Is it okay to eat fast food every once in awhile?

Options

Replies

• ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    You can eat any food on earth, if it fits into your macros and you get your micro's too you're all good - anyone who says otherwise is clearly supporting some ridiculous clean eating movement. We are humans, not robots.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    You said you haven't exceeded your goals, so you're good!
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY NOT D:
  • o2bADyer
    o2bADyer Posts: 208
    Options
    If it stays within your goals, it's fine. A healthy lifestyle doesn't mean you have to deprive yourself from things you like to eat or going to get fast food sometimes. Do things in moderation and your weight loss will be more sustainable.

I agree with this!
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Pretty much ANY food is okay every once in a while.

Truth.
  • Peachy1962
    Peachy1962 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Is fine in moderation!!

I like tacos from tacos bell and they are only 170 cals and chicken nuggets happy meal from micky D's is a great choice with apples slices and a diet coke to keep the cals low!! Beware of dipping sauces and go easy!!
  • tlou5
    tlou5 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I feel kinda bad now. I ate chick fil a on my lunch break from school. I was really hungry and didn't have time to drive home to grab some food. I tried to make it healthier though. I ate a regular chicken sandwich (no butter no pickles) a medium fry (no salt) and a bottle of water. It totaled to 800 calories and 39 grams of fat. Outrageous right? i still have plenty of calories left for the day and nothing is over what my daily limit is on MFP. I actually still have plenty of room for a light dinner.

I rarely eat fast food now, if i do its chick fil a every other week for a day. I plan on going to the gym later and working out but im not sure if i kind of ruined everything for the day. i'm not saying im dropping everything and being done i'm continuing this weight loss journey but i need some encouragement.

If God has not yet struck you with lightening I think you'll be ok :wink:
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Sure! Just keep in your calories! I have the occasional Wendy's jr. bacon cheeseburger or McDouble with a small fry or a slice of pizza or two :happy: just keep it in the calories. And it might not be the best everyday but occasional... I say enjoy! :flowerforyou:
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Pretty much ANY food is okay every once in a while.

Truth.

Exactly this.

I've lost my 29 pounds so far eating oreos, doughnuts, potato chips, homemade bread with butter and jelly, candy, movie popcorn, hotdogs, pizza, spaghetti, and anything else I've wanted. The key is not eating it all the same day, and keeping track of every bit and working it into your macros.

The only exceptions would be if you have a medical reason to avoid certain foods or a psychological reason to avoid foods. There are foods that trigger really bad cravings for me and in turn, binging. Those foods I avoid.

I want a lifestyle change that I can truly live with. It's the only way to make changes permanent.
  • SwitzEngine
    SwitzEngine Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    I still eat everything as long as it is within my daily goal. I like chocolate brownies and stuff :-)
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I love Chick-fil-a's chicken sandwiches. . I'm pretty sure if there was one within a 2 hour drive I'd have a chicken sandwich at least once a month.
  • LoreleiEvil
    LoreleiEvil Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You need to move past demonizing any kind of foods... There is nothing wrong with eating out, if you have the calories and hit your macros then enjoy life and enjoy some food..... Best of Luck

Thanks, well stated!
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to feel bad that I have never tried Chik-fil-a.

For me, occasional fast food is a must, due to work travel and surprise "let's order in and work through lunch" days. I've been able to learn the healthier choices that I prefer, from the local fast food places, many of which are national so I can take that preference with me to airports and such.
  • labeachgirl
    labeachgirl Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have McD's occasionally, but the high sodium kicks up the water retention for me :grumble:
  • emzyloo88
    emzyloo88 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    i have a takeaway once a week.... and im good the rest :) x
  • lovelyx091
    lovelyx091 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    What's done is done. Move forward now and don't stress out about choosing convenience over nutrition. If you want a treat every once in a while, and your health won't suffer from it, go ahead and have a fast food meal, if that's what you like. Personally, I find fast food bland and disappointing these days. Well, except Pizza Hut. Pizza Hut is the devil. :devil:

Pizza Hut really is the devil :grumble:
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    If u eat it very rarely it could make u sick. Just give it up, it does nothing for u
  • MoganHorse
    MoganHorse Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Eat it! I go have lunch out probably once a week at least but I try to make the best choice I can by looking online at their nutrition info . I also plug in whatever I choose to eat into MFP before I go so I won't be tempted to grab a coke or cookie that I didn't plan for. If you deprive yourself too long from something, you will end up binging (coming from a girl who gave up ice cream for 3 months and found herself sitting in her car with an empty extra large chocolate-chip shake from Braums... not good!)
  • Brokenmule
    Options
    Anybody else wanting to chime in about preservatives, holy crappers! sugar and preservatives are the enemy lol! the liver has no idea what preservatives are , they work on them and work on them until finally it gives up and says I have no idea what this is or what to do with it ,im just going to dump it in to fat cells, cant afford to waste anymore time on it! theres more food coming in! god I hope its not preservatives!