Bad things that have happened since I starting losing weight

Options

Replies

• fitatforty3
    fitatforty3 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    These are awesome and too funny, thanks I needed this, a great way to start my weekend. Congrats to all of you.
  • missimplicity
    missimplicity Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Love this thread! I've lost 58 lbs total (new to MFP).

1. I spent the entire summer in skirts and dresses because all my work pants are hideously big.
    2. I can wear spandex!
    3. I have to buy new shoes because my feet have shrank.
    4. I eat mostly clean without having realized that's what I was doing.
    5. I'm an inspiration to people (who me?!)
    6. I have more confidence
    7. My children love to exercise with me. :)
  • crystalbishop5059
    crystalbishop5059 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My 10 year old daughter is starting to miss her 'Mom-pillow'. She whinged the other night that it was getting smaller.
  • Redheadllena
    Redheadllena Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    :wink:

While getting in shape is great, it's not without it's downside. With tongue planted firmly in cheek, I present my list of the top "bad" things that have happened since I began getting fit:

1. I need to buy a new wardrobe - my clothes are too big!
    2. I'm an introvert, and am embarrassed by the compliments I receive regarding how my appearance has changed.
    3. Exercise has made my "bum knee" stronger so I can't use it to get out of heavy labor any more.
    4. My stamina has increased, so when my daughter wants to play, I can't use the "daddy's too tired" excuse any more.
    5. I am no longer too heavy for my household ladder's rating, so I have to get to all those high up chores now.
    6. I have more energy, so I don't get to sleep in as much (I wake up early and full of energy...)
    7. I'm hurting the economy because I use less soap when I shower.
    8. #7 again, but this time because I no longer need BP meds.
    9. I need to get my wedding ring re-sized so it won't fall off my finger.
    10. When I catch my reflection out of the corner of my eye, I have no idea who it is.

What are some of the "bad" things that you've noticed?

Love this :)
  • slatts75
    slatts75 Posts: 32
    Options
    My jeans aren't tight enough any more.

I stood up quickly on Saturday and my phone flew out of my back pocket - bit scratched but thankfully no cracked screen.
  • amirahdaboss
    amirahdaboss Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    having to constantly walk around with a hand on your pants to keep them from falling to the floor
  • YaMon22072
    Options
    What a great post. I never thought that I would hope for bad things to happen to myself, but now I really am. Congratulations!.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    It takes a lot more to get my heart rate up and my legs give out before my lungs do.

During 45 minutes of Zumba, my heart rate never reached 100 and I thought I was really moving!
    After riding my bicycle up a big hill, my heart rate was around 120. (Last year, I couldn't even make it up that hill. Yesterday, I made it 4 times!)
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    My 10 year old daughter is starting to miss her 'Mom-pillow'. She whinged the other night that it was getting smaller.

I jokingly complained about this to my husband--he has lost a lot of his tummy and now I can't lie across the couch and rest my head on his stomach anymore. Poor me!
  • snowwhitemeow
    Options
    best thread I have ever seen in my entire life
  • slatts75
    slatts75 Posts: 32
    Options
    I just completed day 8 of level 1 30DS. My neck is feeling paranoid about never getting invited to the party.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,002 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • icklistpiklist
    icklistpiklist Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    An annoying little jingle follows me around all the time. Realised that it's my engagement and wedding rings knocking against each other!

Having to read the whole of this brilliant thread this morning, so now will be late to work...
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    When I lay on my side with my legs on top of each other, my knees start to hurt because there is much less fat padding the bones.. Weird, I know..

It's not just me! This is my biggest complaint about losing weight. Totally worth it, though.
  • kevinjb1
    kevinjb1 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Couple of new ones:

- Shaving over an adams apple is treacherous work.
    - I always use too much soap in the shower
    - My running shoes are muddy because a little rain won't keep me off the trails
  • Shannonthompson73
    Shannonthompson73 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Yes, there are so many irritating things about being a smaller person…
    My 16 year olds cute jeans fit me- I guess that is irritating for her not me :)
    My in laws were scandalized on the family vacation this year when I broke out my first bikini ever (my husband had a different reaction)
    My husband touches me inappropriately in public
    My poor dog has to pick up the pace on our walks
    I crave snap peas and hummus
    I keep buying pants that are too big for me
    I have more energy and have to find things like pulling weeds and cleaning closets to burn it off

Sigh.

I love this thread!
  • saturnmaiden
    saturnmaiden Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this list!!!!
  • bikiniaday
    Options
    Walking through the house and shorts fall to ankles! LOL Seriously!
  • saturnmaiden
    Options
  • saturnmaiden
    Options
    I'm cold ALL the time! Winter was almost unbearable for me because I was so cold. I guess having 92 extra pounds really makes you hot!

Also, this isn't a bad thing but surprising...when people hug me they feel closer! It was weird trying to adapt to the closeness of a hug.

You say that you were more cold in the winter. Curious.... were summers more bearable? I almost DIE in the summer and dehydrate very quickly even though I drink a lot of water. I really want to be more comfortable in the summer. And regarding the hugging... I can TOTALLY understand how you would feel closer to someone. I can't wait for that!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!