Facebook....Yea or Nay????

Options
I am not bashing it. I 100% understand how Facebook can serve as a useful aid to keep in contact with your peeps, but........I don't even have a Facebook and I'm 100% thankful for that for a number of reasons. I'm really curious if there is anyone else out there who is a NON Facebooker.

Replies

• 2credneck208
    2credneck208 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I'm not allowed. :( sad panda
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Nay!!! and Im not going back!! lol!! I feel free without it and without all the negative comments and judging and endless pointless dumb games!!! I especially dislike the games and the messages, your friend needs help getting to the next level, will you help..uh NOOOO..Im busy living real life!!! :grumble:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I've streamlined it. I don't get game requests and stupid stuff like that. Just nice to be able to check in on peeps and see what's up. More for family though.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I have FB to keep in touch with family & friends back east...but for the most part, and I've said this before, MFP is my FB Witness Protection Program :bigsmile:
  • SwitzEngine
    SwitzEngine Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    I don't have FB. I stay in contact with skype

Anyway, who needs FB when you have MFP :wink:
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I have it, and it has not used all that much for the most part, but I have been a little active on it recently. There are some good stories that come into my feed from interest related pages.
  • summerof1979
    summerof1979 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have zero drama in my life, facebook doesn't change that.
  • chaimcoon
    chaimcoon Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I tend to FB several times a day, but mostly looking for funny pics and memes. Also have a little YouTube channel I run as a hobby
  • Mr_Competitive
    Options
    nay, this is my only social media (apart from adults Facebook... Linked in:)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Hell no... Hubby's family became psychotic on it, I deactivated and never looked back. :laugh:
  • chadderack
    Options
    FB is for attention *kitten* and the white knights, and others who want to feed the attention *kitten*.
  • ostrichagain
    ostrichagain Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I have never joined. I've never regretted that. My family and friends like to complain about being "addicted" and how inconvenient it is to have to call or email me.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Twitter>*
  • candifeola
    candifeola Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I love my fb...I use it mostly for pictures though lol
  • BeardedMike
    BeardedMike Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Twitter mainly as a news portal. I get all my great news / fitness / science / (insert other interesting topic here) articles through it. I keep Facebook to just to see pictures of my family but even that has recently become pointless for utterly stupid reasons. I barely use it these days. I haven't spoken to 95% of my 'friends' on there in years, therefore... not friends, just people I used to know.
  • britttttx3
    britttttx3 Posts: 458
    Options
    Kinda over it. Too much negativity, mfp is better.(:
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I loved Facebook and was on it all the time as an undergrad in college, but once I hit grad school, that changed dramatically. I went from checking it 3-4 times a day to 2-3 times a month. I like mfp better than fb , and I think Twitter is silly (at least for now, until someone proves me wrong).

When I feel like being nosy, I'll go on fb, but that's about it.
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    I'm not allowed. :( sad panda

Not allowed????:huh:
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Nay!!! and Im not going back!! lol!! I feel free without it and without all the negative comments and judging and endless pointless dumb games!!! I especially dislike the games and the messages, your friend needs help getting to the next level, will you help..uh NOOOO..Im busy living real life!!! :grumble:

I feel the same way!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Nay!!! Never had it, and I never will. Don't need or care to reconnect or find anybody. My life is full already, and I have e-mail, telephone, and Skype to keep in touch with friends and family.

I spend enough (and too much) time in this database, I don't need anymore drama or time consuming activity (my own fault), in my life.