One Year of Barbells and Ice-Cream: My Story…So Far (pics)

Options

Replies

• Pamela_in_Progress
    Pamela_in_Progress Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Great story! Wonderful success! You look amazing! My 45th birthday is fast approaching and I'm reading up on heavy lifting as well. I'd love to be able to achieve the killer results that you have! Cheers! :drinker:
  • wapan
    wapan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    bump - wonderful!
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Thank you Sara for sharing, you are inspirational and I'm just so grateful for your example.

You have helped me along my journey this year, and I always like it when reading threads and your name/pic pops up. I pay attention. You have helped so many people and should be very proud of yourself for your personal achievement, assistance and inspiration to others.

Congrats, you look awesome!
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thank you for sharing! Congrats - You look AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! :)
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Amazing job. Amazing story. Thanks for sharing!
  • lenkearney
    lenkearney Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    took courage to share this- thank you.
  • beautsarah
    beautsarah Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I loved your success story! You look amazing.
  • giveMEbeauty
    giveMEbeauty Posts: 192
    Options
    Wow
  • __Karl__
    __Karl__ Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Two words for you sister: Hero time!

Between this success story and "Man of Steel" I'm good for the summer.
  • AutumnisBSB
    AutumnisBSB Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Awesome story. Glad you were able to overcome your illness. You look great.
  • catfive1
    catfive1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring. And now I believe that at 53 I'm not too old to begin lifting heavier. :drinker:
  • ashleyplus3
    ashleyplus3 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    SO inspiring! You are an amazing woman!
  • drmcglone
    drmcglone Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!!!!
  • maggiecamilo
    maggiecamilo Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    wow thanks for sharing!! So inspiring!!
  • izzitart
    Options
    Just getting started, didn't intend on getting involved with all this. BUT wandering around site I saw your story...and wow, you are great. REALLY like the ice cream tease, you sound like you earn it though. Thanks a lot. I'l get my inspiration in the most random places!
  • LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Your awesome! You give this 45 year old hope when, at times, I think there is none! I have discovered a love for lifting and I am getting pretty good at it! Nutrition is DEFINITELY my shortfall! I may be perusing your diary a bit! Hope you don't mind!

Wanted to bump this back to the forums in case there is anyone new who hasn't met you yet! They need to hear your story!! :flowerforyou:
  • Miss_Meliss86
    Miss_Meliss86 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    It was almost TL;DR for me, but then I actually started reading and was hooked. SUCH an amazing story. :flowerforyou:

Congratulations on such incredible progress and am so happy that you took the time to share it with us!
  • chickenchaser78
    chickenchaser78 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Amazing story! You look fantastic and have such a lovely figure. WTG!!
  • joshdann
    joshdann Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I can only see the "after" pics in your profile. Please to upload some before ones to somewhere we can still view them :)

That said... those after pics... (in my best Chef from South park - Isaac Hayes voice): "Damn, Woman!"
  • snshine1028
    snshine1028 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Such an inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!