80 lbs gone and a new attitude gained

Options
quicklabs
quicklabs Posts: 254 Member
I've been working at this for just over a year now. I was frankly sick and tired of being sick and tired. And I looked so darned old and dumpy. I hated looking for clothes, or getting my picture taken, or even just looking in the mirror. So, decided to do something about it. I started eating healthier, less processed food, watched portions, started doing some exercise (elliptical and stationary bike) A year later, I've decided that I will never, ever go back to looking like that woman again.
I will turn 56 years old next months, but I haven't felt this good since I was in my 30s. I'm happy to have earned every wrinkle and gray hair, but hope that I don't look like that old woman I used to see in the mirror each morning.

Here's me in July, 2012. I went on a Segway tour with my high school girlfriends. It killed me just to stand on that machine for 1 hour.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/lleepoole/Weight loss/Segwayheavy.jpg[/img]

And here's me in July, 2013. I have my own bike now. Yesterday, I rode for 28 miles and still had tons of energy.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/lleepoole/Weight loss/Bikenow.jpg[/img]

I would have never posted a picture of myself a year ago, much less taken a "selfie" (is that what you young whippersnappers call it? LOL) with no make up on, just ready to go for a ride. Check out the guns! LMBO!

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/lleepoole/Weight loss/usaf.jpg[/img]

Here's me, probably not even at my heaviest, in April, 2012, at 230 lbs. I always dressed in drab colors, trying to disappear. Dress size is a 2x.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/lleepoole/Weight loss/DisneyFantasy.jpg[/img]

Here's me going to dinner last night, at 150. I still need to lose around another 12 to 15 lbs, and I'm working on toning up using Zumba and free weights. It's so fun wearing colorful, fun clothing. Dress is a size 10. Waist is 10 inches smaller; hips 9.5 inches smaller, and bust 6.5 inches smaller.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/lleepoole/Weight loss/Dress2now.jpg[/img]

Thanks for looking! Hope these inspire some of the older ladies out there to know that yes, it's possible to live healthier, better, and maybe even look a little younger and happier.

Replies

• ezziepug
    ezziepug Posts: 57
    Options
    You look AMAZING and younger too!
  • daisymae850
    daisymae850 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Wow what a difference! You look fantastic!
  • tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    great job! love your smile!
  • fitatforty3
    fitatforty3 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You look awesome congrats
  • Leebett
    Leebett Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I think you lost 20 years with the pounds! Congratulations on your hard work and success!
  • pspenc90
    pspenc90 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT!
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    You look so beautiful and that smile tells a thousand words! well done and great inspiration! :flowerforyou:
  • quicklabs
    quicklabs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I think you lost 20 years with the pounds!

This just made me tear up! Thank you!
  • hpilon27
    hpilon27 Posts: 43
    Options
    Nice work -- keep riding!
  • SherryL0419
    SherryL0419 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Reading this and looking at your pictures made me smile and brought happy tears to my eyes!! Fantastic job and thank you for sharing!! Such an inspiration!!! :smile:
  • oceanblue6
    oceanblue6 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    wow! you look amazing and happy!
  • Kxgz
    Kxgz Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and like a much happier younger former you : ) Thinking that doesn't make sense, but you get the point....you look wonderful in all aspects : )
  • nellyb2011
    nellyb2011 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You are awesome! you are phenomenal- thanks for sharing such an inspiration.
  • tasharock
    tasharock Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Wonderful, I bet the pups enjoy the new you, too!
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Awesome - Amazing transformation!
  • b7bbs
    b7bbs Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing! I've been meaning to get myself a bike. I am a little afraid to ride it where I live. Lots of hills which will be a positive challenge; however, I just haven't ridden a bike in years and will have to find my balance again.

Anyways...you look fantastic, and so beautiful in that colorful dress.....I want that dress; its so pretty.
  • b7bbs
    b7bbs Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing! I've been meaning to get myself a bike. I am a little afraid to ride it where I live. Lots of hills which will be a positive challenge; however, I just haven't ridden a bike in years and will have to find my balance again.

Anyways...you look fantastic, and so beautiful in that colorful dress.....I want that dress; its so pretty.

My goal is to lose 80 lbs. you're inspiring.
  • hmseals77
    hmseals77 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You look amazing!!
  • sukiwabi
    sukiwabi Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    My god, what a transformation! You're positively beaming in your after photos. You are a star!!! :bigsmile:
  • samjoy
    samjoy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic! You have transformed physically and mentally! Would love to add you as a friend for inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!