Interesting webpage... (for the ladies)

Options

Replies

• FrankenBeanz
    FrankenBeanz Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    you are 22.5% smaller than you think you are... yikes, and this is using measurements from a few months back.

It says I am a pear, when everything I've seen and been told in the past has me an hour glass... interesting.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Well how about that. I'm an hourglass, though I see myself as an amorphous blob, and a full three sizes or 15% smaller than I guessed.
  • debbie389
    debbie389 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I always knew I was a pear.......

I'm 10% smaller than I thought I was though.....

Thanks for posting.
  • proudjmmom
    proudjmmom Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this, what a wake up call! Goes to show most of us think we are much bigger then we actually are.
  • cranium853
    cranium853 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    FOUR sizes off? I don't know what to think of that.
  • Seesawboomerang
    Seesawboomerang Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I guessed 2.5% smaller than I am, which put me between figure 1 and figure 2. I'm definitely not as thick round the middle as figure 2 so I think I did ok.

Perfect pear, which I knew.
  • krc99080
    krc99080 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I am 12.5% smaller than I think I am which backs up a friend who has been telling me I'm smaller than I realize. I admitted this to her and she was very much I told you so. I think when you've been so large for so long it's more difficult to see yourself skinnier, you expect to see a larger person in the mirror so that's what you see.

I was amused that the website told me I'm a pear though. It mentioned something about my "narrow" shoulders . . . my shoulders are the same width as my hips . . . that's just not one of the measurements it considered.
  • xombiebite
    xombiebite Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I guessed myself 12.5% too big. I honestly still have trouble believing it, though. o:

exact same for me and i dont believe it
  • TiredOfMyself
    TiredOfMyself Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wow, I thought I was an apple! :O 7.5% smaller than I thought I was, :D
  • ppotoch
    ppotoch Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome site. Thank you!
  • sars_68
    sars_68 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I am 15% smaller than I guessed. Very interesting.

I wish they'd go a bit further though and then show what styles/clothes would suit the shape I am the most. I know it tells you what to go for, but I like to actually see things.

Thanks for the heads up though.
  • GamerGirly
    GamerGirly Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I knew that it was going to tell me that I was smaller than I really thought...
    I know mentally it's hard to visualize how we really look verses how we feel we look.

HOWEVER, I did manipulate the measurements a few times...

It stated I was hourglass all 3 times no matter the measurements.

So, sadly the site merely throws out shapes without taking in to account actual measurements.

To be a TRUE hourglass figure.. your hips and chest are the same size within 1 inch AND you waist MUST be at least 9 inches smaller than your hip and chest measurements.

Otherwise.. you're not an hourglass...

Seriously get disgusted with sites like these that tell you false information.
  • traveller7
    traveller7 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I picked the third picture and I'm the first - 10% smaller than i thought. Hourglass shape as I thought though.
    Very interesting how we perceive ourselves!
  • UNLESS19
    UNLESS19 Posts: 118
    Options
    YAY! I'm an hourglass after thinking pear and i'm 30% smaller than i thought! I was 6 pictures off! wowza!
    <3
  • Butterlefcowitz
    Butterlefcowitz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Nope. I was spot on too. Funnily, I was having doubts about my self-perception yesterday when a friend emailed me and mentioned that she wears the same size I do. I had always thought she was at least two sizes bigger than me. I asked another friend which one of us is delusional, and the answer wasn't me.

One of the best ways to get a sense of what you really look like is to make yourself look in the mirror. I avoided that for years, but when I work out with free weights I do it in front of the mirror to keep an eye on my form. If you wear fitted gym clothes you can't help but become aware of what your body shape is really like.

Developing an awareness of my body shape has made clothes shopping a much less frustrating and infinitely more pleasant experience.

That being said, the shape they claim is an hourglass is not really. My hips and bust are exactly the same size, but my waist is not small enough to be an hourglass.
  • pattycakes1978
    pattycakes1978 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Bump for later when I get home and can measure.
  • ReynaBarajas
    ReynaBarajas Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bump! I want to try this at home!
  • julzbennett
    julzbennett Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who was spot on? Makes me feel I have a bit too much confidence...

I think it means you have a realistic body image! You know your strengths and areas to improve and that's awesome!
  • monicabuc1
    monicabuc1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Biffa92
    Biffa92 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    22.5% smaller than my perception, but I knew that I was out with that, as I still feel "fat" in my head. Getting there though.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!