Just eaten a whole pizza, now I'm off to bed.

Options

Replies

• jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    This happens if you eat late (true story):
    MTUL6.gif

No it doesn't. I can never get the popcorn bags to stay on my ears.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    kinda sad that the OP and a few in this thread believe that calories is all a person needs to eat for

What about all the macro and micro nutrients his body is starving for that he didnt provide it in a whole ****ing pie that he ate for his daily meal?

****ty way to eat and a ****ty way to live to be dead honest

Oh I'm sorry Dr Watson, I wasn't aware you could see my diary? I thought it was friends only, but lets go over what I had today.

Breakfast - Oats (porridge) with fresh cherries and blueberries

Lunch - Banana, low fat crackers and some cheese spread, with a cheese and onion roll (not logged, but I know it's properties)

Dinner - Thin crust veg and cheese pizza, with 140 G of Caribbean spicy wedges, with some coleslaw

Snacks - banana.

And that's a *****ty way to eat?

Are you Popeye or something?

Please, good sir, show me how champions like yourself eat!

Pre workout and breakfast

Kale shake - 2 cups kale, 2 cups baby spinach, 2 carrots, 1 pear, 4 stalks celery, 1 piece ginger, 1 little thing garlic, 1 cucumber

Totals

- 325 cals, 1 fat, 21g protein, 70g carbs, 22g fiber

Breakfast

6 egg whites – add in as much turmeric and black pepper as you like.

96 cals, 22g protein, 0 cholesterol

1 Barlett Pear

100 cals, 1 protein, 5g fiber

1 Ruby red grapefruit

97 cals, 2 protein, 4 fiber

breakfast totals

293 cals, 25g protein, 0 cholesterol, 9g fiber

Lunch

1.5 cups of homemade vegan split pea soup.

170 cals, 2g fat, 11g protein, 12g fiber

1 Gala Apple

80 cals, 1 protein, 5g fiber

½ cup wonderful pistachios Roasted & NO salt

160 cals, 14g fat. 6g protein, 3g fiber

1 cup of steamed broccoli

55 cals, 1g fat, 4g protein, 5g fiber

lunch totals

465 cals, 17g fat, 22g protein, 25g fiber

Dinner

12oz of lightly grilled or baked chicken tenders

460 cals, 22g fat, 36g protein, 85g cholesterol

1 corn on the cob (NO BUTTER)

110 cals, 1g fat, 3g protein, 3g fiber

1 Barlett Pear

Dinner totals

840 cals 25g fat, 51g protein, 85g cholesterol, 20g fiber

Daily total.

- 1923 cals, 43g fat, 119g protein, 85g cholesterol, 170g carbs, 76g fiber

Eww. DNW.

No butter? Are you some kind of heathen?
  • serendipity57
    serendipity57 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Good for you OP!...I always make sure I save calories to eat at night, I guess I'm just a night eater, hasn't affected my weight loss at all. Oh and I can't stand others preaching to people about WHAT they eat holier than thou attitude. blah blah blah
  • ChiManLifts
    Options
    Full pizza crew checking in. Don't the see the point in not eating the whole pie.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    All the veggies on the pizza are great for him. However, OP, I must say that you suck. I wish I could eat like that. I can't; therefore, you suck.
    Hey, if you put enough exercise in for the day, you could probably eat pizza, wedges and coleslaw before bed!
    Don't tell totalsham though if you do, he might implode during a self righteous fit of rage.
    I thought you were going to bed? :yawn:
  • totalsham
    totalsham Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Good for you OP!...I always make sure I save calories to eat at night, I guess I'm just a night eater, hasn't affected my weight loss at all. Oh and I can't stand others preaching to people about WHAT they eat holier than thou attitude. blah blah blah

no one is being holier....

i stated early that he could eat a better dinner then a whole pie.

