Want a body like Jessica Biel?

Options
Good article for what it really takes to get your hot celebrity "toned" body... and some big ol' truth bombs:

http://jasonferruggia.com/how-to-get-a-body-like-jessica-biel/

Replies

• wannabeadancer27
    Options
    I can understand everything he's saying, but I'm still scared to lift. As a female who is 5 foot 9, the idea of doing something that might challenge my femininity is a real mental block.
  • LibbyCaramia
    LibbyCaramia Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    That was really great stuff. Bookmarked so I can read it again and again. Thanks for the link!
  • SpleenThief
    SpleenThief Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Yes, but my wife won't let me have one.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I have a body like Jessica Biel's. I keep it in the fridge, but it's starting to smell.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    I have a body like Jessica Biel's. I keep it in the fridge, but it's starting to smell.

lol-black-and-white-Favim.com-465238_large.gif
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I can understand everything he's saying, but I'm still scared to lift. As a female who is 5 foot 9, the idea of doing something that might challenge my femininity is a real mental block.

It won't challenge your femininity at all. It will make you look more feminine.

I had the same mental block at first. I'm not tall, but I'm pretty much boobless. I wasn't afraid gaining muscle would make me look like a man... I thought it would make me look like a little boy. But instead, it nipped in my waist, helped my shoulders balance out my hips, and lifted my tushie. I'm curvier now.

side-view_zpsf4fd8998.jpg
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

WHAT????

I'm a belly dancer... like- actually a belly dancer not the "I took a couple of classes and I like shaking my chit" variety.

I perform at a restaurant and at local shows yearly and I train several hours a week. plus the 4 hours or so of class a week I attend.

I just dead lifted 245 lbs yesterday and did 5 sets of some weird pull up variety- like honest to god pull ups.... trust me- my lifting doesn't affect my femininity. (I'm 5'8" by the way and a solid 160)

You're femininity has nothing to do with how much weight you move- it's part of who you are as a person- I can dress in ragged jeans and an over sized shirt and still be feminine. You're doing it wrong if you think your physical appearance is 100% tied to who you are as a woman.

You should lift- it will do wonders for your body. Seriously. That **** doesn't happen over night- cutting super cut and ripped takes HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS... weeks and weeks- months and months. I've been trying very VERY hard for the last 6 months to get cut up- and I'm making slow progress- but it's not there yet- I still very much look like a woman.

You must eat at a calorie suprlus PLUS lift aggressively/train consistently for months to get like that. It doesn't happen over night- I promise you... you don't "bulk by accident". it's just not possible.
  • weese17
    weese17 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I feel like this is a good companion piece to the original article.

http://bretcontreras.com/how-to-attain-a-slender-look-like-jessica-alba-zoe-saldana/
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

I'm also 5'9". First, that's not really that tall. 6' plus is tall. 5'9" is just above average. Second lifting doesn't challenge femininity unless you have a weird 1950s definition of it. Pretty sure it's not unfeminine to be strong and awesome. I am still very "curvy" (as that is my natural shape but being naturally uncurvy is also feminine). Why is strong and healthy manly? Are we supposed to be weak and frail?
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options

:huh:
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I was pretty shocked that my bench/bar/plates had a warning label. It read "use of this product might make a woman grow a penis"

:noway:
    <---- female, who lifts, no penis.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I recently started with the Stronglifts 5x5 program, and while I'm not progressing with the weights as fast as the program suggests, feeling HOT .. and strong!! hahah

If my *kitten* could look half as good as Jessica Biel's, I will be ecstatic!

I've certainly not challenged my femininity (although I may have challenged my husband's masculinity... lol)
  • lorigem
    lorigem Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Great article! Sharing it with my friends - who seem to think only Cardio will get them a body like that. If they only knew....
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

:huh:

^This. And again for good measure :huh:

As long as you are keeping your calorie intake at maintenance or a deficit, you won't bulk up. Nothing has ever had as great an impact on my aesthetic as lifting heavy. Things are smoother, shape is better and I've lost inches. I can assure you that I'm still very feminine.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options

http://bretcontreras.com/how-to-attain-a-slender-look-like-jessica-alba-zoe-saldana/

Great follow-up!!

I'm pretty disappointed with Mila Kunis .. she's pretty hot, but has no bum!!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options

Wow just what MFP needs, an entire article on how to obtain Zoe Saldana's underweight BMI of 18 (according to this exact article) :noway:
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    That was awesome! I have started on a squat challenge for the second time. This time I am using 15# ea. dumbbells. Today I do 60 :) I have learned so much good info here. I love MFP :smooched:
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

Sorry...this is garbage.

Jessica Alba is a horrible role model for fitness. She is known to struggle with her eating disorder and has admitted to going to the gym for hours upon hours (exercise bulimia) before she had her first child. While I don't wish her any ill whatsoever, I don't think she is a good representative of what's healthy. She certainly should never be compared to Jessica Biel who has long focused on her fitness and has never subscribed to Hollywood's standard of skinny beauty.
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options

Now this is just crazy talk. I am the same height as you, I lift 5x/week and I have not had any challenges with my femininity (my potty mouth does that more than my body shape). It has done amazing things for my self-confidence, not to mention the relationship I have with my boyfriend (we lift together on the weekends, and he LOVES the way I look :wink: ).
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options

What does height have to do with it?