Starting insanity. Anyone want to start with me?

Options

Replies

• simply_v316
    simply_v316 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm starting again tomorrow! Three times I've gotten 4 months in and then part way through the "rest" week I just stop. Ugh! It's been about 2 months since I've worked out. Tomorrows going to be rough :)

Wait for me please....

Let's do 8t together and motivate eqch other

Please add me as well. I need all the motivation I can get. :)
  • SadFaerie
    SadFaerie Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I got Insanity today, need to see what all this craze is about. I get easily bored and rarely ever stick with one program, would love to find buddies to motivate me to actually give it at least a month worth a try.
  • SquishyChef
    SquishyChef Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Week 1 day 5 is pure cardio. Is this the workout in DVD #5 - Pure cardio & Abs? I see the calendar seems to differentiate between pure cardio and pure cardio & abs
  • SadFaerie
    SadFaerie Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Just finished my first FitTest. Left sweat angels on the floor...

1- 92, 2- 56, 3- 104, 4- 34, 5- 8, 6- 12, 7- 21, 8- 78

Ok, Shaun, I'm ready for you! Show me what you got!
  • giggalon
    giggalon Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi all, just signed up I am currently on my 2nd week of insanity, have a few questions if anyone can help me I have read about people aching after the first few days and I was the same but now the aches and pains seem to have gone I am hoping it is my body getting used to it :)

So I am male 34yo 5ft 10 weigh around 11st 3lbs, never really done exercise at gym etc.... I have a pretty active job been a sparky wouldn't say I am overweight but have a bit of fat round my gut which is why I thought I would give insanity a try, I have this past week totally changed my diet no crisps, biscuits, choc bars, sweets, although I am not totally sticking to the meals in the nutrition guide I am mixing and matching the recipes to find what works best with my busy lifestyle also I am having a recovery shake which I bought from the local gym.

I will give you a run down of what I had today to see if I anyone can tell me if this is ok,
    7.30am protein shake with skimmed milk blended with two bananas.
    7.30 -11.30 between this time I had two bananas 1 apple, and a go ahead baked fruit bar.
    12.30 wholemeal bread roll with peanut butter topped with banana, and some cottage cheese.
    3pm protein shake blended with two bananas, and a baked go ahead fruit bar.
    5pm nutrigrain raisin bar
    6.15 two slices of toast, with 3 eggs (scrambled) only one yolk.
    8.30pm do my workout
    9.15pm protein shake blended with two bananas, and a rice cake with peanut butter.

So that's it is this any good??? Also drinking around 3 litres of water a day.

And one more thing I am doing the workouts around 8.30 at night is this ok??

I am really loving doing insanity, I just hope I am doing it right I am getting through all the routines but always need to take breaks but I have never sweated so much in my life, and with the pure cardio workout tomorrow (which is a killer) I am sure I will sweat a whole load more ????anyway sorry for the long post hope some one can help.

I think id agree with the other advice given...there's just not enough variety! Plus those nutrigrain/go ahead bars aren't all that great...they have a lot of sugars and added nasties.
    You have no vegetables or meat in your diet....and there is a lot of natural sugars in all the fruit you are eating. Do you not like oily fish, chicken or red meat, pulses, pasta or lentils? Plus eating more vegetables will be a great source of vitamins and minerals and will help keep you 'regular.'

I think you might find you feel sluggish and lack energy eventually if you carry on eating like that.

I work on the go too and its difficult to eat 5 balanced meals in a day but preparation is the key! Cook some chicken for tea and have the remaining for lunch next day with a salad and handful of nuts. A lot of the ideas in the insanity nutrition aren't as bad or difficult as they first may seem.

Hope this helps :)
  • Ajay1979
    Options
    Thanks for the advice I did have a chicken salad today for lunch, and for tea I'm going to have the steak with steamed veggies ????I finish work today and have two weeks off with the kids so I should really be able to eat well over this time and make a plan of my meals. Again thanks for the advice, cardio recovery tonight ????
  • gigi_RN2013
    gigi_RN2013 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    i'm on month 1, day 6 and i feel really sore !!! my sides hurt and my calves burn ... this shi* is bananas, yo ... from the mouth of Shaun T lol
  • smoothandfast
    smoothandfast Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 46 max interval plyo - still is whipping my butt - not getting any easier. I think I am jumping a little higher though and keeping up. I think I lose a pound of sweat each day with these workouts! I never saw sweat all over my floor like I have with Insanity. It is fantastic!
  • clwright75
    Options
    Anyone have some back soreness with insanity? Maybe I did something wrong, but my middle back has been killing me all day! Though, the stretch out after hip hop abs made it feel better! Maybe I need to do some yoga...
  • Ajay1979
    Options
    Just after some advice again..... ???? I am on week 2 and I because I now have two weeks off I am going to change my routine I will be now doing it in the morning at around 6.30am I normally work out at 8.30pm, what I want to know is it better to have something to eat first or just go straight into it ??
    My 2nd question is on Saturday I noticed it is pure cardio and cardio abs is it better to do it straight after or to break it up ??
    Hope someone can help ????
  • lindsienygaard
    lindsienygaard Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Tonight will be day 2 for me. Anyone can add me if they'd like.
  • T0FatToB3S1ck
    T0FatToB3S1ck Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    No, I don't want to die yet...
  • smoothandfast
    Options
    Just after some advice again..... ???? I am on week 2 and I because I now have two weeks off I am going to change my routine I will be now doing it in the morning at around 6.30am I normally work out at 8.30pm, what I want to know is it better to have something to eat first or just go straight into it ??
    My 2nd question is on Saturday I noticed it is pure cardio and cardio abs is it better to do it straight after or to break it up ??

