One Year of Barbells and Ice-Cream: My Story…So Far (pics)

Options

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Sara, you know your *kitten*.... and I likes it!

but you need to put your max lifts on your OP too... those are the numbers I love:)

I cannot edit, but as I am a show off:

Deadlift, 280lb x1
    Squats: 210lb x3
    Bench: 135lb x1
    OHP (strict) 95lb x2 (cannot get 100lb and its annoying me!)

And thank you.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Its a good thing ben and jerry live in my belly, and I live at the gym ;-) ... great progress!
  • paisleytevir
    paisleytevir Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    What an inspiring story, you look amazing!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    hottest 45 year old around :smile: You're awesome Sara! Definition of "doing it right". And very glad that you included some possible PL comps in the future.
  • HodderAL
    HodderAL Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an inspirational story. Thank you for taking the time to share it with us :)

Your hard work and dedication are certainly showing... you have an amazing physique!
  • skcardiog
    skcardiog Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    You inspire me every day . Thank you !
  • loranch
    loranch Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Wow your such an inspiration to all your mfp friends especially those of us who have medical issues and have seen your success! Thank you !
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Many many congrats on your loss and progress! You look wonderful and so fit and happy. Def inspiring! and man do I love me some ice cream as well lol
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    hottest 45 year old around :smile: You're awesome Sara! Definition of "doing it right". And very glad that you included some possible PL comps in the future.

Thank you :flowerforyou:

You and taso are convincing me to try PL comps out - should be fun.
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    awesome job!
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Fantastic story and just outstanding results!
    Here's to doing it the right way, you inspire me to keep on keeping on.
  • jessicafunkyy
    Options
    Wow, great job! This was really inspirational :smile:
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    This is probably the first ever MFP success story that made me weep with joy and horny with lust at almost the same time. Your story is effing powerful, Sara. Thank you so much for sharing it and yourself.

:flowerforyou:
  • vkw1
    vkw1 Posts: 88
    Options
    fantastic story to read, you certainly are an inspiration as others have said.I am pleased to read about your results after your traumatic health /medical scare. Like you,I have also suffered a ruptured cerebral aneurysm which was life threatening.I was operated on which was risky to start with, got through surgery very well only to be faced with numerous strokes which can be a 'side effect' of the surgery.I lost my ability to walk, talk etc ( pretty much everything) and spent 3 months in hospital rehab re-learning all those life skills.I had 3 babies- a 4 month old, 17 month old and a 2 and a half year old.Whilst in hospital I lost a lot of weight but it crept back over the years( easter marks 10 years from the aneurysm) but now I am on track with some fitness and dietary goals.I am not doing anything too 'strenous' but mostly calorie couning counting and healthy eating with some regular exercise
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    fantastic story to read, you certainly are an inspiration as others have said.I am pleased to read about your results after your traumatic health /medical scare. Like you,I have also suffered a ruptured cerebral aneurysm which was life threatening.I was operated on which was risky to start with, got through surgery very well only to be faced with numerous strokes which can be a 'side effect' of the surgery.I lost my ability to walk, talk etc ( pretty much everything) and spent 3 months in hospital rehab re-learning all those life skills.I had 3 babies- a 4 month old, 17 month old and a 2 and a half year old.Whilst in hospital I lost a lot of weight but it crept back over the years( easter marks 10 years from the aneurysm) but now I am on track with some fitness and dietary goals.I am not doing anything too 'strenous' but mostly calorie couning counting and healthy eating with some regular exercise

Wow - scary stuff and really challenging, especially when you have small kids. Well done on your recovery. I had a bunch of vasospasms (not sure if that is what you had) which have stroke like symptoms. I was lucky in that they could coil the aneurysms and not have to clip them. I was also incredibly lucky not to have a long recovery from them - most of my issues came from the staph infection, not the aneurysm itself.

Good luck with your continued progress.
  • jimlambrt2
    jimlambrt2 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational. Congrats on finding your own fire breathing beast mode!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    OMG, I want your abs!!!!!! You look fantastic!!! And it gives me so much hope to know you're 45 years old and you have a rockin' body! Shows me that with hard work, determination and eating well, I can do this too!! Thanks for sharing your story!!!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look great.
    I also wish I had real "before" pics instead of standing in the back of group pics.

Oh...and YOU LOOK GREAT!!
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! You look amazing!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Sara, I consider you one of my very closest friends on here and I'm so glad I've gotten the chance to know you. Thank you for being you and you deserve every bit of success.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!