Give me your smoothie recipes!

Options

Replies

• dmcginnis89
    Options
    Green smoothies FTW!

2 cups chopped kale
    1 whole banana
    1 1/2 cups mixed fruit (i buy the big frozen bags)
    1 1/12 cups cocunut water (or plain water, orange juice, V8 fusion splash...whatever you have)
    1 tbsp ground flaxseed

yummy yummy yummy....
  • NatashaB8
    NatashaB8 Posts: 202
    Options
    I'm don't think this is what you're looking for, but my daily morning smoothie:

3 bananas
    2 cups of almond milk
    4 tbs almond butter
    1/2 cup of oats
    2 scoops of whey protein.

1120 delicious calories :laugh:

Haha! Not quite yet, maybe when I am training hard and eating at a surplus hopefully in a few months!
    Or I could cut out a couple of bananas and tablespoons of almond butter!
  • Courtney011691
    Options
    I generally use whatever I have at the moment. My typical choice of ingredients include:

- Light cranberry juice
    - Orange juice
    - Nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
    - Whatever fruit I have at the time
    - Peanut butter
    - Crushed Nature Vally Crunchy granola bars
    - Vanilla protein powder (only after a long run to help with recovery)
    - Spinach

The other day I had cranberry juice, yogurt, and a peach. It was amazing! Another favorite of mine is peanut butter, yogurt, Nature Valley Oat flavored bar, and banana.

Also, if you live near a 5 Below store they have a great smoothies recipe book for $5. If not, I'm sure you can find books similar to it elsewhere.
  • misfit34
    misfit34 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I get a general idea for my smoothies from http://simplegreensmoothies.com. They have some great ideas and a bunch of variety. To almost every smoothie, except ones I have used banana and pb, I add a few sprigs of mint and some lime juice. This combo makes it so refreshing. I just experiment with mine. Good luck. If you find any good combonations please share.

wow! thanks so much for this website. I have been just trying several "green" recipes on my own, but this website really helps.
  • mwooderson
    mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    A go to for me is my Spinach and Strawberry Smoothie...

1 cup Almond milk
    1/2 box frozen chopped spinach (throw it in the blender frozen)
    5 - 7 frozen unsweetened strawberries
    2 tbls chia seeds
    1 tbl oat bran
    sweetener of your choice (I use Torani's sugar free drink flavors)

Blend and enjoy (the chia seeds thicken the smoothie beautifully!).
  • bwright9752
    bwright9752 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I like my smoothies more creamy and less icey so I don't add ice cubes. I make mine with regular yogurt frozen (not frozen yogurt from the ice cream aisle but yogurt from the yogurt section put in the freezer). I keep a variety of flavors and then add frozen bananas and other frozen fresh fruit depending on the flavors i'm going for. I also add a scoop of protein powder (currently have 3 flavors, vanilla, chocolate and mango). Sometimes I'll add chocolate syrup and peanut butter instead of the other frozen fruit. Some of my current favorites are:
    Banana Split - Strawberry yogurt, 1/2 frozen banana, handfull frozen pineapple chunks, frozen strawberries, chocolate syrup, chocolate protein powder, milk.
    Pina Colada - Pineapple coconut yogurt, 1/2 frozen banana, handfull frozen pineapple, shredded coconut, coconut milk, vanilla protein powder - never have added rum but if you're under your cals for the day you might as well.
    Key Lime Pie - Lime yogurt, lime juice from 1 lime, 1 frozen banana, vanilla protein powder, milk and 2 graham crackers - yum.
    Peach Mango - Peach yogurt, handful frozen peach, handfull frozen mango, 1/2 frozen banana, scoop mango protein powder, milk.
    I haven't made it yet but I'm going to try a S'more smoothie - Boston creme pie yogurt, chocolate syrup, marshmallow cream, chocolate protein powder, milk 2 or more graham crackers.

I've been adding frozen kale to all of these recently and I'm not a big fan of the chunks of kale stems that don't get blended up but it doesn't change the flavor just the texture so I can live with it for the benefits of the kale.

