Why Do People at th Gym never look around?

Options

Replies

• WeightHacker
    WeightHacker Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I only look around, to see what i could learn from another person, and if i dont understand ill ask.

im a nosey person soooo i look around.

but i always get my job done, im always leaving the gym sweaty. <3
  • SilverLotusGirl
    SilverLotusGirl Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I might do a quick scan to see if anyone has any cute shoes or pants so I have some idea for my next gym clothes shopping but I'm there to do my work and not look around. I put my music on and do what I need to do and then I go home.
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I look around, but I don't stare. I can't help it, I'm a people watcher. I probably will always be keeping an eye on others.

I don't care what the gym etiquette is. And I always get it done.

I also don't care if people watch me. I know what I'm doing so people can learn from ***this guy*** right here. :noway:
  • HollieDollieeeex
    HollieDollieeeex Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm like an owl with a rotating head, if I'm not looking at them, I'm checking out their machine / weights and intensity, like to compete me :)
    People watch all you like
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I look around all the time.

I don't stare or make it obvious, but when I'm sitting there resting in between sets I will look and see what others are doing. What else are you meant to do, stare at your toes?
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I noticed that too. I felt like I was the only idiot in the gym one day looking around at everybody as they worked out. Maybe it is a code.....lol.

Lol I've done that too! But I too do not want to be stared at so I wouldn't really look around. I felt like if I caught someone looking at me id instantly get self conscious n quit
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I admit I do like to sneak peak at the weights people are using too. I rarely see someone lifting the same as me though, its usually either a lot less or a lot more. I have secret competitions with people sometimes and they don't know it! :laugh:
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I look around to see if the next equipment I want to use is open and plan accordingly. There's TVs on the walls to help avoid awkwardness. Otherwise I avoid it because I"m not wanting people to think my staring at them or checking them out! Especially as a girl surrounded by guys and you can tell which ones are self absorbed. (actions speak louder then words)

I don't listen to music so its probably more awkward then it should be. I'm too cheap to go get a arm band for my phone, lol
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I HATE being gawked at when I'm at the gym-and it's always by old men in their 70's.

More power to them for being there in the first place, and I can understand wanting to look at attractive women but...I always wonder if becoming a senior citizen means that one just doesn't care about the social rule of not staring at people or is it a sense of entitlement where one feels the right to gawk at girls openly all one wants? :laugh:
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    I HATE being gawked at when I'm at the gym-and it's always by old men in their 70's.

More power to them for being there in the first place, and I can understand wanting to look at attractive women but...I always wonder if becoming a senior citizen means that one just doesn't care about the social rule of not staring at people or is it a sense of entitlement where one feels the right to gawk at girls openly all one wants? :laugh:

wow i never looked at it this way. There is definitely a lot to look forward to when i grow older:love:
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I like to see what others are doing. Obviously not during a set as I'm concentrating but while resting.
  • lolleo
    lolleo Posts: 5
    Options
    Haven't been to the gym in ages but when I do go I tend to sneak a peak to see how other people workout as I dont know what I'm doing half the time. I stay well clear of free weights as would just make a fool of myself :p
  • Jason3589
    Jason3589 Posts: 734
    Options
    Agree with most on here, get in, work out, get sweaty, go home. However l do tend to look between sets, but as l only get 30s between sets, not long. Hey l'm only human!!
  • luceegj
    luceegj Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    A glance! Not learing!!
  • capriqueen
    capriqueen Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    The people at my gym look round.

It's why some of them come to the gym.
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I'm not at the gym to look around, but as a general rule I try to be aware of my surroundings for the sake of my safety and security. This applies to any public place.
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I look - but discretely. I never gawk.
    The last thing I want is to make someone else feel uncomfortable.

But to be honest with you, when I am at the gym, I am usually totally focused on what I am doing and my heart rate.
    kind regards,

Ben
  • magnum26
    magnum26 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I have a good look around when resting, check out all the hot ladies etc. :love:
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Because I'm focused on my own workouts.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Anyone who says they don't check out other people at the gym are lying.