Ideas for slipping my boyfriend more calories

Options

Replies

• peanutbutterrunna
    Options
    I am perplexed by people like this. I used to nag my boyfriend all the time that he doesn't utilize his teenage boy metabolism and question when he claimed he forgot to eat. Like who forgets to eat? God. I wish I wasn't born such a foodie! :laugh:
  • ChiManLifts
    Options
    Lulz. Makes it sound like you're slipping him roofies or something.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Feed him real food or teach him how to take care of himself. It is shameful that he needs someone else to.monitor his food for him.
  • raychulj
    raychulj Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate covered nuts (like macadamia nuts), avocados, saute everything you make in a healthy oil (olive or coconut), bread chicken with crushed macadamia nuts and drizzle with coconut oil then bake, toast with butter and sneak a layer of coconut oil underneath the butter (I do this with my kids).
    mmm that sound delicious!
  • tessi1993
    tessi1993 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    your a doosh.
    Just break up.
  • tessi1993
    tessi1993 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    my boyfriend is pretty similer altho i wouldnt say hes to skinny he has huge *kitten* arms ;) but he lifts alot of heavy stuff.. although he usually does eat, he has just gotten a new job where he doesnt get much time and forgets. lately i have been cooking him separete dinner, you may not want to do that tho lol but i always make sure he gets a big dinner for example last night i cooked fish and fried him a big steak.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    I am totally confused by this whole thing. Are you his girlfriend, or his mother? Is he losing weight to the point that he is sick? Hair falling out? Has a vitamin deficiency? Is his doctor concerned and has him on an eating schedule and high calorie shakes or a feeding tube at home?

Does he not eat to the point of being sick?
    He gets tired, absent minded, indecisive, and sometimes crabby. When he is tired, absent minded, indecisive he is more likely to put off eating. When he becomes crabby that's just no fun for anyone. And in the past (before he was dating me) his doctor was concerned about his low weight.

Then he needs therapy, not someone shoving food into his mouth. You could give him an unhealthy feeling towards food, which he may already have. Stop trying to force feed him and get him some help.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    She's concerned about her other half, jeez people back off :noway:

She ASKED for opinions, and wants to shove candy & other junk down his throat. SOME of us are trying to help her find the right resources for well balanced healthy meals.. so try HELPING her instead of telling those who ARE to back off, M'kay? :grumble:
  • disgruntledone
    disgruntledone Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I agree with a lot of people sounds like a mama to me BUT seems to work well in your relationship so why should it matter to any of us!
    anywho.....I see a lot of "makeover" recipe web sites so how about you guys start cooking together. He can cook the regular recipe9cut in half) and you can cook the made over recipe(cut in half). Not only will both nutritional requirements be met but he just might learn how to cook.
  • disgruntledone
    disgruntledone Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Oh and salads would work great. you can have limited ingredients he can have tons of high cal stuff added to his.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Focus on yourself. Your boyfriend just has one of those irritating metabolisms, eventually he will eat or pass away. Either way, problem solved.
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    My OH is exactly the same. He cycles to work too so he uses more cals. I make him his lunch, not because he expects me too, but because he is flipping useless and if I didnt he wouldnt eat anything... now to some people this might be a thats his tough luck but I'm a nice caring kinda person and I want to make sure he's ok and fed and watered. So I make him a different lunch to me, I'll take a salad with tuna but he will have sandwiches, oat biscuits with cottage cheese, oat cakes with PB was one of his favs until he decided he was getting podgy (which isnt even close to the truth)

I make sure he has bigger portions of dinner too...

Try giving him nuts and dried fruit to snack on instead of the candy.. they're high cal and good fats.
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    My OH is exactly the same. He cycles to work too so he uses more cals. I make him his lunch, not because he expects me too, but because he is flipping useless and if I didnt he wouldnt eat anything... now to some people this might be a thats his tough luck but I'm a nice caring kinda person and I want to make sure he's ok and fed and watered. So I make him a different lunch to me, I'll take a salad with tuna but he will have sandwiches, oat biscuits with cottage cheese, oat cakes with PB was one of his favs until he decided he was getting podgy (which isnt even close to the truth)

Try giving him nuts and dried fruit to snack on instead of the candy.. they're high cal and good fats.

you have to "feed and water" him? is your boyfriend the animal in your profile picture? because he sounds like a pet you have to take care of from this. this is such a weird topic :laugh:
  • mrmagee3
    mrmagee3 Posts: 518 Member
    Options

you have to "feed and water" him? is your boyfriend the animal in your profile picture? because he sounds like a pet you have to take care of from this. this is such a weird topic :laugh:

It's worse when she goes out of town. Then she has to get the neighbors to do it!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    i didnt read this whole thread so sorry if this was already asked, but why doesn't he just cook his own food? Or make his own snacks? Why do you have to be in charge of that? Not trying to be rude, it's just he sounds like he's making you cook everything like you're his mom

I'm a good cook. I enjoy cooking. I cook for my mom when I go to visit her. He is quite willing to cook but breakfast and lunch usually slip his mind and when he cooks dinner I get steak (no veggies or starch to go with it). I guess I could go on an all steak diet with him.....
    I was going to suggest you let him BBQ a beef roast and a chicken, then freeze the extra meat....would make meal prep a little easier. We do this at our house, the meat is so delicious.
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Three things you need to know about my boyfriend:

1) He is one of those people who can eat just about anything and not gain weight

2) He is also one of those people who forgets to eat

3) He is not a very good cook

We live together and I'm currently trying to loose weight. When I make low calorie dinners at home I loose weight but he looses weight too, and he doesn't have much weight to spare. So far I've tried giving him granola bars, nuts, and Naked Juice to take to work with him and I've gone so far as to put a candy dish on his desk at home to try and encourage calorie intake. I realize that's not a terribly healthy way to encourage him.

Does anyone else have any tips or tricks for helping my BF eat more calories without sharing high calorie dinners?

My boyfriend is the same way! He is probably 6'2" 150-160 lbs. He's a skinnie minnie.

I've been trying to fatten him up by cooking him meals, going out to breakfast every friday (our shared day off) and baking him treats like brownies, etc. I know he just forgets to eat most of the time or he will just eat one meal a day.
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options

Your avatar looks just like my little angel Fang RIP.
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Feed him real food or teach him how to take care of himself. It is shameful that he needs someone else to.monitor his food for him.

Right. Just because it's food and seems like it's enough doesn't mean it actually has enough calories/protein/carbs/fats in it.

I believe counting calories for a while to get the feel is the only real way.
  • Sylkwyrm
    Sylkwyrm Posts: 75 Member
    Options

She ASKED for opinions, and wants to shove candy & other junk down his throat. SOME of us are trying to help her find the right resources for well balanced healthy meals.. so try HELPING her instead of telling those who ARE to back off, M'kay? :grumble:

I asked for food options for extra calories. I didn't ask anyone to psychoanalyze me or give me their "expert" opinion on my relationship. (Where do these people come from? Seriously?)

Thank you everyone who gave me food suggestions. I really appreciate it.
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options

I asked for food options for extra calories. I didn't ask anyone to psychoanalyze me or give me their "expert" opinion on my relationship. (Where do these people come from? Seriously?)

Thank you everyone who gave me food suggestions. I really appreciate it.

Specific food suggestions to add in can help, but you're just patching the holes. The best thing is for a person's diet to be sufficient in calories, proteins, carbs, and fats from the start. It may be good to re-evaluate the entire diet in this case. That means counting calories and macros for a while if possible. There really is no other way to know how much of what stuff one is eating. That's why people employ nutritionists. That's the big secret. Without counting to establish a baseline, it's just a shot in the dark. I know because I've been through the same thing your boyfriend is going through. So have a lot of other men. Kudos to you for realizing the reason he's losing is because he isn't getting enough calories. Some people just blame things like this on metabolism. And that's nothing more than a cop-out. It's not the metabolism's fault; it's that the person isn't eating enough calories/macro nutrients. Also micro nutrients too...but that's beyond the scope of this thread.