lets discuss that friend who eats whatever they want..

Options

Replies

• infamousdrew76
    infamousdrew76 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I was that guy once, who everyone thought I could eat whatever I wanted and not gain! In fact, I ate my *kitten* off to try to gain, as I was a pretty scrawny in my younger years! What I've learned, is that yeah, I ate my *kitten* off, but I was so active, that it didnt' matter!

There is no such thing as eat what you want and not gain, unless what you want is less than you burn! If an active person eats excessively, and slows down, it will catch up with them!
  • cheeky0122
    cheeky0122 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I wrestled that tall skinny kid once. He was a ginger and he had ginger strength and wound up kicking my *kitten*. :sad:

You have to watch out for us gingers and our ginger strength.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Even though I used to be 40% body fat, I have apparently become "that friend" to a number of people. I post pictures of my Pop-tart ice cream sandwiches, pretzel double cheeseburgers, and waffle chicken tenders to Facebook all the time.

People also notice on FB that I'm lean and in great shape. Many of them have apparently decided I can "eat whatever I want" and stay thin. Go figure. I even have FB friends that are working hard and losing weight but are still convinced that bowl of ice cream will make them fat, even if they have 1000 calories left before they hit that day's calorie goal.

Moral of the story: "that friend" doesn't exist.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    My roommate gets home and eats full bags of goldfish in one sitting while watching tv on the couch. She couldn't weigh more than 120 - size 4, petite thing she is. However, in five, maybe ten years, those goldfish are going to catch up with her and she's actually going to have to get moving to stay her current size.
  • mommabenefield
    mommabenefield Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m1bee4hk3K1rrnm3uo1_500.gif
    gt+Implying+I+wish+to+ridicule+her+gt+Implying+I+_98110c5a675aba0149440d632a4782fc.gif

thats all

ETA: I dont really hate these girls but i am envious.... they can hoover anything, all of little to no nutritional value and stay stick thin .... *sigh*
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I had a friend who thought I was that friend. But she failed to see that I didn't always eat everything on my plate. And she knew I worked out but I don't think she wanted to accept that part. She wanted the miracle cure.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Monday night was the first time ever that I've been that friend. 4 of us went for steak, and I polished off all the leftovers. I'm the thinnest of the lot of us!
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Unless you are tracking this persons total calorie intake (not just what you personally witness during the day/one meal) and TDEE then you have no idea how much they are eating or how much energy they are expending.

I eat more than all of my friends, but I lift 4 times per week and they don't. that's the part you don't see.

Nobody is eating way over their maintenance on a consistent basis and not gaining weight.
  • adiggs2777
    adiggs2777 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My husband is that friend. He comes from naturally skinny folk. He does minimal work at the gym and is still pretty much the correct weight for his height at 39.
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I used to be that friend. Tall, thin, good metabolism. I ate like crap at times, but I also ate much smaller portions than most people and I was pretty active. And I grew up in a house that didn't ever have junk food in it, so mindless snacking never happened. Was I lucky? Maybe. I think it's a combination of genetic luck and lifestyle habits.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I wrestled that tall skinny kid once. He was a ginger and he had ginger strength and wound up kicking my *kitten*. :sad:

Gingers = scary. You should have just forfeited.

Well I know that now!

carrottop.jpg

Ill never make that mistake again. Especially since he started lifting after that.
  • duckdani
    duckdani Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Eh. I was that friend for most of my life. I ate a lot and I ate junk and I didn't do much in the way of formal exercise and I am not tall.

I got old and my metabolic rate slowed down and here I am.
    I hear ya!
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I use to be that friend. I could eat chocolate mousse cakes for breakfast and fried chicken with waffles for dinner and my clothes would still fall off. I remember I didn't eat as often because I had no idea what to get at the grocery store. I knew nothing about proper nutrition.
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    I wanna be that friend.
  • Lanise_10
    Lanise_10 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately for me I've never been that friend and never will be :(
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    And stays skinny/lean/healthy.

The ones I've personally observed are either very tall, don't eat very often so you watch them pig out when you see them eat with you, exercise a lot, play sports, or basicall I would just admit that I didn't see enough of their day to accurately get an idea of what they "really" do.

So in almost every case something's covered on eat less, move more.

I WAS that friend! Until I hit my mid 30's :brokenheart:
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I dont have such friends anymore...

They used to get me really mad so I would take long walks deep in the woods - cardio was great becuase I was also dragging a body...
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    For me I have to look no further than my own brother. He was always that way - from the time we were kids. Grrrr.....
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

Gingers = scary. You should have just forfeited.

Well I know that now!

carrottop.jpg

Ill never make that mistake again. Especially since he started lifting after that.

:sad: :sad: :sad:

:frown:

See? SEEEE???!!! Now I'm going to have daymares about soul stealing.