Hello -

What time will you wake up if you are working out at 6:30am? Are you going to get up and work out right away? A lot of people workout first thing in the morning on an empty stomach (but be sure to drink at least 12 oz. water upon waking so your body is hydrated and try to give it 30 minutes to process). I personally do this and have no issues. A lot of people have to eat something first before working out (banana or something light) - give it at least 30-45 minutes to process before working out. See how you feel doing it both ways. I can't eat anything prior because I get nauseous.

You should do cardio abs immediately after doing pure cardio. Cardio abs is only 16 minutes with 2-3 minute warmup.
  • smoothandfast
    Options
    Anyone have some back soreness with insanity? Maybe I did something wrong, but my middle back has been killing me all day! Though, the stretch out after hip hop abs made it feel better! Maybe I need to do some yoga...

You are just starting insanity for the first time, right? How is your core fitness right now? When your core is weak, your back is one of the first area's that takes all the pounding, bending, etc. I don't know if you did anything wrong - it just might be your muscles are sore because they haven't been challenged to perform those exercises before. Be sure to stretch and rest your back - this program will really help you develop your core strength (when your abs are weak your back compensates and tries to help). Yoga is great too.
  • jaz9213
    jaz9213 Posts: 3
    Options
    I did a month early last year and had great results. Stopped for finals week, then summer field research, then senior year yada yada. But I need to get back into fighting shape so I'm starting again tomorrow!
  • Ajay1979
    Options

Hello -

What time will you wake up if you are working out at 6:30am? Are you going to get up and work out right away? A lot of people workout first thing in the morning on an empty stomach (but be sure to drink at least 12 oz. water upon waking so your body is hydrated and try to give it 30 minutes to process). I personally do this and have no issues. A lot of people have to eat something first before working out (banana or something light) - give it at least 30-45 minutes to process before working out. See how you feel doing it both ways. I can't eat anything prior because I get nauseous.

You should do cardio abs immediately after doing pure cardio. Cardio abs is only 16 minutes with 2-3 minute warmup.

Thanks for the advice well I am up at 5.15am and I am going to workout at 6am I will just get some water down me and fuel my body after workout, and il dive straight into cardio abs after pure cardio ????????
  • clwright75
    Options

You are just starting insanity for the first time, right? How is your core fitness right now? When your core is weak, your back is one of the first area's that takes all the pounding, bending, etc. I don't know if you did anything wrong - it just might be your muscles are sore because they haven't been challenged to perform those exercises before. Be sure to stretch and rest your back - this program will really help you develop your core strength (when your abs are weak your back compensates and tries to help). Yoga is great too.

Yes, this is my first time doing Insanity. Thank you for the info! I was really worried I did something wrong. I've never had a really string core I was always skinny "fat" and now I'm trying to get back into shape after my three back-to-back babies so I'm going to venture a guess and say it's non existent at this point! Glad to know it might just mean I'm doing something right :).
  • pumpkinbabes
    Options
    Checking in month one day 12 today. I was afraid to start this program for a long time. It feels so great to have gotten this far. I did 4 sets of barbell curls..3 sets up 25 deep squats with 70 lbs barbell and I definitely can say insanity made that possible. The deep squats seem easier now since insanity has been destroying me with jump squats and power squats lol. Also...hate recovery day! Good luck to you all.
  • smoothandfast
    Options
    Max recovery day - feels good to stretch and push those stretches a little more. I added cardio recovery too - what the heck. I am all stretched out LOL!
  • Ajay1979
    Options
    Did my workout in the morning today for the first time normally it is late evening when I do it, I think I may do cardio abs tonight as I feel great and then I got pure cardio and cardio abs in the morning, week 2 day 6 bring it on ????????