Bad things that have happened since I starting losing weight

Options

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    This past weekend was tax free for back to school. I figured I'd pick up some new jeans. Wrong. I found 2 pair of jeans in my current size. One was low rise, which I hate. One was 2 inches too long and bell bottomed.

I decided to try some jr sizes- hate the styles!

UGH, all I want is a nice new pair of jeans!

Where does an almost 50 year old find a good pair of size 4's?
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I had to wear a belt today. I hate belts.
  • annacham
    annacham Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Wow, I love this thread. Can't wait until I am suffering with all these problems...:)
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Having young men check me out, then realizing I am old enough to be their mom. I can see the mental disturbance in their eyes. Cracks me up. Or having old men check me out, like I'm some sort of geriatric trophy gal. The last one is disturbing in a pervy way.
  • watercolorarteest
    watercolorarteest Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    What a FABULOUS thread! LOL! I'm overweight and already known as a "Popsicle princess" by my hubby... so I can't imagine how cold I'll get as I lose more weight. I guess it's a good thing I LOVE flannel pajamas and wool socks in winter! Also, I'm not looking forward to a shrinking bust line... mine's small enough already. I can't really afford to lose much more THERE. I look forward to validating my own list when I am closer to goal. Thanks for sharing everyone! Loved reading these! :)
  • lisaposthumusharper
    Options
    I LOVE IT!! You have totally cheered me up today.:smile:
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    When I lay on my side with my legs on top of each other, my knees start to hurt because there is much less fat padding the bones.. Weird, I know..

This is exactly my thing too! I try to put my hands between my legs to prop them up, but it's not enough. I may have to get a pillow.
  • ihammen
    ihammen Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Can't sleep with my knees touching anymore, it hurts, not enough padding.
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I thought of a few more.

Have to go to the market every three days, due to all the fresh food I buy.

I'm cold

My kids are proud, but more than a little weirded out by how different mom looks.

Embarrassed by the comments people make that have not seen me in a long time. Positive remarks for sure, but still embarrassing.
  • melham
    melham Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what size I wear and this really seems to annoy sales people at clothing stores. One more reason to hate shopping for clothes!

[edited because I can't spell]
  • A_Warrior_Princess
    A_Warrior_Princess Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Love it chezjuan!!! Let's see, bad things that have happened to me

1. Had to invest in Hefty garbage bags for all of the clothes that don't fit anymore. Of course, the local Goodwill is loving me...
    2. Not keeping local convenience store in business anymore with my multiple stops for pop and candy.
    3. Don't get to smell like smoke and now I have to get used to the real taste of food.
    4. Farmer's market is tired of seeing me multiple times per week.
    5. My dentist wants to be my new friend, ugh!
    6. I know where the kitchen is and worse I even know how to cook stuff in it.
    7. My hubby wants to do bow chicka bow-wow ALL the time and I now have the energy so no more excuses about being too tired!
  • USMCnetty90
    USMCnetty90 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I love this threa. So let's see...

5. I forgot that I am a useless loser and believed enough in myself to apply to law school (and get accepted!)

he he he :flowerforyou:

CONGRATULATIONS THATS AWESOME
  • sandra80
    sandra80 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I'm cold ALL the time! Winter was almost unbearable for me because I was so cold. I guess having 92 extra pounds really makes you hot!

Also, this isn't a bad thing but surprising...when people hug me they feel closer! It was weird trying to adapt to the closeness of a hug.

i am ALWAYS freezing. my electric bill has gone down since i can't stand the AC on as much lol
  • RunningForeverMama
    RunningForeverMama Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Having my creepy BIL tell me I can stop looking so hot because he's already taken. ~shudder~
  • sabrafox
    sabrafox Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    - I'm not getting as much rest at night because my husband wants to spend "quality time" with me ;)
    - I don't get to eat out as much because I've already got healthy food planned for, purchased, and prepared waiting at home for me.
    - I've got even more friends because I'm a regular at Zumba.
    - My favorite almost fell off me in class last week so I had to go shopping.

My life is so hard.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,369 Member
    Options
    Yes, I hardly ever get to eat out now. BOO HOO! I used to love eating out, especially in high end places with 10 courses. Haven't done that in AGES!:sad: :sad: :ohwell: Instead I have to spend my time in the kitchen cooking completely delicious, healthy food.:tongue:
  • JudieJudes
    JudieJudes Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    :wink:

While getting in shape is great, it's not without it's downside. With tongue planted firmly in cheek, I present my list of the top "bad" things that have happened since I began getting fit:

1. I need to buy a new wardrobe - my clothes are too big!
    2. I'm an introvert, and am embarrassed by the compliments I receive regarding how my appearance has changed.
    3. Exercise has made my "bum knee" stronger so I can't use it to get out of heavy labor any more.
    4. My stamina has increased, so when my daughter wants to play, I can't use the "daddy's too tired" excuse any more.
    5. I am no longer too heavy for my household ladder's rating, so I have to get to all those high up chores now.
    6. I have more energy, so I don't get to sleep in as much (I wake up early and full of energy...)
    7. I'm hurting the economy because I use less soap when I shower.
    8. #7 again, but this time because I no longer need BP meds.
    9. I need to get my wedding ring re-sized so it won't fall off my finger.
    10. When I catch my reflection out of the corner of my eye, I have no idea who it is.

What are some of the "bad" things that you've noticed?

Great post :happy:
  • ChristineinMA
    ChristineinMA Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    So funny. I hope bad things happen to me as a result of losing weight! :)
    Agreed!!!
  • jobezer0
    jobezer0 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Trying to think of one that no one has said was difficult. I think the biggest issue is that people I have known my whole life don't recognize me anymore. I will bump into someone I haven't seen in a while, and they have no idea who I am until they hear me speak.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options

2. I'm an introvert, and am embarrassed by the compliments I receive regarding how my appearance has changed.

There are days where I'd much rather be fat and ignored than noticed. Seriously. I do not love the being noticed and complimented part.

Apparently I am a freak of a woman.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!