Victoria's Secret Models

Options

Replies

• tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Lots of photoshop and makeup and not a lot of food.....just my thoughts.

i totally agree with the photoshop and makeup part. i'm sure the food/exercise part varies from model to model. having personal trainers and chefs doesn't hurt, along with stylists and lots of time to work on appearance.
  • perfect_storm
    perfect_storm Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Do I want to lose weight? Yes! Do I want to look like a VS model? NO WAY!!!! They have no shape, they are skin and bones and I guarantee that a large percentage of them have eating disorders!! Thanks, but no thanks!!

*coughcough*bodyshaming*cough*

Like I said, these girls aren't aliens or freaks or ill. Thin =/= unhealthy. Or equate to an eating disorder. Do you and your goals, but don't shame those with a different shape than you. Best of luck in your fitness journey.

Well said
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    DNA. I'm 5'11", have a small frame, long arms, a defined waist, and a 33 inch inseam. Before I gained weight, I was a size 4-6 and people would ask me if I modeled. And yes, I realize that in the wacky world of fashion modeling, size 6 is trending toward "plus size" nowadays, but to regular folk on the street, that's thin.

I ate the same as I do now (2000 or so calories a day). I went through periods that I worked out and periods when I didn't. When I did, it was no more than 30-45 minutes, 4-5 days per week. I know that professional models live in a different world and many do dangerous and stupid things to keep their weight down, but just because a woman is tall and thin doesn't mean that she's subsisting on lettuce and laxatives. Reminds me of the "do you eat" comments I got when I was younger. I probably ate more on a daily basis than the person who was asking.

And being thin does not mean one is physically weak. Even with my little 10 inch biceps, I've never needed help opening jars or carrying objects less than 50-60 pounds.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Well I must have a really special version of Photoshop on my computer then because I can edit and photoshop film in it.

No! The really cut Lieutenant Dan's legs off in Forrest Gump, then sewed them back on when they were done filming. And the dudes who played Hobbits are really short enough to run under a horse's belly.

That said, I think VS models are beautiful women, occasionally a little thinner than I'd like for myself. They're genetically gifted and it's not a look attainable for the majority of the public, which is why there's so few of them and so many of the rest of us.

Sometimes, the overuse or misuse of photshop and extreme boob-padding takes away their beauty by making them go from genetically gifted to genetic impossibilities.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Ima put myself out there so please don't jump on me for it :flowerforyou:

I'm an aspiring model so those girls are people I look up to in a way. I've done some research on their measurements and agencies, and to be honest I'm pretty damn close! Besides the bust, I'm right there with them and I'm very thankful for that. I aim to eat between 1400 and 1600 calories a day, work out 4-6 days a week, and I've recently made a switch from cardio-focused workouts to strength training. Common sense goes a long way. Small portions, minimal if any sweets and pop, and an overall awareness of how you're taking care of yourself. Putting bad things in your body will make you look bad. It's not rocket science.

Anyway, I don't say this to brag or shove it in people's faces. But I hope this helps:) Those girls aren't aliens or some unattainable size, it can be done!

Hey! You work hard for it all so why not show off... and thanks for sharing your "secret"! Had a discussion with my bessie the other day... both she (her more than me!) and I get told, oh you can eat anything and not get overweight and stay normal or even skinny... the thing is, we don't! We just know how to balance our days out in general if we know we're going out we'll eat light small meals during the day but not deprive ourselves, do some mitigating exercise and also, plan and/or just pick sensible meals and drinks on a night out and skip a pudding/starter/bread if we don't feel like we need or want it!

The rest of the time, we eat lots of fresh lean meats and vegetables, lower carbs, shes entirely gluten free due to allergy and I'm trying to be for rumoured athletic performance benefits and choosing more nutritious carbs than bread where possible (I'm not a pasta or breadaphobic!) and train hard cardio wise and with resistance/weights etc. Plus we take supplements such as L-carnitine, L-Tyrosine, caffeine to boost workouts, multi vits and minerals... All of which I could advocate I think!

Basically, we have to work for it, plan our meals, be conscious of everything that passes our lips, yet be discrete enough to not let it show!
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I'm going to tell you that they lift heavy. It's probably a lie, but once you start lifting heavy you'll forgive me :)

I'm noticing that according to MFP, every hot woman lifts heavy. :grumble:

not all hot women lift heavy. but all women that lift heavy are hot :P

I can get behind that!

:heart: True.
  • littlebee26
    Options
    I'm going to tell you that they lift heavy. It's probably a lie, but once you start lifting heavy you'll forgive me :)

I'm noticing that according to MFP, every hot woman lifts heavy. :grumble:

not all hot women lift heavy. but all women that lift heavy are hot :P

I can get behind that!

:heart: True.

