Replies

• Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    bump to try
  • baseballbobbi
    baseballbobbi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I HATE (underline, bold, star, hash-mark) drinking water...I was skeptical. I LOVE (do all that mark-up stuff) this water...thank you so much for sharing and making my life a little better...150 lbs to lose...and 20 down so far. I can't imagine what adding my full water requirement will do to speed up my weight loss...
  • Teresagreb
    Teresagreb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Along with another previous poster, my throat has been a tad sore and dry after drinking this. But, what I'm doing is placing half a Fuji apple, sliced, along with a cinnamon stick in my 24 oz. water bottles. Maybe I'm making it too strong? Either way, I love the taste and I have drank more water with these ingredients included. I could also have seasonal allergies.

I just started drinking this a week ago and have been everyday. I feel like I get a little burst of energy in the beginning. Probably the apple juice. :)
  • myana1
    myana1 Posts: 27
    Options
    Going to give this a try. I usually just put lemon in my water, but I'm looking to try new things since starting MFP. Thanks for the recipe.
  • Gmansmommie
    Gmansmommie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    While browsing pinterest - pinaddict - one day I stumbled upon a pin that was described as a Detox Spa Water so I decided I'd give it a try!

Core two small apples, whichever kind you prefer, and slice them up and put them into a 2L jug with two cinnamon sticks. Fill the jug halfway with ice and then fill the rest with water. (I like to leave mine in the fridge over night so the flavor circulates longer).

To my surprise, it was delicious, it tastes a bit like apple pie but ZERO calories! (Unless you eat the apple from the bottom afterwards ;))

I've been drinking it the past week and I've felt a huge change in my body. Apple and Cinnamon are well known to heighten your metabolism.

For all you who are not a fan of drinking water, try this! It's a healthy, natural, sugar free way to add flavor to your water.

(I've also tried boiling the apple and cinnamon before putting it in my jug, it really releases the flavor more!)
  • Gmansmommie
    Gmansmommie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I saw this and have wanted to try this..... Now after reading your post, I'm going do it today:)
  • aquasw16
    aquasw16 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Awesome, ill give it a shot
  • vrpenson
    vrpenson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been a lemon water drinker but this sounds like a much better alternative. Giving it a try! Thanks.
  • gofurfan9395
    Options
    WOW that sounds great! Thank you for sharing that... Is the full recipe on this pinterest?
  • Nalgh94
    Nalgh94 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing! will have to give this a try
  • aprueitt
    aprueitt Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    bump
  • leylaluck
    leylaluck Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I also found this on pinterest; I was wondering if anyone else had tried it. Thanks for sharing
  • nickijo2003
    nickijo2003 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    just made a big jug full:-)
  • hmlfeathers
    Options
    Bump
  • Danielle0227
    Danielle0227 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Bump :-)
  • AdrianasMombieED
    AdrianasMombieED Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing!!(:
  • Hollywoodm55
    Hollywoodm55 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'll have to try. Thanks.
  • Sebidian
    Sebidian Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mrsschmitty722
    mrsschmitty722 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Made a pitcher of this last night. I used 1 large Granny Smith Apple, that I thinly sliced on my slicer, and broke 1 Cinn stick in half, I just filled the pitcher all the way up with water and didn't add any ice, since I was steeping it overnight anyway.
    I'm on the 2nd glass, it's actually pretty good, a nice change from the plan Ol' Water.
  • Danielle0227
    Danielle0227 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Bump