Coffee drinker?

Options
Love coffee & looking for a "healthier" way to drink it? instead of adding those creamers & ****, I added cinnamon & vanilla extract to mine today..& loved it!

Replies

• moepwr
    moepwr Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I started with cream and sugar. I started adding less and less sugar. Then less and less cream. Now I drink my coffee black! And since it's only 2 cals I can drink 3-4 a day! It took about 6 months but now I can't stand anything in my coffee.
  • jaymie_x0
    jaymie_x0 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I started with cream and sugar. I started adding less and less sugar. Then less and less cream. Now I drink my coffee black! And since it's only 2 cals I can drink 3-4 a day! It took about 6 months but now I can't stand anything in my coffee.

Good for you! :smile:
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    black for me
  • armadillolabrat
    armadillolabrat Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I also previously drank my coffee with sugar but started decreasing the amount of sugar I would use. It only took 2-3 weeks for me to stop using sugar in my coffee. Now I feel that I get the true essence of what each type of coffee actually tastes like. Cinnamon is also good.
  • JamericanBoy
    JamericanBoy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Black and as much I want. Caffeine is my friend and I am not worried about the calories. In fact I think it has tweaked my metabolic rate and increased my overall weight loss.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,585 Member
    Options
    Great idea. I love me some coffee and drank it black for years but DH turned me on to International Delight Coffee Creamers... so tasty...

Will try the cinnamon and vanilla extract.

:smile:
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Creamer all the way, especially white chocolate macadamia or white chocolate raspberry.
  • jaymie_x0
    jaymie_x0 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Black and as much I want. Caffeine is my friend and I am not worried about the calories. In fact I think it has tweaked my metabolic rate and increased my overall weight loss.

straight black coffee is a great diuretic
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    black coffee or gtfo
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options

straight black coffee is a great diuretic

I drink my coffee black, too. I also used to think that coffee was a strong diuretic. I found out that I was actually wrong, however, and its diuretic properties are grossly overstated.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    black coffee or gtfo

+1
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Black, unless it's bad coffee. Then half of one of those little containers of cream.

You need to drink 600mg of coffee for it to be an efficient diuretic, so unless you're drinking 6 cups of coffee a day you're probably fine.
  • mjeanae125
    Options
    Soy milk and stevia for me!
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Black, unless it's bad coffee. Then half of one of those little containers of cream.

You need to drink 600mg of coffee for it to be an efficient diuretic, so unless you're drinking 6 cups of coffee a day you're probably fine.

1) why would you even drink bad coffee?
    2) who drinks less than 6 cups of coffee per day? I drink 6 cups of coffee before breakfast.
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Love coffee & looking for a "healthier" way to drink it? instead of adding those creamers & ****, I added cinnamon & vanilla extract to mine today..& loved it!

I'm gonna try the vanilla extract alternative. Thanks for the tip.

8488541.png
  • lumpy_spaceprincess
    lumpy_spaceprincess Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    with skimmed milk and brown sugar or vanilla or peppermint, depending on my mood!
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options

1) why would you even drink bad coffee?
    2) who drinks less than 6 cups of coffee per day? I drink 6 cups of coffee before breakfast.
    1. Because even bad coffee is coffee and therefore good. Sometimes it can't be helped, my favorite breakfast restaurant has the absolute worst coffee. But the food is so good I deal with it.

2. You need help.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    1equal 1sweetnlow and half and half
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I can drink a whole carafe just plain black fresh ground dark roast :love:
  • frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    god i used to drink black coffee like it was no ones business

but my current boyfriend introduced me to full cream cappuccinos (breves i think theyre called)

so now i just barely drink coffee cuz its not the same