Funniest thing you have seen someone logged

Options
I recently added a post that got a few people angry about overestimating calorie burns and underestimating general food intake. One person posted that someone logged smoking a cigarette, 20 calories burnt. I want to now what other things have you seen people log that have made you laugh.

Replies

• Weeyin06
    Weeyin06 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I havent seen anything funny yet but I have to say logging smoking a cigarette! Thats hilarious!! Before you know it people will be logging how many calories to chew their food!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I once saw someone log 2 minutes of food preparation. I think their burn was 5 calories.
  • la8ydi
    la8ydi Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    "so and so has burned 0 calories by playing on MFP instead of going to the gym." ;-)
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to choose between "tossing the salad" or "horizontal mambo" for cardio...

And then I've seen "sperm" "man cream" and "love juice" in the food sections...

...maybe those are more weird than funny though. :laugh:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Cooking breakfast and/or brushing teeth.
  • FarAway02
    FarAway02 Posts: 211
    Options
    I see people logging things like '50 mins of park with my kids' ....like strolling at a toddler's speed from the slide to the swings counts as a work out.

If you have kids/not a desk job then you will be on your feet more and thus will be burning more calories...just include in your activity level. I just put my calories at 1600 rather than putting them at 1200 and then feeling the need to log every time I carry the baby upstairs or pick up the buggy from the car boot :p

I've also seen people logging things like cleaning the sink/bath, clothes shopping etc.
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    "so and so has burned 0 calories by playing on MFP instead of going to the gym." ;-)

^^^^Winner^^^^^
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Eating baby seals..
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Turbo *kitten*.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I once saw someone log 2 minutes of food preparation. I think their burn was 5 calories.

stuff like this

and LMAO at cigarette log and turbo *kitten*
  • PunkinSpice79
    PunkinSpice79 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to choose between "tossing the salad" or "horizontal mambo" for cardio...

ahahaha! Shoot! I almost spit my drink out. That is too funny!!! :laugh:
  • Tiffa0909
    Tiffa0909 Posts: 191 Member
    Options

Had to search it on the database , "Sperm - White Gloupy Consistency"' . Apparently one tea spoon is 10 calories and it comes in a container of 3 tea spoon.

I guess some people really take serious the logging everything they put in their mouth.
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options

Had to search it on the database , "Sperm - White Gloupy Consistency"' . Apparently one tea spoon is 10 calories and it comes in a container of 3 tea spoon.

I guess some people really take serious the logging everything they put in their mouth.

:laugh: smh
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options

It changes based on consistency???? I should probably alert my friend list about this... Hrm... :laugh:
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I recently added a post that got a few people angry about overestimating calorie burns and underestimating general food intake. One person posted that someone logged smoking a cigarette, 20 calories burnt. I want to now what other things have you seen people log that have made you laugh.

Yeah, I imagine if it's something you do everyday, like smoke or prep your food, you shouldn't count it. A certain amount of calories expended doing these types of tasks is already included by default when you choose you "daily activity level" in your profile. A person who logs little things like this will end up defeating their own efforts.

That said, the people on here getting their shorts in a knot over other peoples' logs need to mind their own. I have seen some truly snotty, self-righteous people on these boards, and (last time I checked) condescension never helped anyone lose any weight.

;)
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    Options

It changes based on consistency???? I should probably alert my friend list about this... Hrm... :laugh:

Oh my freaking word!!! Sperm??? People log SPERM???
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I see people logging things like '50 mins of park with my kids' ....like strolling at a toddler's speed from the slide to the swings counts as a work out.

Having gone to the park with my five year old niece, I could see someone logging that. Because it's not just casually walking between swings. It's running around the park, pushing her on every imaginable piece of equipment, it's climbing up all of the various climbing apparatuses available, it's lifting and lowering her on the teeter totter because she's too light to do it herself (did you know those things are also tightened/leaf-springed these days? I have no idea how little kids can move those things!), and all other kinds of assorted activities.

While I don't personally log it, since I only log actual workouts, someone who doesn't workout at all could probably log something like that. I come back from our outings at the park sweaty and worn the heck out.
  • MorningWhispers
    Options
    I've seen playing guitar and mowing grass on a riding lawn mower. Not anywhere near as strange as some of the ones you guys are posting.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Drying hair, showering and leg shaving. Same person, obviously spends a lot of time on vigorous grooming techniques.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I've seen brushing teeth multiple times actually. Though I normally delete those folks pretty quick.