Facebook....Yea or Nay????

Options
1235»

Replies

• summerof1979
    summerof1979 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have zero drama in my life, facebook doesn't change that.

said every girl

Trust me on that one, I'm way too busy for drama. My daily schedule has no room for it!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I love my fb...I use it mostly for pictures though lol

this
  • StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I have zero drama in my life, facebook doesn't change that.

said every girl

Trust me on that one, I'm way too busy for drama. My daily schedule has no room for it!

I have zero tolerance for drama. Interestingly, there are a lot of other people out there (even girls!) who are also not into drama- I know this, because some of them are my friends :)
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Facebook is cool, but KIK is better. It has better pictures.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Facebook is cool, but KIK is better. It has better pictures.

QFT :bigsmile:
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I have fb to keep up with family and friends. I'm kinda addicted to it.
  • WisiPls
    WisiPls Posts: 359
    Options
    Skype/cellphone

sorry facebook
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    MFP is my Facebook :)
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    FB never appealed to me...I had one to keep in touch with fam back in cali but they annoy me after a while...
    but i did LOVE myspace...fun times fun times!:wink:

I've been off Facebook for a little over a year--and I never liked it as much as I did MySpace, either! Too bad everyone evacuated MySpace for Facebook....

There are several things about Facebook I don't like:

--way too much crap in my newsfeed (and way too much trouble trying to streamline it to only show posts from people I cared about--they made so many changes in such a short time I felt I was always having to relearn having to ride a bicycle).

--I have friends of many varying stripes of politics, religions, ethnicities and seeing someone post "God hates (fill in the blank)" right above something for gun rights/gay rights/animal rights/whatever just got too damn overwhelming. I freely admit it. I felt I was being pummeled to death by an overload of info that I was supposed to care about but didn't.

--No privacy. Even after hours of reading through instructions and changing my settings, I never felt confident that my information was only being shared with whom I wanted it to be. And don't get me started on how Facebook is one big marketing target for millions of people. I hate the way I was shoved into a demographic and would have stuff "suggested to me" to add.
  • MamaCatO
    MamaCatO Posts: 100
    Options
    I use facebook, but I don't feed the drama llamas. I use it to keep in contact with people, I enjoy talking to and family. I also follow inspirational pages. I block games and remove anyone who starts drama.
  • ebsTX
    ebsTX Posts: 2
    Options
    I have it, but I wish I had limited my friend list to just family. I don't go out there very often and usually it is at the request of my mother. She is on there a lot!
  • teaparty75
    teaparty75 Posts: 170
    Options
    100% NAY! They violate your privacy and sell your personal info without your permission. Also, that site is nothing but drama. I abandoned mine long ago and don't regret it all that much.

Thats hilarious. If you dont WANT something on the internet.. DONT put it on there.

What part of that do people NOT understand?? :noway:

Violating your privacy... :laugh: They didn't come into your home, steal your photographs out of your albums and sneak back off to the internet & paste your pictures all over the web for everyone to see. YOU put them on there. Stop blaming others for violating YOUR privacy.
    LMAO ...privacy ?? what's that in this day and age ???
  • HealthyBy_42
    Options
    We are a non-Facebookers in my house. So no, you're not alone :)
  • SeahawkFan1
    Options
    i have twitter, facebook and instagram. I tried to get rid of my facebook, it lasted about 24 hours then i got back on it.
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    In to say "NAY".. but you already knew that Op!
  • devodev44
    devodev44 Posts: 50 Member
    Options

I've been off Facebook for a little over a year--and I never liked it as much as I did MySpace, either! Too bad everyone evacuated MySpace for Facebook....

There are several things about Facebook I don't like:

--way too much crap in my newsfeed (and way too much trouble trying to streamline it to only show posts from people I cared about--they made so many changes in such a short time I felt I was always having to relearn having to ride a bicycle).

--I have friends of many varying stripes of politics, religions, ethnicities and seeing someone post "God hates (fill in the blank)" right above something for gun rights/gay rights/animal rights/whatever just got too damn overwhelming. I freely admit it. I felt I was being pummeled to death by an overload of info that I was supposed to care about but didn't.

--No privacy. Even after hours of reading through instructions and changing my settings, I never felt confident that my information was only being shared with whom I wanted it to be. And don't get me started on how Facebook is one big marketing target for millions of people. I hate the way I was shoved into a demographic and would have stuff "suggested to me" to add.

I'm with you there, and that's what's driving me away from it. However, I'm learning to use it for "business purposes" as the amount of people you can reach is just too enticing. I'm not a power user in any way, but I'm willing to play the FB-game for my purposes.
  • akmom40
    akmom40 Posts: 12
    Options
    I've recently learned to use the block option for ending drama on my wall. It's awesome :laugh:
  • chellycakes
    chellycakes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I've deleted a ton of people I don't see at all.. I've edited a lot of friends so only 'important' (non daily political") statuses would show.. I don't live near a lot of family so facebook helps I guess.. Also I'm too lazy to take what pictures i do like and put them on an sd card. So yay Facebook...for now.
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Have it, maybe take a quick peak on my phone once a day but use it mostly for setting up stuff like family reunions, get togethers and such. The games and everything else I can do without.
  • A_Healthier_Me2013
    A_Healthier_Me2013 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I am not bashing it. I 100% understand how Facebook can serve as a useful aid to keep in contact with your peeps, but........I don't even have a Facebook and I'm 100% thankful for that for a number of reasons. I'm really curious if there is anyone else out there who is a NON Facebooker.

i don't have facebook but my bf says i treat MFP like facebook :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: