Just eaten a whole pizza, now I'm off to bed.

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    yep I guess science iws wrongGraveyard workers that eat during times the body should be sleeping have higher sugar levels higher weights hifgher incidents heart disease on and on. They die younfger as well. So chow down!!
    this is utter BS...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Fail: No meat on pizza.

Win: Can eat an entire pizza without blowing macros. I'm jealous.

LOL thinking same thing...if I eat a whole pizza my carb macro will be totally blown out of the water...
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    yep I guess science iws wrongGraveyard workers that eat during times the body should be sleeping have higher sugar levels higher weights hifgher incidents heart disease on and on. They die younfger as well. So chow down!!

Being a shift worker myself, I'm willing to bet that the article has more to do with sleep deprivation than it has to do with food.
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    The only reason I don't eat close to bedtime is because I'll get nasty reflux all night long, epecially after something saucy. That said...it has never made a difference to my weight what time I eat as long as I get my macros and not eat chocolate cake before bed or something....

Dammit....now I want your pizza....
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options

i cant see his weight... but from his pic im going to assume he is trying to lose a few pounds, right? also you dont know his bp, his ldl, vldl, trig's or his hdl. As a guy who as a sig that states he is a nutritionist, you do realize that over carb'ing does raise VLDL, which is the dense ones that are known to start and create plaque build up

Yes, Ninerbuff didn't know any of that - and either do you. You also don't know how that pizza fits his macros.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    But OP missed my point. a whole pie is what 4k-5k sodium? how much cholesterol alone? guessing 150-200. total fat? guessing 60-70g

i dont give a **** about the time... you could eat a better dinner. Thats all im saying

carry on!
    What's the problem with sodium if one doesn't suffer from high blood pressure? What dosage of dietary cholesterol affects body's natural cholesterol? Not blood cholesterol level, but cholesterol that contributes to heart disease?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

i cant see his weight... but from his pic im going to assume he is trying to lose a few pounds, right? also you dont know his bp, his ldl, vldl, trig's or his hdl. As a guy who as a sig that states he is a nutritionist, you do realize that over carb'ing does raise VLDL, which is the dense ones that are known to start and create plaque build up
    Correct I don't, which is why I asked if no high bp issues, then why is high sodium a problem? As to VLDL, I don't believe carbs raise it, but rather triglycerides and it does lower HDL. Overall genetics is going to be the determining factor on how cholesterol affects an individual rather than dietary cholesterol.

IDEA Fitness member
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    kinda sad that the OP and a few in this thread believe that calories is all a person needs to eat for

What about all the macro and micro nutrients his body is starving for that he didnt provide it in a whole ****ing pie that he ate for his daily meal?

****ty way to eat and a ****ty way to live to be dead honest

Oh I'm sorry Dr Watson, I wasn't aware you could see my diary? I thought it was friends only, but lets go over what I had today.

Breakfast - Oats (porridge) with fresh cherries and blueberries

Lunch - Banana, low fat crackers and some cheese spread, with a cheese and onion roll (not logged, but I know it's properties)

Dinner - Thin crust veg and cheese pizza, with 140 G of Caribbean spicy wedges, with some coleslaw

Snacks - banana.

And that's a *****ty way to eat?

Are you Popeye or something?

Please, good sir, show me how champions like yourself eat!

Pre workout and breakfast

Kale shake - 2 cups kale, 2 cups baby spinach, 2 carrots, 1 pear, 4 stalks celery, 1 piece ginger, 1 little thing garlic, 1 cucumber

Totals

- 325 cals, 1 fat, 21g protein, 70g carbs, 22g fiber

Breakfast

6 egg whites – add in as much turmeric and black pepper as you like.

96 cals, 22g protein, 0 cholesterol

1 Barlett Pear

100 cals, 1 protein, 5g fiber

1 Ruby red grapefruit

97 cals, 2 protein, 4 fiber

breakfast totals

293 cals, 25g protein, 0 cholesterol, 9g fiber

Lunch

1.5 cups of homemade vegan split pea soup.

170 cals, 2g fat, 11g protein, 12g fiber

1 Gala Apple

80 cals, 1 protein, 5g fiber

½ cup wonderful pistachios Roasted & NO salt

160 cals, 14g fat. 6g protein, 3g fiber

1 cup of steamed broccoli

55 cals, 1g fat, 4g protein, 5g fiber

lunch totals

465 cals, 17g fat, 22g protein, 25g fiber

Dinner

1.5 cups of homemade vegan split pea soup.

170 cals, 2g fat, 11g protein, 12g fiber

12oz of lightly grilled or baked chicken tenders

460 cals, 22g fat, 36g protein, 85g cholesterol

1 corn on the cob (NO BUTTER)

110 cals, 1g fat, 3g protein, 3g fiber

1 Barlett Pear

100 cals, 1 protein, 5g fiber

Dinner totals

840 cals 25g fat, 51g protein, 85g cholesterol, 20g fiber

Daily total.

- 1923 cals, 43g fat, 119g protein, 85g cholesterol, 170g carbs, 76g fiber

^^^CORN ON THE COBB WITH NO BUTTER?!?! What the hell is wrong with you man!?!?!? :frown: :grumble: :grumble: :frown: :frown:
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I eat about an hour before bed a lot. And it;s not always healthy dinners but I fit it into my calories. Yesterday I woke up at 5:30 like I do during the week, I didn't have dinner until after I worked out around 7:45 PM, I had 2 slices of Little Caesars cheese pizza, a breadstick and a salad with cottage cheese, dressing and turkey bacon bits. Then I went to bed around 9:30. One night I had two hot dogs (Nathan's 97% fat free) one with a bun and hot dog chili, the other cut up in my baked beans and asparagus, ate that around 8:30. I've lost 55lbs so far (I think I'm closer to 57/58 now I weigh in tomorrow) so it's working for me!

ETA: I go over my sodium a lot but it has no effect on me. I'm a nurse, I know what to look for. I'm not edematous or bloated. I drink more than my weight in oz of water a day. My BP today was 102/51, resting pulse 52. From my most recent labs: Chol 151, trig 86, HDL 54, LDL 80, VLDL 17.2, Glucose 81, BUN/CREAT (kidney function) 10/0.6, electrolytes all normal (including sodium at 141), thyroid normal, and liver function normal. Oh yeah, and those were from Oct 2012 when I weighed about 235 lbs and was eating like ***t. I can only imagine what they look like now. :happy:
  • totalsham
    totalsham Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    But OP missed my point. a whole pie is what 4k-5k sodium? how much cholesterol alone? guessing 150-200. total fat? guessing 60-70g

i dont give a **** about the time... you could eat a better dinner. Thats all im saying

carry on!
    What's the problem with sodium if one doesn't suffer from high blood pressure? What dosage of dietary cholesterol affects body's natural cholesterol? Not blood cholesterol level, but cholesterol that contributes to heart disease?

IDEA Fitness member

Correct I don't, which is why I asked if no high bp issues, then why is high sodium a problem? As to VLDL, I don't believe carbs raise it, but rather triglycerides and it does lower HDL. Overall genetics is going to be the determining factor on how cholesterol affects an individual rather than dietary cholesterol.

IDEA Fitness member

as a "nutritionist" you should know wtf youre talking about....

http://www.healthcentral.com/cholesterol/c/7986/108666/carbohydrates/

Carbohydrates enter into this equation because:

1) Carbohydrates increase triglycerides which, in turn, allow more very low-density lipoprotein particles (VLDL)
to be produced by the liver.

2) Triglyceride-rich VLDL interact with LDL particles, making them smaller. The more VLDL, the more small LDL particles. This will be reflected (though incompletely) in higher LDL cholesterol values.

