Embracing my "8"

Options
1235»

Replies

• AshleyM71
    AshleyM71 Posts: 3,029 Member
    Options
    Ok. Thread has gotten off. Nasty. Plus, everyone who unjustly accuses me of fishing should know that you all have been posting under "fun and games". People can be cold and nasty and ugly instead of supportive. I'm pulling myself out of my own thread. Sheesh. My faith in humanity is shaken sometimes.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    there_there-27984.gif
  • HahnTBeth
    HahnTBeth Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    there_there-27984.gif

Bahahahahaha
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Being called an 8 can be a good compliment or though of as a slap in the face. If you think you are better than an 8 then you may think being called an 8 is bad, because you were expecting a higher number. If you think you are less than an 8 or think you are an 8 then someone else telling you they think you are an 8 could be nice, because you may see someone thinking of you as an 8 as a compliment or the person confirming what you thought in the first place. Which means you were right and who doesn't like to be right? So I think most of the time it depends on the person being called the 8. It also depends on if you know the person who called you an 8 and know what physical type of people they view as an 8 and if you find those people attractive or not.
  • JessicaBR13
    JessicaBR13 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    there_there-27984.gif

Omg best gif ever! Thanks for the laughs!
  • JesseDP00
    JesseDP00 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    8's are AWESOME...you have 2 holes and LOTs of curves!

hahahaha
  • KelleyGirl74
    KelleyGirl74 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    The reality is that we are...or should be...online for support and motivation. How ever you get your motivation....that's up to you. It's sad when, especially women, passive aggressively attack...make nasty comments and unjust accusations. Jabs and mean comments make someone look uglier than they are. Just throwing that out there

Agreed.
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Huh. I've never been numbered. I must be doing something wrong :huh:
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    My guess is it was a five telling you that you were an eight hoping to tap into your inherent self esteem issues (made obvious by the fact you posted this to begin with) and get you to let him into your pants in an effort to rebuild your self esteem...

IMHO
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    An 8 is a solid B, I'd be happy with it. haha
    7 and lower and you're in trouble though.
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Did you expect to be a 10? If so, are your standards to high? If they are great, I personally think I am beautiful, but i'm sure there are quite a few people who don't agree with me, I don't care.

I think you should totally embrace you, with out a number, but if a number is needed and someone else called you an 8, I'd take it. Had whoever quantified you as an 8, had said a 4 then maybe you should be concerned. :)
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    FYI- Rating scale was changed to a 0-12, at least you're in the top 50%?
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Well damn society has us so conditioned to be a space to all sorts of numbers. We need to be happy in our own skins.. But being told by someone (especially someone who they themselves are not "all that")... Stings just a little. Lets just keep to big and tightening our bids and strive to ge that person at our High School reunions that people say, "wow! I never noticed how hot they were back then!" :p

Nevermind. That was harsher than I I'd like to be.
  • luckyshilling
    Options
    I have never participated in that one, cuz to be honest, I'm afraid I would let it affect me no matter how hard I try to rise above caring what others think. You are braver than me...and have better legs:flowerforyou:
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    8 is definitely a compliment. It's higher than I would rate myself!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Whenever I want to feel pretty, I just visit the prison instead of making threads on the interweb phishing for compliments
    lol
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    When I looked at your profile picture, I was struck by how powerful and confident you look. It's normal to want to feel beautiful, but don't let it drag you down. You appear to have a lot going for you.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    wiggle_5.gif

Ha-- seriously.
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Grading is a bell curve. If we speak honestly most people would be 4,5, or 6. A few would be 8 or 2, yet even far fewer are 10 or 0. You beat the average, you should feel good about yourself instead of wondering why you're not a 10.