.......ladies that lift.......sigh!.....
  • notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    You can not photoshop a runway show. And as already mentioned I think it is mostly genetics with some exercise in there I doubt they are obsessed with exercise I imagine they do enough to maintain their physique. Try to be the best you. :smile:

You actually can photoshop a runway show, if it isn't a live broadcast. If I'm not mistaken, the VS runway show is actually aired a few days after it is taped...which leaves several days for photoshopping. I have no idea what (if any) photoshopping they do, just saying it is possible.

*FACEPALM*

No, you cannot "photoshop" video. I am sure that they edit the photos from the broadcast after the fact, but you cannot "photoshop" a video, at least not in a way to make the models look flawless. Instead chalk that up to expert makeup artistry and costuming.

Actually, yes, you can photoshop video. It's done in pretty much every modern film!

You cannot edit pounds off of a model's body in a video within photoshop. You can color correct, edit frames, and do minimal work...but not change the way a person is shaped, at least not in a way that would look real.

CGI, on the other hand is used in modern film to create characters, scenes, and many other special effects. CGI requires the use of tracking devices and green screening, so unless you are suggesting that the models walk the catwalk in what Andy Circus wore to play gollum, with "photoshopped" bodies added on post-process, you are wrong.

I work with these programs DAILY, no company has the time or budget to photoshop an entire fashion show just to shave a few pounds off of model's butts.
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Ima put myself out there so please don't jump on me for it :flowerforyou:

I'm an aspiring model so those girls are people I look up to in a way. I've done some research on their measurements and agencies, and to be honest I'm pretty damn close! Besides the bust, I'm right there with them and I'm very thankful for that. I aim to eat between 1400 and 1600 calories a day, work out 4-6 days a week, and I've recently made a switch from cardio-focused workouts to strength training. Common sense goes a long way. Small portions, minimal if any sweets and pop, and an overall awareness of how you're taking care of yourself. Putting bad things in your body will make you look bad. It's not rocket science.

Anyway, I don't say this to brag or shove it in people's faces. But I hope this helps:) Those girls aren't aliens or some unattainable size, it can be done!

Creeper FRs incoming!

busted
  • doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    doutzen looks like she lifts. i have to lol when i hear people calling her fat. :laugh:

http://www.foto4ka.com/wallpapers/1/doutzen-kroes-pictorial.jpg

EDIT FOR A HUGE PIC
  • dayhadley
    Options
    whut?

I dunno... They might look good but probably can't open a pickle jar

HEY. Pickle jars are HARD.

... Not to mention having to worry about all that pickle juice jumping out of the jar and onto your clothing as you wrestle the top off with all your might.
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Hard to take a guess. I think they probably train like fitness models..... Not sure how much they would eat in a day??

They don't train (as in lift weights). Ever watch America's Next Top Model? They make comments on that show all the time about their arms getting too big or their legs and butt getting too big so they have to not lift weights.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Hard to take a guess. I think they probably train like fitness models..... Not sure how much they would eat in a day??

They don't train (as in lift weights). Ever watch America's Next Top Model? They make comments on that show all the time about their arms getting too big or their legs and butt getting too big so they have to not lift weights.

Miranda Kerr.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0grdocLqGHu1Z81QyvfPZtf8PiFegGZzBO3LzxFQfaYq8I8IgcQ

I'm not saying it's heavy lifting, but those dumbbells aren't tiny and pink, either.
  • mike_usmc
    mike_usmc Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Models put in a lot of time and effort. You have to remember though they have personal trainers, cooks, meal preparers, and there motivation is usually a nice 6 figure pay check per year. I'm not saying in the least it is easy, even with all they have in front of them they still must put in the effort, but they do have that advantage. Also models don't look that way all the time. A lot of them will take a supplement to take out access water prior to a shoot to make there skin tighten to there abs, biceps, triceps etc more.
  • math1201
    math1201 Posts: 10
    Options
    I think they do pure cardio, maybe some small weight lifting,
  • cassienoe
    cassienoe Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I love the BlissTree website for health advice on REAL women (not ones that have a personal chef, trainer, etc)

http://www.blisstree.com/2011/11/08/food/what-it-really-takes-to-look-like-a-victorias-secret-angel-hint-a-stupid-diet-128/
    37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I don't even think they are beautiful, O.O Most of them have super skinny bodies which are probably not healthy..

My opinion only .-.
  • dressagester
    dressagester Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have it on good authority that more than a few follow this daily regimen:

* 4 grams cocaine
    * 2 packs of cigarettes (fancy imports, of course - gotta be classy)
    * 15 TicTacs
    * 8 minutes of runway walking
    * 5 cell phones hurled at housekeepers (for advanced VS models ONLY)

Oh - you mustn't forget to also give interviews talking about all the cheeseburgers you eat. It seems insignificant but it's the secret to success!

:flowerforyou:
  • mike_usmc
    mike_usmc Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    :explode:
    you said cheeseburgers!!! My weak spot!!
    Great weather were having today!!