These really end up more the texture of softserve ice cream than a smoothie but they cure any evening sweets craving that I have. I usually make a pitcher full in my ninja and eat half of it and put the other half in a cup and freeze it. I can put one of the frozen cups in the microwave for 45 seconds and viola, almost instant creamy smoothie satisfaction.
  • dnwoods
    dnwoods Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I call this my guilt free milkshake,

1 cup of almond milk
    2 dates
    1 small frozen banana ( cut in qtrs.)
    1 tps of ground cinnamon
    1 tps of organic maple syrup

Use blender

Enjoy!
  • AdrianasMombieED
    AdrianasMombieED Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    bump
  • weali
    weali Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    1 c carrot juice
    1/2 c nonfat plain greek yogurt
    1/2 c grapes
    1/2 c blackberries
    1/2 c pineapple
    1 multi vitamin

240 calories

I ground up my multi vitamin in the smoothie because I'm a pansy and can't swallow them. I use carrot juice becasue there is less sugar than using a fruit juice...and then for fruit I use whatever I have in the freezer and fresh--bonus of using frozen fruit is you don't have to add ice cubes, but you may want to use more juice other wise it is super thick. Usually I do add 1/2 of a banana but this morning I forgot to...
  • Michellemarg
    Options
    Beet-Chocolate Smoothie

I know right? Sounds terrible, but I love it - of course I love beets.

3 boiled beets (cover and boil beets in 1 1/2 inches of water - reserve the water for the smoothie)
    4 tablespoons unsweetened coco powder (more or less to taste)
    2 cups unsweetened low fat almond milk

(Makes two servings - less than 100 calories per serving and the health benefits of beets are amazing!!)

Blend everything - add Ice if you like it really cold. I make it the night before pop it in the fridge. My family does not like it at all, so it is not for everyone.
  • monicapeterson54
    monicapeterson54 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    mine typically consist of (this gives me two servings):

1 cup of spinach
    1/2 cup of kale
    1 cup of frozen berries
    1 banana
    1 advocado
    6 canned peach slices (I can my own, they're in a VERY light syrup)
    water to thin to desired consistency

the fruit completely masks the taste of the greens, and the banana and advocado make is nice and creamy!
  • tmalikia
    tmalikia Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I drink a smoothie every morning, my go to green smoothie is

Handful of spinach, parsley, lemon, celery, something sweet (e.g peaches, apples, kiwi, strawberries etc), coconut water and chia/flax seeds. Blend until smooth and drink. It's really good.
  • Tiznonay
    Tiznonay Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hmm, throwing in spinach seems popular. Is there any weird taste or consistency cuz of the spinach?

I'm a big fan of milkshakes, so my fave smoothie has always been:

- a banana
    - cup of soymilk - I use Silk light vanilla
    - 1 tbsp peanut butter
    - 1/2 cup ice cream - I use the churned, no-sugar-added variety. Only adds 5 grams of sugar

It's absolutely delicious, and more importantly - still pretty healthy. 350'ish cals, 26 grams of sugar (mostly the banana) and a decent 15 grams of protein - more if you use real milk
  • elizamac123
    Options
    I have extremely basic smoothies every morning - 1 or 2 types of frozen fruit, a banana, orange juice, and flaxseed. If I have spinach I add that too.
  • cheriibomb
    Options
    I get a general idea for my smoothies from http://simplegreensmoothies.com. They have some great ideas and a bunch of variety. To almost every smoothie, except ones I have used banana and pb, I add a few sprigs of mint and some lime juice. This combo makes it so refreshing. I just experiment with mine. Good luck. If you find any good combonations please share.

OMG! You are amazing, i am so loving this website. Normally ill just throw in a bunch of fruit and call it even but i am so trying out some of these new smoothies. Thanks!
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Half an apple
    1 cup almond milk
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    a few shakes of cinnamon

Blend and it tastes like the milk left over after a bowl of Apple Jacks.
  • kbeardmore22
    kbeardmore22 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ravengal44646
    ravengal44646 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    1 ounce of organic pumpkin seeds (unsalted, of course)
    1/2 medium banana
    1/4 avocado
    large handful of kale
    1/4 cup blueberries
    6 medium slices of gala apple
  • bwright9752
    bwright9752 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Las night I made the s'more smoothie I had been dreaming about. It was good for a treat yet not too bad on the calories.

1 container Friendly Farms Whipped Chocolate Yogurt - frozen
    1.5 cups 2% milk
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder
    1 frozen banana
    2 Tbs marshmallow fluff
    2 graham crackers

I only ate/drank half of it and froze the other half for tonight so it was only about 600 cals.
  • tlvandenberg
    tlvandenberg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like a quarter c of light and fit vanilla yogurt; quarter cup skim milk; a t of french vanilla dry cream and my fruit of choice...mango,strawberries,blueberries...Makes one nice cup, and not a whole lot of calories