lost 282# in 12 months

Options

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    So many members her get berated for eating under 1200, especially a guy. This is the second success story I have seen where the guy ate below 1200 and still lost the weight.

This is proof that what works for some doesn't work for all.

Well done on the loss! Keep it going!

When someone is that big and has such a large amount of weight to lose (I mean no offense to the OP, just facts), they can get away with a more extreme deficit.
  • tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    So many members her get berated for eating under 1200, especially a guy. This is the second success story I have seen where the guy ate below 1200 and still lost the weight.

i think one of the main differences is age. this guy is 59. as people grow older, their caloric needs change. either way, hats off to you OP for turning your life around! you look fantastic and it's great you've been doing this all under the close eye of your doctor. keep it up with the healthy living!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

Eating very low calorie will work...it's just not a sustainable plan and for most, it's not a healthy plan. Fast weight loss isn't always fantastic in the long run.

Yes, this OP had a lot to lose and was able to eat at a lower deficit, but that's not a plan for people with half the weight to lose.

This is proof that the OP lost 282 pounds in 12 months...nothing more, nothing less.
  • BHKLEIN
    BHKLEIN Posts: 104
    Options
    A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • cedman1
    cedman1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Seriously impressive!!!! Congrats!!
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    You just saved your own life!
  • GoinToKickThis
    GoinToKickThis Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    What an amazing feat..!!! CHEERS!!
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,792 Member
    Options
    what an amazing job you did.
  • rharredo
    rharredo Posts: 22
    Options
    whoaa! great job man!
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    wow....i have more than 100+ lbs to lose...and it IS daunting. i can't imagine how strong you must be......to have not had pizza or junk food for a whole year!
    that is amazing - - your loss and new committment to your health really IS inspirational!
  • mamagirl49
    mamagirl49 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Bump. You're my hero.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Wow Virtual "High Five" to you what an inspiration you are for everyone out there no matter what our ages or how much we have to lose :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Well done and best wishes for continued success! Although I approached my weight loss differently, can't argue with your results :bigsmile:
  • mandylgibbs
    mandylgibbs Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    You give me hope!
  • beachgirl172723
    beachgirl172723 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Wow. Wow. Wow. Just what I needed to hear. Truly inspirational.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Great job and best of luck getting the rest of the way there!!!

For the people commenting that people can lose at less than 1000cals... I want to point out that OP did it the smart way and checked in with his doc every month! OP, I'm sure if you're doctor had said something you were doing was incorrect.. you would have changed right??

I hope no one sees this as justification to eat too low! Everyone's different, remember that...
  • cinrn68
    cinrn68 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Such great success!! Congrats. I love your no-nonsese attitude about the whole process. Kudos for taking charge of your life and becoming a healthier you! Keep up the great work!
  • luulu1999
    luulu1999 Posts: 119
    Options
    WOW!!! You have given me encouragement that I can be 100lbs lighter within a year
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    WOW!! Wonderful transformation! And thanks for sharing. Love your face in the second pic--almost like you are so happy that you are glowing!
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    :') The willpower! 282lbs! You are beyond amazing. You did not settle. You made a huge change and you look fantastic. Kudos to you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!