hellohappycarla Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    x0uyyf.jpg

76 pounds down, around 45 to go.

SUPER AWESOME!!!
  • mlynnea03
    mlynnea03 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I come from a parent who was always overweight and blamed it on having babies. I had a baby and feared getting fat. I am now thinner than i ever was. My fear of weight gain escalated to an eating disorder. I have always wondered how people let themselves get so far overweight. Like if my pants feel tight i panic! Some people just go buy new pants. Why do people let themselves go so far? I beg that nobody be offended by me. Its just an honest question that i have always wanted to ask.

Hi, I used to wonder the same thing until it happened to me. People are just different and handle things in different ways. I have always wondered how ppl could starve themselves. Even wished I could at one point if it would have helped me lose something. I still can't explain it for everyone, but with me it was just plain ole laziness, denial, and then procrastination. I never felt that I had gone overboard. Even when my clothes gradually got bigger over the years, I made myself believe that certain styles were cut smaller. It was so funny because sometimes I would hold my clothes and think "Wow and then order a pizza putting off losing weight another day. Pictures and size comparisons really helped me to face that I had indeed gone overboard. Even when knowing this, changing bad habits are always hard at first. After I faced the problem I had to deal with it and that was even harder. Still in the middle of this fight and I will not lose.
  • kazsjourney
    kazsjourney Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    i have eaten 1800 calories for most of my journey. I started at 380 pounds and still have 40-50 pounds to go....my current photo was taken about 3 weeks ago....my thighs are horrible as I have a lot of excess skin and dont normally let anyone see them but this is my most recent pic...so before pic is at 380 pounds and current photo at 200 pounds :)

Before pic:

1704image2.png

Current pic:

12050_10151790528976062_1932886738_n1_zps4de30f63.jpg

EPIC ACCOMPLISHMENT! You're the man!!!!

Well woman but ty lol
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    i have eaten 1800 calories for most of my journey. I started at 380 pounds and still have 40-50 pounds to go....my current photo was taken about 3 weeks ago....my thighs are horrible as I have a lot of excess skin and dont normally let anyone see them but this is my most recent pic...so before pic is at 380 pounds and current photo at 200 pounds :)

Before pic:

1704image2.png

Current pic:

amazing!!! like a different person!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • callandert
    callandert Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wow kazsjourney: INCREDIBLE!!!

This!
  • Janell_Loves_You
    Options

Before pic:

1704image2.png

Current pic:

Amazing !!!! Yay!!
  • VeggieKidMandy
    VeggieKidMandy Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Zumba and Strength Workouts <3 and I dont starve!

2rpg1v4.jpg
    11h6ip3.jpg
  • WitchofWashington
    WitchofWashington Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing. The dark hair really suits you as well.
    Before 241
    After 157

I've just hit target, it took 18 months ish :)

Xx

5b100996-9f5c-4cc9-9350-81caa1bf9bdf_zpsd22564ce.jpg

064607aa-eb5e-4409-9336-0cd5b550ebeb_zps6c7ba8d6.jpg
  • WitchofWashington
    WitchofWashington Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Fabulous fabulous work. You are looking wonderful!
    Zumba and Strength Workouts <3 and I dont starve!

2rpg1v4.jpg
    11h6ip3.jpg
  • urbanmark
    urbanmark Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    bhKp2.gif
  • Imcharmed
    Imcharmed Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Well done to you all, you've done fab. I hope I have as much success as you on my journey.
  • susantrigg18
    Options
    Starting weight 297 pounds
    Current weight 213 pounds
    45 weeks
    46 yrs old
    Still a work in progress, but im in no hurry
    Not as impressive as alot of these inspirational people, and my congratulations to each and every one of you, but im happy with my progress :happy:

2n0dcg.jpg
  • shanreta
    shanreta Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    WOW - you look fantastic! Determination is key to get where you want to be!
  • Dollfun1
    Dollfun1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • linnymex
    Options
    I come from a parent who was always overweight and blamed it on having babies. I had a baby and feared getting fat. I am now thinner than i ever was. My fear of weight gain escalated to an eating disorder. I have always wondered how people let themselves get so far overweight. Like if my pants feel tight i panic! Some people just go buy new pants. Why do people let themselves go so far? I beg that nobody be offended by me. Its just an honest question that i have always wanted to ask.

Really! Sorry you have a eating disorder. Don't you think being over weight is also an eating disorder? Or would you rather hear that we are just lazy and we don't care what we put in your mouths. ~offended

Yeah, equally offended. I was in a serious accident 7 years ago and over the years, due to my lack of ability to exercise and depression about becoming physically disabled, I put on a lot of weight. I didn't keep buying new pants willingly. I was in pain and food, as it has always been, was a comfort for me. Prior to the accident I was a trim and fit 120 pounds and pretty much only muscle. I spent most of my time backpacking with friends, swimming competitively, rowing competitively, and kayaking for more than 20 miles a day when time allowed. You should really think long and hard about your stereotype of people who are overweight. It's not always a life choice.

Also offended. Moved from my home town, and because I didn't have a car, I lost tons of weight. But then a lot of bad things happened, and I turned to food. When I gained alot of weight, I began starving myself. I had such a negative body image of myself, but I would never even think about insulting other people, even inadvertently, because I know what it does to people. All the beautiful people on here who have stepped up to a healthier life (not necessarily a totally skinny one) have worked their arses off. Please think next time.
  • Miffylou
    Miffylou Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Picture004_zps86f9f956.jpg

In 9 months I have lost 85 pounds and dropped 65 inches. That is at 1500 calories a day, but I eat more if I'm hungry (truly hungry) after a big workout. I have been at this for 38 weeks. That is 266 days. I lost at a rate of 2.25 pounds a week and 1.7 inches a week. I ALMOST didn't post this picture after reading the comment of the girl who doesn't understand how someone could "let themselves go." I don't have a response for that. I just have this picture. This picture... my before picture... is a picture of a girl who stepped up and did something about her weight. I am strong! I am brave! I have my life and weight under control, and I'll show it proudly.

YOU ARE SUCH AN INSPIRATION!

Love you attitude. Thanks for posting.:happy:
  • joansteph365
    joansteph365 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • shae68143
    shae68143 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Before 241
    After 157

I've just hit target, it took 18 months ish :)

Xx

5b100996-9f5c-4cc9-9350-81caa1bf9bdf_zpsd22564ce.jpg

064607aa-eb5e-4409-9336-0cd5b550ebeb_zps6c7ba8d6.jpg

Holy moly! You look AMAZING. Such Inspiration. I'm slightly heavier now than your starting weight, but your current is in line with my goal. Thanks for the uplift in knowing I can do this!!!!
  • Amanda21202
    Amanda21202 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    EDIT - My picture is waaaay too large lol trying to fix!

This was a couple of weeks ago, from 159lbs - 136lbs and I'm currently 133.8lbs!

I definitely don't starve, I love fooood!
  • nymorena
    Options
    This by far has been the best motivation I've seen since signing up with MFP less than a week ago! thanks for giving me the motivation and determination to keep on moving on!:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!