Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

is your birthday a "big deal"?

Replies

• djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    I'm 32. My birthday is just another day. On my 30th birthday, I actually made plans. Everyone , every *kitten* one, canceled on me. So I don't even try.
  • mom2dzbnwe
    mom2dzbnwe Posts: 129 Member
    I always make my kids birthdays a BIG DEAL! My mom did that for us--we didn't have big parties, but your actual birthday was all about you---favorite foods, favorite/requested cake, present, and always a surprise of some sort. We didn't have a lot of money but we always had great birthdays.
    Now, I don't make a big deal--my best friend (since high school) has a birthday 6 days after mine and we both moved a couple of hours from our home town with our husbands but fortunately live a couple blocks from each other so we always celebrate together. She loves to make sashes or crowns or puff painted t-shirts we wear when we go out...so we get lots of birthday wishes and every once in a while there's a free drink or dessert! :O)
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Nothing more irritating than an adult trying to make a big deal of their own birthday.

That comment made me sad :frown: I don't see the harm in an adult wanting to celebrate their first day of life.
  • bubblygoldfish
    bubblygoldfish Posts: 213 Member
    I'm 32. My birthday is just another day. On my 30th birthday, I actually made plans. Everyone , every *kitten* one, canceled on me. So I don't even try.

Dude, i'm sorry. That really sucks. I tend to get FB messages from distant friends, calls to hang out from close friends, and an actual party with my family. Then again, my family tends to delay my b-day afew days until Thanksgiving. Hmm, maybe that's why the entire family shows up to the party.....
  • peeaanuut
    peeaanuut Posts: 359 Member
    My birthday has always been a wash. People cancel on plans, so I stopped even trying about 15 years ago. Its just another day for me now.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Not since I had my son...2 days before my birthday 7 years ago! Now it's all about him (and/or Father's day since they fall all at the same time). Now I get spoiled on Mother's Day instead...
  • dadof2boyz
    dadof2boyz Posts: 156 Member
    birthdays come and go and they're not a huge deal for me - I always wanted them to be more of a big deal than they were but no longer. guess time cures everything!!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Yes, I will celebrate my birth week with debauchery

dat's what I'm talkin' bout!

Not even milestone b-days? Unless I'm preggers I better have a good time on my BDay. my 30th included some Thunder from Down Under. Memories...
  • julesandrad
    julesandrad Posts: 10 Member
    it's been 2 years that I celebrate my birthday on pre contest diet LoL So you get the picture...
    Everyone is having cake and I get to have a chicken&veggies lol
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Oh yes, birthdays are cool & there's always cake ....... if it's chocolate, I might even eat a piece :happy:

temptation.jpg
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    The entire world must take a pause and observe that it is my birthday, the most important day of the year.

Not really. Last year was kind of a big deal number wise for me. I spent it alone and penniless.
  • RedHotHunter
    RedHotHunter Posts: 560 Member
    My birthday has sucked for so many years that I've been conditioned to hate it.
    40 is coming up in 3 weeks and I'm VERY grumpy about it. :grumble:
  • SmoothRiko
    SmoothRiko Posts: 193
    I always make my birthday the biggest deal of life. Lately its been rather uneventful, but I know when I wake up, and the calendar says Nov. 27th, I am so excited I could bust a button!

I was born on Thanksgiving Day back in '86, so every Thanksgiving, I imagine that all families gather their hands in prayer at the dinner table :drinker: in America to thank their Heavenly Father, that I graced the planet.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • dysonspacz
    dysonspacz Posts: 76 Member
    It's just another day in paradise
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    A lady I work with celebrates the whole week, I tend to ignore mine.

Its funny how people age, i.e. my kids would proudly say "Im 5 and a 1/2" and adults just say "Im 29" but my grandpa used to say "Im 85 and 1/2, just like the kids.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Mine was 2 days ago. I didn't even have anything planned until 2 days prior when my friends set up dinner and a movie. I don't really celebrate my birthday much
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    I stopped celebrating my birthday after my 30th. My mom still calls to say happy birthday, and my husband will buy me a birthday gift, but that is about it.
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    My 21st birthday I worked, and went to bed by 7pm.
    This year hubby and I are going on a Mexican Cruise! Very excited!

Probably the first birthday I've done anything since I was like 16.
  • nursek_2010
    nursek_2010 Posts: 54 Member
    umm YESS! hello it's my birthday! :) i don't expect anything too crazy but at least a little fun with fam & friends! :)
  • oOxXxOo
    oOxXxOo Posts: 75 Member
    I have done nothing at all since my 21st. My 30th my son was fighting cancer, seemed wholly inappropriate to celebrate anything. I am now 34...I plan on spending my 40th in Paris (I live in Australia).