of food and calorie dense foods. Plenty of suggestions in this thread.
  • mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Larger portions. I'm making lettuce wrapped burgers tonight, but I'm giving him more and adding cheese and other stuff in his. Add higher calorie stuff in his food. My husband isn't underweight at all. He just needs to eat more food than I do.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    I am totally confused by this whole thing. Are you his girlfriend, or his mother? Is he losing weight to the point that he is sick? Hair falling out? Has a vitamin deficiency? Is his doctor concerned and has him on an eating schedule and high calorie shakes or a feeding tube at home?

No?

I'm pretty sure he will be okay. He is a grown *kitten* man & will eat when he gets hungry, unless he is (and i am not making light of this at all, because I am the mother to a special needs child whom I prepare balanced meals for on a daily basis) is a special needs person. If that is the fact, then you should provide him with three equally balanced meals, with properly balanced and healthy snacks, just as you would for a child.. but to meet his calorie standards for his height and weight and his medical needs. If you need help with this, you should seek the advice of a nutritionist, and not the people here on MFP because things like PIE, ICE CREAM and BEER along with other items are NOT ways to fill in his calories to make sure he is eating healthy. If you cannot afford a nutritionist, please do some research on building menus for balanced meals. You can also get a list of healthy foods from your doctor for free.

Just remember that a "low calorie" meal doesn't always mean "healthy" so when you are preparing your evening meal, try to make sure that you are making better choices for both of you. I hope this helps & if you need any further help, you can message me. =)

Good luck!
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry...I am with those who don't understand why you can't just let him eat when and what he wants to. I mean...all these women who say they give their men extra portions? How about just letting them put what they want on their plates? He'll eat if he's hungry.

My husband would freak out if I tried to feed him. Once he asked me to help him pack lunches, because he tends to either not eat during the day (he runs his own contracting business and is all over the place and/or on the phone) or will grab fast food. I made sure he had food to bring. It was up to him to bring it. He didn't.

But my husband also hates having anyone wait on him. He doesn't even like servers waiting for us at restaurants.

We also are really bad about cooking meals and generally grab whatever either of us wants for dinner, often different things. Unless it's a day with our daughter. Then we cook.

*rambling

I have way too much time on my hands today.
  • mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    @AprilRenewed, I cook dinner almost every night so I just put food on his plate once I cook it. I put less on my plate. I don't need to do that. I just do it because it's not a real bother to do.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Thank him for being supportive and let him know that you're just as happy with him eating what's right for him.
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    @AprilRenewed, I cook dinner almost every night so I just put food on his plate once I cook it. I put less on my plate. I don't need to do that. I just do it because it's not a real bother to do.

I get it. I've done that for my husband a time or two. But he prefers if I just let him serve himself. I guess I'm spoiled by his outlook. I didn't mean you were a horrible person or a servant to your husband or anything like that. :)
  • fit_librarian
    fit_librarian Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend works a stressful job and forgets to eat all the time. I have to do the same thing, so here are my suggestions:

1. Smoothies in the morning using bananas, protein powder, greek yogurt, and/or silken tofu
    2. Cliff bars
    3. Make a big pot of bean soup (or nutrient-dense soup) that he can snack on throughout the week
    4. Keep healthy snacks in the house that will okay for you to eat too (almonds, fruit, carrot sticks and hummus, etc)
    5. Remember that he'll eat if he wants to, but little reminders help as well :)
  • courtneytrisha
    courtneytrisha Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    i didnt read this whole thread so sorry if this was already asked, but why doesn't he just cook his own food? Or make his own snacks? Why do you have to be in charge of that? Not trying to be rude, it's just he sounds like he's making you cook everything like you're his mom
  • Sylkwyrm
    Sylkwyrm Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend works a stressful job and forgets to eat all the time. I have to do the same thing, so here are my suggestions:

1. Smoothies in the morning using bananas, protein powder, greek yogurt, and/or silken tofu
    2. Cliff bars
    3. Make a big pot of bean soup (or nutrient-dense soup) that he can snack on throughout the week
    4. Keep healthy snacks in the house that will okay for you to eat too (almonds, fruit, carrot sticks and hummus, etc)
    5. Remember that he'll eat if he wants to, but little reminders help as well :)

These are great suggestions! And he loves my lentil soup. ;-)