Replies

• shayemimi
    shayemimi Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    bump to read later :)
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    It's kind of funny the way the article was received in this thread. On the Jessica Biel thread, it was called "BS" and other stuff..
    I find it interesting (and disappointing, as I stated on the other ^^ thread... I always thought Mila Kunis was hot.. but she doesn't have a bum.. what's up with that?! LOL)
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Checking in to try read after work...
  • sukiwabi
    sukiwabi Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Save for later..
  • mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I'm not overly overweight. I am very muscular naturally (from my birth father) so it says to just keep dieting. So, I will!
  • krissielynn_87
    krissielynn_87 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    That was a very interesting article that was pretty informative. That flow chart needs some work though. Or maybe I just haven't had enough coffee yet.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    6. Faster pace – you want dense sessions that are metabolically demanding. There’s no need to rest longer than 90 seconds, as you can employ paired supersets that combine non-competing lower body and upper body movements. A 60 second rest period is the usual here.

I don't know if it's because I haven't had my full cup of coffee yet, but can someone elaborate on this bit? Specifically the "you can employ paired supersets that combine non-competing lower body and upper body movements"?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Interesting, but I don't feel that I've come away with any solid advice from the article.

Seriously? I thought it was an excellent article packed full of good advice. :drinker:

Agreed
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Agreed, this is a really good read. I think it's important to note that he recommends that everyone start out the same and then, when they get down to a look they're beginning to not prefer, change it up . . . but still keep lifting.
  • missmidge84
    missmidge84 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this. I'm 5 weeks into his Strong Curves program and am really liking it.
  • MissOaks
    Options
    Awesome article and very informative! Thanks!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    6. Faster pace – you want dense sessions that are metabolically demanding. There’s no need to rest longer than 90 seconds, as you can employ paired supersets that combine non-competing lower body and upper body movements. A 60 second rest period is the usual here.

I don't know if it's because I haven't had my full cup of coffee yet, but can someone elaborate on this bit? Specifically the "you can employ paired supersets that combine non-competing lower body and upper body movements"?

It's like following a set of squats with a set of OHP instead of squat set, squat set, squat set....
  • phytogurl
    phytogurl Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Great informative article, thanks for sharing!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    That is one of the best, if not THE best fitness article I've ever read.
  • kittenful
    kittenful Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this article. I'm not quite there, yet, but it's nice to have a new perspective for a slight concern that's waaay down the road.
  • chai_masala
    chai_masala Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Because of the pics, this link is not safe for work! Learned the hard way ><
  • mkwongh
    mkwongh Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing :)
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options

You don't have to sit on the bench staring at the clock for 90 seconds between sets of an exercise if you do a super set. You can do 10 push ups, wait 60 seconds, and then do 10 seated rows. Your muscles are actually getting more rest, but you're moving faster and burning more calories.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    bump