3) Smaller LDL particles are more prone to oxidation--Oxidized LDL particles are more readily taken up by inflammatory white blood cells residing in the artery wall and atherosclerotic plaque.

4) Smaller LDL particles are more prone to glycation--Glycation of LDL is an important phenomenon that makes the LDL particle more atherosclerotic plaque-causing. Glycated LDLs are not recognized by the LDL receptor, causing them to persist in the bloodstream longer than non-glcyated LDL. Glycated LDL is therefore taken up by inflammatory white blood cells in plaque.

please remove your sig til you get a clue....
  • totalsham
    Options
    ]

^^^CORN ON THE COBB WITH NO BUTTER?!?! What the hell is wrong with you man!?!?!? :frown: :grumble: :grumble: :frown: :frown:

i like the taste of corn....
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Even though I'm not a fan of veggies on a pizza and yours had no meat, I won't judge that.

Fail: Not a NY pizza. Come to NYC and I will show you how real pizza taste.

dude,we all now Boston Pizza is superior to NYC pizza...actually, boston is just superior to NYC in every way ...bahahahahahahaha :)
  • potatocar
    potatocar Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    In all honesty, though, you eating a whole pizza before bed adds absolutely nothing to the "eating before bed" debate.
  • totalsham
    Options
    Even though I'm not a fan of veggies on a pizza and yours had no meat, I won't judge that.

dude,we all now Boston Pizza is superior to NYC pizza...actually, boston is just superior to NYC in every way ...bahahahahahahaha :)

27 > 7

oh yea.... and 18 wins and one Giant loss.....
  • JudieJudes
    JudieJudes Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    This happens if you eat late (true story):
    MTUL6.gif

^ :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • JudieJudes
    JudieJudes Posts: 174 Member
    Options

carry on!

IDEA Fitness member

IDEA Fitness member

as a "nutritionist" you should know wtf youre talking about....

http://www.healthcentral.com/cholesterol/c/7986/108666/carbohydrates/

Carbohydrates enter into this equation because:

1) Carbohydrates increase triglycerides which, in turn, allow more very low-density lipoprotein particles (VLDL)
to be produced by the liver.

2) Triglyceride-rich VLDL interact with LDL particles, making them smaller. The more VLDL, the more small LDL particles. This will be reflected (though incompletely) in higher LDL cholesterol values.

3) Smaller LDL particles are more prone to oxidation--Oxidized LDL particles are more readily taken up by inflammatory white blood cells residing in the artery wall and atherosclerotic plaque.

4) Smaller LDL particles are more prone to glycation--Glycation of LDL is an important phenomenon that makes the LDL particle more atherosclerotic plaque-causing. Glycated LDLs are not recognized by the LDL receptor, causing them to persist in the bloodstream longer than non-glcyated LDL. Glycated LDL is therefore taken up by inflammatory white blood cells in plaque.

please remove your sig til you get a clue....

Crumbs ... My brain hurts reading this .... never mind understanding it :huh:
  • strongmindstrongbody
    strongmindstrongbody Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I wonder if genetics is more of a concern regarding cholesterol levels than carbs are. I ate a ****ty, high-carb (200+ grams of SUGAR alone) for over a decade and my cholesterol levels were great throughout (and still are). My husband, on the other hand, lacks a sweet tooth and eats mainly meat, vegetables, and whole grain carbs, yet his cholesterol levels are through the roof.
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options

dude,we all know Boston Pizza is superior to NYC pizza...actually, boston is just superior to NYC in every way ...bahahahahahahaha :)
    QFT :drinker:
  • pamelak5
    pamelak5 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    My brother did that two nights in a row and went to urgent care. Apparently all that cheese got gunked up somewhere and he had some kind of intestinal distension. Didn't make him gain any weight though.
  • TitaniaEcks
    TitaniaEcks Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    your theory holds no water how much extra weight could you have lost by eating when you were going to stay awake..hmmmm.
    This.

I weep for your insulin levels.