Replies

• Weeyin06
    Weeyin06 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • teaparty75
    teaparty75 Posts: 170
    Options
    i have eaten 1800 calories for most of my journey. I started at 380 pounds and still have 40-50 pounds to go....my current photo was taken about 3 weeks ago....my thighs are horrible as I have a lot of excess skin and dont normally let anyone see them but this is my most recent pic...so before pic is at 380 pounds and current photo at 200 pounds :)

Before pic:

1704image2.png

Current pic:

12050_10151790528976062_1932886738_n1_zps4de30f63.jpg
    very inspiring !!! you ROCK
  • debraelarsen
    Options
    You look wonnderful - congratulations!
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I come from a parent who was always overweight and blamed it on having babies. I had a baby and feared getting fat. I am now thinner than i ever was. My fear of weight gain escalated to an eating disorder. I have always wondered how people let themselves get so far overweight. Like if my pants feel tight i panic! Some people just go buy new pants. Why do people let themselves go so far? I beg that nobody be offended by me. Its just an honest question that i have always wanted to ask.

For me I always was told I needed to finish everything on my plate regardless because of the starving children in *insert country here* and also we didn't have a lot of money so there was going to be no wasted food. Just as you have a negative relationship with food, so do I. We just go in opposite directions. I have honestly never understood how people could starve themselves but I always loved food. Now I'm working on gaining a healthy relationship with food and learning that it is there to fuel my body not feed my indulgences.

Very well said
  • Mjandjt
    Mjandjt Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring...bump for me!! :blushing: :flowerforyou:
  • basedweightloser
    Options
    this is really inspiring - keep it up everyone!! :)
  • hellohappycarla
    hellohappycarla Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    EPIC ACCOMPLISHMENT! You're the man!
  • hellohappycarla
    Options
    Katy Perry, is that you??? You look amazing!!!!
  • hellohappycarla
    Options
    i have eaten 1800 calories for most of my journey. I started at 380 pounds and still have 40-50 pounds to go....my current photo was taken about 3 weeks ago....my thighs are horrible as I have a lot of excess skin and dont normally let anyone see them but this is my most recent pic...so before pic is at 380 pounds and current photo at 200 pounds :)

Before pic:

1704image2.png

Current pic:

12050_10151790528976062_1932886738_n1_zps4de30f63.jpg

EPIC ACCOMPLISHMENT! You're the man!!!!
  • hellohappycarla
    Options
    Before 241
    After 157

I've just hit target, it took 18 months ish :)

Xx

5b100996-9f5c-4cc9-9350-81caa1bf9bdf_zpsd22564ce.jpg

064607aa-eb5e-4409-9336-0cd5b550ebeb_zps6c7ba8d6.jpg

KATY PERRY, Is that you??? You look amazing!!!
  • nica_cova
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm just so motivated by all of you and your success, I to hope to be successful in this journey that i've started oh but many times and never saw it accomplish. I'm going to start taking pictures today of how I am and then in a month upload them to see if there's any change. To be honest the calorie counting has gotten me anxious and I think I'm hungrier than ever, I know it's my mind playing games on me....hay, hay, hay
  • RitsCook48
    Options
    You look amazing! how did you lose so much weight? can you please give me some tips? thanks
  • RitsCook48
    Options
    wow.....you look really really amazing!! congratulations! How did you lose so much weight? please help and give me some tips? did you replace foods or did you take pills? or only reducing food calories?
  • hamminit
    hamminit Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    You have done an awesome job! thanks for being an inspiration for those of us that have so far to go :)
  • carly_jansen
    Options
    BUMP :)
  • hellohappycarla
    Options
    Picture004_zps86f9f956.jpg

In 9 months I have lost 85 pounds and dropped 65 inches. That is at 1500 calories a day, but I eat more if I'm hungry (truly hungry) after a big workout. I have been at this for 38 weeks. That is 266 days. I lost at a rate of 2.25 pounds a week and 1.7 inches a week. I ALMOST didn't post this picture after reading the comment of the girl who doesn't understand how someone could "let themselves go." I don't have a response for that. I just have this picture. This picture... my before picture... is a picture of a girl who stepped up and did something about her weight. I am strong! I am brave! I have my life and weight under control, and I'll show it proudly.

YOU ARE SUCH AN INSPIRATION!
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    x0uyyf.jpg

76 pounds down, around 45 to go.
  • nica_cova
    Options
    I agree, you are so beautiful congratulations!!!
  • nica_cova
    Options
    thank you so much, you're an inspiration.....I want to accomplish this, but sometimes it scares me, I think I'm afraid of being successful and happy because I wouldn't know how to react or how to live it, does that make sense??
  • hellohappycarla
    Options
    No starvation here. :) My tastes have definitely changed (for the better!) so what I love to eat now is different than it used to be. But I do not starve.

Before: I was about a size 20/22 and XXL or 1X.
    After: Now I am a size 8ish and a S/M. I even have one dress that is size 6 that FITS me. (NSV!)

Most of the "befores" were taken in the Summer of 2012. Obviously the afters are quite current. :)

weight+loss2.jpg

weight+loss6.jpg

weight+loss5.jpg

weight+loss1.jpg
    [/quote]

OH MY OH MY!!! Great job!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!