One Year of Barbells and Ice-Cream: My Story…So Far (pics)

Options

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I adore you!!! You are amazing and such a supportive friend! Keep up the hard work and ice cream!
  • jperkins892
    Options
    bump
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    I love these success stories from people on MFP that not only talks the talk - but walks the walk.
    You give so much to the people on the forums - most of them dont know how lucky they are to have you share your knowledge with them - great job lady!!
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing, Sara! Thank you for sharing your story and thank you for being a voice of reason on here!
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Damn you inspire me to do better, go harder, eat healthier, and finally succeed.
  • Shen191
    Shen191 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    awesome story :) love it. Good on you Sara x
  • julielittlefish
    julielittlefish Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    *roundofapplause*

You look fantastic. Congratulations!
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    You are a huge inspiration. Thank you for sharing your story, It proves what can be achieved.:drinker:
  • vkw1
    vkw1 Posts: 88
    Options
    thanks Sara ,I think I had a series of 'normal' l strokes, as I lost movement on the entire left side of my body and to this day still have some minor physical impediments ,I have a slight limp most noticeable when I am tired and my speech is not as 'smooth' as it used to be.But better than the alternative.My hubby was told that I was "lucky" as 1/3 of people in the same condition don't make it to hospital and another 1/3 dont make it out.I had mine clipped and you have reminded I must get another scan soon to check everything's still ok.My surgeon said to have a scan at 5 and then 10 years.The last one was good.Have a good day.It's mid afternoon here , not sure of the time difference :smile:
  • marnie1970
    Options
    This is a very inspirational journey you have made, thank you so much for sharing. You look great, happy & confident! I love how you pointed out eating normal foods & ice cream!! Everything in reasonable quantities along with exercise, is so important:). Thanks again.
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    WOW...you look Amazing...Lovely job and congrats on your 1yr..
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing.

And now it's time for....

ice_cream_truck.jpg

ice1.jpg

I iz sad...someone melted the ice-cream truck! :cry:
  • timeforsomethingsweet
    Options
    Congratulations! Thanks for sharing!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Your story is inspirational, and your posts on the forum are both entertaining and packed with useful information. Especially the "trolling" posts, you know, the ones where you post relevant science. Keep up the awesomeness.
  • coulibalymuso
    coulibalymuso Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Loved reading your story - thank you so much for posting!! And WOW - so truly motivating!! You look fabulous!
  • KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: When I grow up I wanna be like Sara...! :flowerforyou:

You are amazing, inspirational and HOT! Thank you for always giving kind and helpful advice, you are great.
    Absolutely a success story! Whoohoo!

Ps. You totally rock a bikini!! :smokin:
  • candace177
    Options
    You're absolutely gorgeous :)
  • _happycats_
    _happycats_ Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Happy MFP-anniversary and congratulations on an incredible year. This is the first time I've heard any of your story and it's an amazing one - thank you for sharing!! Through my time on here, I had already come to recognize you as one of those people who post often and actually know what they're talking about :)

Edited because I totally forgot to mention the obvious: You look fantastic!! :drinker: If this is the example of what lifting does to a body then I need to stick with it!!!
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    You are amazing!! One of the best "trolls" on my FL. Happy MFP Anniversary!
  • jenmsu83
    jenmsu83 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing! You should be so proud...you have come so far. Congrats!! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!