I'm so hungry! Please help me!

Options

Replies

• losinggweightt
    Options
    I agree with Sara, OP. Just eat food. Don't be so concerned about "healthy" which seems from your later post to mean a fruit/veggie plate. You'd be hard pressed to eat 1000-1200 calories of fruit/veggies. It would be done, but the volume would be pretty intense.

I did actually make a fruit/veg platter, but with a scrambled egg and then I had some chocolate (and half a sausage left over from last night) soon I have quite a big dinner coming up with my family, so I think it is all ok!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I agree with Sara, OP. Just eat food. Don't be so concerned about "healthy" which seems from your later post to mean a fruit/veggie plate. You'd be hard pressed to eat 1000-1200 calories of fruit/veggies. It would be done, but the volume would be pretty intense.

I did actually make a fruit/veg platter, but with a scrambled egg and then I had some chocolate (and half a sausage left over from last night) soon I have quite a big dinner coming up with my family, so I think it is all ok!

Good deal. When in doubt always eat chocolate. :laugh:
  • lindustum
    lindustum Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    If you've eaten 700something calories today, you are starving yourself to the point where you are violating the Geneva Conventions's rules for how to treat prisoners of war.

:laugh:
  • harphy
    harphy Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Protein shake with skim milk, eggs, tuna, protein bars, mozarella, wholewheat products, oatmeal, fish, dark veggies, nuts of all kind, turkey or chicken breast, cottage cheese...if you are hungry, eat! Didn't mean to be annoying but I think you should eat more than 700 calories. I stick religiously to my 1200 cals, eat all listed above including pizza, burek, dumplings and pork craclings :) and loose weight like a madwoman: almost 8 lbs in 5 weeks and am 5'7'' and currently at 132 lbs. Be careful not to go too low with weight goal. If anybody is interested feel free to add me.
  • littlebee26
    Options
    Just eat food.

THIS!
  • julzbennett
    julzbennett Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4 and my saviour has been ready-to-eat chicken. I reckon anything lean protein makes a great snack, try and get the balance of protein a little higher than the carbohydrates especially after exercise as the protein is needed for muscle recovery. A handful of nuts is also pretty good and my gym instructor said that a handful of nuts and a banana is a good idea BEFORE exercise - the protein in the nuts allows your body to cope better with the sugar in the fruit (which you'll burn off in the workout) and will hopefully stop you feeling too 'depleated' afterwards.

At the end of the day, hunger is your body saying 'I need nutrients'...so if you feel hungry then eat! I ended up skipping dinner last night as a friend came to visit and stayed later then I expected and I am now paying the price and my body is wanting feeding again already (ate at 10am and now its 11.30!) Plan ahead if you're exercising and feed your body well before and after. Also, sometimes when we are dehydrated our bodies express this as 'hunger' so check you're hydrated enough as well :)

Good luck and I'm sure it will even out. If in doubt, I figure the WORST culprits are deep-fried/convenience foods, potato-chips (crisps) and chocolate/sweets and fizzy drinks. If you really have to reach for emergency foods make sure its not these things and you won't do TOO much damage!
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    If you've eaten 700something calories today, you are starving yourself to the point where you are violating the Geneva Conventions's rules for how to treat prisoners of war. Seriously, eat something. Having a thigh gap is not worth hurting yourself.

I am having a whopping 256 cals today. Did that 3 days ago as well.... 500 3 days before that. For some it's called 5:2. Others who are not on it have no need or want to eat so little. Pity.

I thought on 5:2 you were supposed to eat 500 minimum on fasting days for women and around maintenance or more on non-fasting days but I don't do it so maybe wrong.

A maximum of 500 cals for women & 600 for me. Not over that.

Right but the point was you're supposed to make up for the low days by eating at maintenance on your other days, correct?

That's correct. When I started on this it was less about the weight loss and more about the health benefits of Intermittent Fasting. Now the media has got hold of it, it's the new weight loss miracle. *sigh*

As for the OP or back on topic if you like.
    Chicken and bacon salad always helps get my calories up when I'm hungry. That and you can always throw in some nuts and seeds in the salad.
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Food is a good choice...period. With basically at 0 why even worry, under the circumstances it sounds like you are athletic. YOU NEED FOOD!
  • violetlattice
    Options
    Might sound weird, but if I'm trying to up my calories by the end of the day (i.e if I just haven't been hungry, slept a lot and not eaten, over exercised, etc) I find it much easier to drink my calories. Try Super Strength Milk - a normal glass of milk with a couple teaspoons of dried milk powder. Sounds really strange, but it's really good and you can tailor it to hit you daily goal right on the nose. It's really nutritious and pretty tasty, too.
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    oatmeal with brown sugar or peanut butter. i eat around 3400 calories a day, and can barely make it through a cup of oatmeal before i'm full
  • losinggweightt
    Options
    I'm on day 4 and my saviour has been ready-to-eat chicken. I reckon anything lean protein makes a great snack, try and get the balance of protein a little higher than the carbohydrates especially after exercise as the protein is needed for muscle recovery. A handful of nuts is also pretty good and my gym instructor said that a handful of nuts and a banana is a good idea BEFORE exercise - the protein in the nuts allows your body to cope better with the sugar in the fruit (which you'll burn off in the workout) and will hopefully stop you feeling too 'depleated' afterwards.

At the end of the day, hunger is your body saying 'I need nutrients'...so if you feel hungry then eat! I ended up skipping dinner last night as a friend came to visit and stayed later then I expected and I am now paying the price and my body is wanting feeding again already (ate at 10am and now its 11.30!) Plan ahead if you're exercising and feed your body well before and after. Also, sometimes when we are dehydrated our bodies express this as 'hunger' so check you're hydrated enough as well :)

wow, thanks for this! I'm going for a run tomorrow so I will try a banana and some almonds or something beforehand! This really gave me a lot of info, thanks again, goodluck to you!

