Bump for later
  • caribear1984
    caribear1984 Posts: 203
    Options
    Thanks for this! Bumping for later.
  • mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I guessed it right on... and I'm actually a little disappointed! See, I thought that I saw myself as bigger than I am (now) and I guess I don't. :frown:
  • jhandur
    jhandur Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I guessed my correct size. All those years of sewing and tailoring clothes came in handy.
  • ChiJenn
    ChiJenn Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing. I guessed that I was 17.5 % bigger than I really am. My view is clearly off when it comes to my body. Never new that. What an eye opener!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Wonderful site!
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    you are 7.5% smaller than you think you are...

Almost every woman I know would guess herself to be bigger then she is, I wonder why that is. Why are we so hard on ourselves? It really makes you think.

I just hit 24lb weight loss and my dh is telling me how great I look, and how proud he is of me, and what do I say back..... "Thanks, but I have still so far to go"...... Why do I do that? I really makes me sad when I think about that. I'm going to do better to not be so hard on myself and learn to take a compliment and be as proud of myself as he is :heart:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    What a tremendously inspirational and encouraging site...I found out I was--- you are 20% smaller than you think you are...
    Your measurements indicate that you're actually smaller than the size you guessed on the sliding scale!

I also loved the positive and uplifting message it gave me too...

you are the perfect rectangle

Rectangle: Your shoulders, waist and hips are similar in width, creating a long, lean body shape. Also known as an 'athletic' shape, your figure is absolutely perfect for heavily sculpted outfits with lots of shape and layering, so be adventurous with your choices! You're starting with a blank canvas in terms of shape, meaning you can highlight your figure with straight lines - with a well-fitting soft blazer, for example. A-symmetrical hems are a great option for an eye-catching dressy outfit, while you'll find that fluted edges and frilled hems will give you a little shape wherever you want them to!

:bigsmile: How encouraging this message is to me :smooched: Says my shape is like Gwenneth Paltrow, Cameron Diaz, and Jessica Ennis. It's true, when I was slim & trim...I was shaped like these women.

The model they said I am DOES look like my body shape--the model I picked was actually 4 sizes BIGGER than I guessed I looked like. WOW, this is wondrous to me. I'm actually going to change my weight loss goal because of this. Instead of trying to lose 70 pounds...I'm going to start with 20% lower than I currently weigh or 40 pounds instead, which is a HUGE inspiration and so doable than 70 pounds is. THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS--YOU ROCK:heart:
  • hutchy90
    hutchy90 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am 7.5% smaller than I think I am. Thanks for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • dangdangBB
    dangdangBB Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I was pretty close- only 2.5% off, but it was still eye opening for me :)
  • Kaali1985
    Kaali1985 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I actually love that!

I guessed 12.5% bigger than I am, which showed 2 dress sizes across.

:):):)
  • rebamay87
    rebamay87 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Another really great website to look for women who are the same size as you is: http://www.mybodygallery.com/

I agree about this site! I browse the images there for my current size and my goal size.. so I can try and get my head around it, like anything it is generalised - just like the site I posted but if it makes you stop and think for a few moments about how you see yourself and what you think your body looks like, then its done its job :)

I am blown away by the responses - fantastic to see so many ladies giving it a go - proud of you all for at least thinking about it!
  • lvarbrew
    lvarbrew Posts: 9
    Options
    I can't get the page to open...how frustrating. It says the server isn't responding. Perhaps it doesn't like Aussies. Haha.

ETA: Got it working! 7.5% smaller than I actually am and 'the perfect hourglass'...wow. What an absolutely incredible website.
  • CrazyC
    CrazyC Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    oh wow!! i guessed myself as 17.5% larger than it says I am - I knew I didn't see myself quite right, but that is a significant difference.. makes me a little disappointed at myself, but I guess that's why one particular work colleague keeps trying to get me to see the difference in photos etc.

Me too my hubby NAILED it. :smile: :heart: him. It was interesting, but I do agree with the other posters that said it's not truly accurate (obviously) because the models are probably tall or at least not BARELY 5 feet like me. :laugh:
  • FakingFitness
    FakingFitness Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I got it right. Funny though, I still want it to be different.
  • CrazyC
    CrazyC Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    25% less than what I picked...wow...nice website...wish it did US regions too though.

Me too. I searched but couldn't find anything.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Every women should look at this site! Thank you so much for sharing! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • arl1286
    arl1286 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Awkward.
    you are 7.5% larger than you think you are...
  • brunette824
    brunette824 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I guessed myself 25% bigger and apparently I'm a perfect hourglass....Thanks for this site it was a definite confidence booster!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!