hell i rather 2 slices... a few buds 55's, a large *kitten* mixed tossed salad, with a few garlic knots instead of a whole pie and fries.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,619 Member
    Options
    But OP missed my point. a whole pie is what 4k-5k sodium? how much cholesterol alone? guessing 150-200. total fat? guessing 60-70g

i dont give a **** about the time... you could eat a better dinner. Thats all im saying

carry on!
    What's the problem with sodium if one doesn't suffer from high blood pressure? What dosage of dietary cholesterol affects body's natural cholesterol? Not blood cholesterol level, but cholesterol that contributes to heart disease?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ChiManLifts
    Options
    kinda sad that the OP and a few in this thread believe that calories is all a person needs to eat for

What about all the macro and micro nutrients his body is starving for that he didnt provide it in a whole ****ing pie that he ate for his daily meal?

****ty way to eat and a ****ty way to live to be dead honest

Oh I'm sorry Dr Watson, I wasn't aware you could see my diary? I thought it was friends only, but lets go over what I had today.

Breakfast - Oats (porridge) with fresh cherries and blueberries

Lunch - Banana, low fat crackers and some cheese spread, with a cheese and onion roll (not logged, but I know it's properties)

Dinner - Thin crust veg and cheese pizza, with 140 G of Caribbean spicy wedges, with some coleslaw

Snacks - banana.

And that's a *****ty way to eat?

Are you Popeye or something?

Please, good sir, show me how champions like yourself eat!

Pre workout and breakfast

Kale shake - 2 cups kale, 2 cups baby spinach, 2 carrots, 1 pear, 4 stalks celery, 1 piece ginger, 1 little thing garlic, 1 cucumber

Totals

- 325 cals, 1 fat, 21g protein, 70g carbs, 22g fiber

Breakfast

6 egg whites – add in as much turmeric and black pepper as you like.

96 cals, 22g protein, 0 cholesterol

1 Barlett Pear

1 Ruby red grapefruit

97 cals, 2 protein, 4 fiber

breakfast totals

293 cals, 25g protein, 0 cholesterol, 9g fiber

Lunch

1 Gala Apple

80 cals, 1 protein, 5g fiber

½ cup wonderful pistachios Roasted & NO salt

160 cals, 14g fat. 6g protein, 3g fiber

1 cup of steamed broccoli

55 cals, 1g fat, 4g protein, 5g fiber

lunch totals

465 cals, 17g fat, 22g protein, 25g fiber

Dinner

12oz of lightly grilled or baked chicken tenders

460 cals, 22g fat, 36g protein, 85g cholesterol

1 corn on the cob (NO BUTTER)

110 cals, 1g fat, 3g protein, 3g fiber

1 Barlett Pear

Dinner totals

840 cals 25g fat, 51g protein, 85g cholesterol, 20g fiber

Daily total.

- 1923 cals, 43g fat, 119g protein, 85g cholesterol, 170g carbs, 76g fiber

Lulz. For the record, my 95 lb girlfriend eats more than this-though, each to his own.
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    All the veggies on the pizza are great for him. However, OP, I must say that you suck. I wish I could eat like that. I can't; therefore, you suck.
    Hey, if you put enough exercise in for the day, you could probably eat pizza, wedges and coleslaw before bed!
    Don't tell totalsham though if you do, he might implode during a self righteous fit of rage.
    I thought you were going to bed? :yawn:

I'm in bed! Just checking emails, Facebook, MFP and Netflix. You know how it is.

Yeah Serendipity, I always have calories left over for the night. I don't even plan on saving them, I just end up with them left at night. Always been a late eater, whether I'm being nocturnal or not!
  • totalsham
    Options
    But OP missed my point. a whole pie is what 4k-5k sodium? how much cholesterol alone? guessing 150-200. total fat? guessing 60-70g

i dont give a **** about the time... you could eat a better dinner. Thats all im saying

carry on!
    What's the problem with sodium if one doesn't suffer from high blood pressure? What dosage of dietary cholesterol affects body's natural cholesterol? Not blood cholesterol level, but cholesterol that contributes to heart disease?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

i cant see his weight... but from his pic im going to assume he is trying to lose a few pounds, right? also you dont know his bp, his ldl, vldl, trig's or his hdl. As a guy who as a sig that states he is a nutritionist, you do realize that over carb'ing does raise VLDL, which is the dense ones that are known to start and create plaque build up
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    hell i rather 2 slices... a few buds 55's, a large *kitten* mixed tossed salad, with a few garlic knots instead of a whole pie and fries.

