Replies

• StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    You look amazing sweetie!!!
  • nijeka
    nijeka Posts: 28
    Options
    You look amazing! Thanks for sharing....you are definitely an inspiration! I want to try the challenges (pushup/situp) website you posted....I need something to start off slow w/out me getting discouraged....sounds like that may be the way to go! I have arthritis in my knees and hips, so can't do anything too strenuous on the legs, which limits alot of what I can do, but I'm trying!!!!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! Such a reaction from everyone means so much to me!!

LaughingDani
  • laughingdani
    Options
    You look amazing! Thanks for sharing....you are definitely an inspiration! I want to try the challenges (pushup/situp) website you posted....I need something to start off slow w/out me getting discouraged....sounds like that may be the way to go! I have arthritis in my knees and hips, so can't do anything too strenuous on the legs, which limits alot of what I can do, but I'm trying!!!!
    All you have to do is move a little more each day and it will make a difference!
    You are trying and that's what matters!

I love this quote:

"The greatest sadness is not that you have tried and failed, but that you have failed to try." -R. Nixon

How many times have we done that in our lives?
  • cts62
    cts62 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You look marvelous! All your hard work has paid off...isn't Zumba great. It was reshaped my body. Thanks for sharing your success.
  • sal05
    sal05 Posts: 11
    Options
    Just looking at those pictures gives me a lot of motivation............Pictures alone can say a million words. You look great! Keep up the great work. Cant wait to be able to post pics for my 50 lb loss.
  • laughingdani
    Options
    Thanks so much!!
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    Amazing progress! I'm thinking of doing Zumba.
  • laughingdani
    Options
    Thanks! You should definitely try Zumba! It is sooo fun!
  • Shel2Peru
    Shel2Peru Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Did you just join like me....I have a long ways to go too....would love to be friends to encourage one another!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    So awesome! So happy for you!
  • tfagler
    tfagler Posts: 30
    Options
    Awesome encouragement! Thanks for sharing! You are so true about doing this for your self.
  • laughingdani
    Options
    Thanks to all of you! It means so much!
  • tm035
    tm035 Posts: 1
    Options
    Wow very inspiring
  • jeweljade
    Options
    wow good job!!
  • laughingdani
    Options
    Thanks so much! :smile:
  • laughingdani
    Options
    So, I have been putting off posting progress pics for a while. I promised myself and MFP friends I would post them @ 50 pounds lost...so here goes! First up, the dreaded before pics!
    142597_5204.jpg

This next one is the one that made me want to REALLY do something. My mom took this pic at a party and tagged me in it on Facebook. I was mortified!!!!
    142597_7990.jpg

The first time I started feeling good about the way my body looked...also around the time others started to notice a difference in the way I looked.
    142597_1183.jpg

Here's a pic with me wearing those damn khaki pants from the (2nd) before pic! They were a size 18!!! I got rid of those things the day I took this pic!!
    142597_1690.jpg

This is me after my 3rd 5k this year in June! I weighed about 177 in this one I think! I also place 5th in my division at this race! I was amazed!
    142597_3257.jpg

The day I got reacquainted with my collar bones!
    36757_408513326233_524036233_4606906_2649450_n.jpg

The last 3 were all taken this morning! I am wearing my new Zumba shirt that my instructor gave me last night for all my hard work and dedication.
    l_f70a3e14fdb2466eb4d751b14dcb873c.jpg

Side view!!
    l_91128f8d8cdb4540bfddf281cbd93608.jpg

Showing off the guns!! Courtesy of the 100 Push-Up Challenge!
    l_7df1d89195e44a7286d2dfde377817d4.jpg

My only secret is do this for YOU!! You cannot wait for someone else to do it for you! I was a member on this site for a year before I finally figured that out this January. The best thing of all is I have done this without stepping foot in a gym. When I run, I go to the park and run laps. I do Zumba at a local dance studio, where I am now helping to co-teach. At home I love to do Jillian Michaels "30 Day Shred" and Billy Blanks kicks my butt in his "Billy's Boot Camp" DVD's.

I still have about 29 pounds to go to get to my goal weight. My goal right now is to get to 135 by November. That would put me in a healthy weight range; I am 5'2. As of today I have lost a total of 51 lbs and I weigh 164; which puts me in the overweight category out of the obese category for the first time in my life in 5 years. I am in a size 10 pants right now and those are getting loose quickly!

I want to take the time to thank all my friends here on MFP who have stuck by my side through thick and thin...literally. And never hesitate to give an encouraging word if need be. I only hope that you all can say the same about me as well!
    More pics when I get to goal weight!

--LaughingDani:laugh:
  • determined4ever
    Options
    Very proud of you! You are a testament to what can happen with a little hard work and perserverance....I started my journey @ 244 pounds...size 18W on August 1...I'm down 24 lbs so far and still want to lose about 76 more. Keep working hard, you'll get to your goal weight....God is good all the time! Thanks for posting...it's great to get inspiration from others!
  • laughingdani
    Options
    Thank you! I am hoping to get to goal by Christmas this year!

Way to go on your loss so far! You will get to your goal as well. Just keep up the great work.....
  • Alyshe
    Alyshe Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    looking good !!! Keep up the good hard work. You have done so well and have accolmpished so much. Proud of you. :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!