Good luck and I'm sure it will even out. If in doubt, I figure the WORST culprits are deep-fried/convenience foods, potato-chips (crisps) and chocolate/sweets and fizzy drinks. If you really have to reach for emergency foods make sure its not these things and you won't do TOO much damage!
  • losinggweightt
    Options
    oatmeal with brown sugar or peanut butter. i eat around 3400 calories a day, and can barely make it through a cup of oatmeal before i'm full

yes! This is what I have for breakfast :)
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I have eaten 739 cals today, but have a net of 15. (yes, fifteen) I am so hungry! But I don't want to make the wrong choice by binging on all unhealthy food, because of course, that is what I am craving. So does anyone have any healthy recipe ideas? Thankyou so much! :flowerforyou:

You have net 15 calories and are surprised you are hungry.

Then want a "healthy" recipe, which I am interpreting to be a low calorie option.

At least your torso looks nice...

...for now.

OP has made it clear the pic isn't 'her'. As for the rest, what could possibly go wrong with not eating and looking for a healthy 0 cal alternative.
  • Dodge1987
    Dodge1987 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It sounds to me like that is an awfully low calorie goal. I recommend increasing your calorie goal and losing weight more slowly so that you are more likely to maintain your losses.

This is the most sensible advice in this entire thread... honestly folks, there's a difference between eating at a deficit and just starving yourself. Most women shouldn't be eating under 1200 calories a day, ever. Fasting diets work by balancing this out across a week but it often equates to 1200+ a day on average. If you lose weight too fast and too drastically, rather than at a steady rate which you can maintain IN THE LONG TERM, then you are statistically likely to gain back 150% of what you lose. Aim for healthy habits in the long-term and a slow reduction in calories, and you'll be more likely to lose the weight and keep it off. If it feels like torture, it ain't right and it ain't sustainable.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    if your desperate with no cals left then RAW veggies fill you up a lot more than cooked! :bigsmile:
  • zornig
    zornig Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    It's amazing to me how judgmental all of these responses are. The OP has clearly said she is hungry and wants to eat. What she's asking for is recommendations of things that will be nutritious and not lead her to binge on junk food! That is a perfectly legitimate question, especially from a 19 year old, and it boggles my mind how many people have responded to her post as though it were nothing more than an opportunity to be holier than thou.

OP, here are things I like to eat post-exercise that are relatively quick and easy to manage:
    --greek yogurt with fresh or frozen fruit and half a serving of Kashi Go Lean crunch cereal (also good as a smoothie)
    --2 tbsp peanut butter on whole grain bread
    --low sodium sliced turkey breast with mustard and a slice of reduced fat cheese on a sandwich thin or rolled up with some avocado and other veggies in a Flat Out wrap
    --a Clif's Builder's Bar, either chocolate mint or peanut butter chocolate
    --pita chips and hummus with some grape tomatoes, radishes, and sliced cucumbers

If you are eating immediately after a hard workout, you want to make sure to have both carb and protein in your snack. Post-exercise is an especially good time to take in some sugar for the day. Lots of people drink chocolate milk as a recovery for exactly this reason. So if you have a lot of calories to eat after a hard workout, take the opportunity to eat ice cream/frozen yogurt if that's something you like.
  • losinggweightt
    Options
    It's amazing to me how judgmental all of these responses are. The OP has clearly said she is hungry and wants to eat. What she's asking for is recommendations of things that will be nutritious and not lead her to binge on junk food! That is a perfectly legitimate question, especially from a 19 year old, and it boggles my mind how many people have responded to her post as though it were nothing more than an opportunity to be holier than thou.

OP, here are things I like to eat post-exercise that are relatively quick and easy to manage:
    --greek yogurt with fresh or frozen fruit and half a serving of Kashi Go Lean crunch cereal (also good as a smoothie)
    --2 tbsp peanut butter on whole grain bread
    --low sodium sliced turkey breast with mustard and a slice of reduced fat cheese on a sandwich thin or rolled up with some avocado and other veggies in a Flat Out wrap
    --a Clif's Builder's Bar, either chocolate mint or peanut butter chocolate
    --pita chips and hummus with some grape tomatoes, radishes, and sliced cucumbers

If you are eating immediately after a hard workout, you want to make sure to have both carb and protein in your snack. Post-exercise is an especially good time to take in some sugar for the day. Lots of people drink chocolate milk as a recovery for exactly this reason. So if you have a lot of calories to eat after a hard workout, take the opportunity to eat ice cream/frozen yogurt if that's something you like.

ah thankyou! People have been taing this a bit far, I was just asking for some recipe ideas not a bunch of critisism so yes thankyou a lot for these and your tips! :)
  • losinggweightt
    Options
    http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/collections/groups/healthy+recipes

I use that site when i'm out of meal ideas and they really have just about everything you can think of =)

As well as if I've been good and want a little snack I go for almonds and sultanas mixed. High in Cals but very good for you and tasty =D. I also bought some organic peanut butter and its sooooooooo good with celery!!!!!!

Also ignore any rude comments... though most of them I think people were just worried about you as people often jump to conclusions. It's good to seem them caring though I guess. That's how I took most of them :)

Hopefully you find some tasty healthy treats! Goodluck!

thankyou! I'll check it out!
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I think a really great snack ( especially in the evenings) would be 1/4 - 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds. And I like to sprinkle a bit of dark brown sugar on top of it.
  • QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Your goal is to low for your height. Eat more and quit trying to lose.