Watch out for those *kitten*-mixed tossed salads. They really sneak up on you later.
  • lj8576
    lj8576 Posts: 156
    Options
    I work nights and sometimes my biggest meal is before I go to bed especially if I take an Ambien, forget about it!!!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Just to add, if you think 1325 is a lot, after exercise, I usually have between 2000 - 2200 calories to consume, then I aim to eat back half (usually of my exercise calories.
    When cutting I have 2100 to consume before exercise. :tongue:

Although half a large pan style pepperoni lovers Pizza Hut pizza is a much better choice.
  • _EndGame_
    Options
    The whole meal had 1080 for sodium. I'm assuming that's just over 1 gram? (I'm not a nutritionist, I don't know how this stuff works) but my daily allowance is 2500 on the sodium macro.

Besides, salt is natural, it appears in our oceans. We need it to live, what's so wrong with sodium?

The whole meal had 22 grams of fat - still nowhere near my daily allowance.

Totalsham, I fail to see what your issue is with this ONE meal.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    My only problem with this is that now.....I'm craving pizza, and I'm off to bed in a few minutes.

I'm going to have some weird dreams
  • totalsham
    Options
    The whole meal had 1080 for sodium. I'm assuming that's just over 1 gram? (I'm not a nutritionist, I don't know how this stuff works) but my daily allowance is 2500 on the sodium macro.

Besides, salt is natural, it appears in our oceans. We need it to live, what's so wrong with sodium?

im not knocking you bro. but i looked up on this site this... Generic - New York Style Cheese Pizza thats what im going by.

all im saying is 1g sounds low and yes we need salt... but i know how much canned sauces pack that **** in it. its way more than we need in a few days in a whole pie. I know you think im out to get you on a forum, but im not. just trying to let you know to watch out for some things and make better choices for you.
  • _EndGame_
    Options

im not knocking you bro. but i looked up on this site this... Generic - New York Style Cheese Pizza thats what im going by.

all im saying is 1g sounds low and yes we need salt... but i know how much canned sauces pack that **** in it. its way more than we need in a few days in a whole pie. I know you think im out to get you on a forum, but im not. just trying to let you know to watch out for some things and make better choices for you.

Hey man, I like a bit of forum drama, I like being disagreed with, it gives me other angles to look at stuff - I didn't see it as you was out to get me!

Like I said, it's not often I eat stuff like that, I like fresh food, and eat it majority of the time, it's just occasionally when it's been a long day, I eat something like I did tonight. Usually when I eat before bed, it's fruit, or Greek yogurt and fruit, or oats and fruit, etc, and it's never damaged my weight loss. I don't even hold water weight from sodium, because I stay within my allowance.

Anyway, I'm off to sleep now.

Goodnight/good morning, MFP'ers!
  • totem12
    totem12 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    The only downside of pizza pre-bed is the cheese fuelled dreams.

Yeah, I was gonna say this! No problem eating whatever and whenever, but if that was me I'd definitely have indigestion and some crazy dreams!
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Fail: No meat on pizza.

Win: Can eat an entire pizza without blowing macros. I'm jealous.
  • ekaustin7
    ekaustin7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Weak. No meat on the pizza? Good attempt but try again! :D

I don't eat much meat anymore anyway! The GF is vegetarian, it's easier to NOT eat it, trust me.

So true! I gave up meat for Lent last Spring and never looked back! So much easier to not eat it :)