She's hotter than me?

Options

Replies

• RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Yep you look pretty hot to me all the way over in London too!!

I'm adding you too. Just keep doing what your doing.
  • vet272
    vet272 Posts: 183
    Options
    Me and my boyfriend both comment on people we think look good in general. Might be because they have nice hair, nice clothes, nice figure etc.
    It's not a put down on either one of us.
    That said, if either of us were uncomfortable with it, we are close enough to let the other know it and we would stop.
    Simples lol
  • kasimarie29
    kasimarie29 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Yep you look pretty hot to me all the way over in London too!!

I'm adding you too. Just keep doing what your doing.

lol why thank you.
  • Rawr1978
    Rawr1978 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    have you ever told him that these comments bother you?
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    There will always be someone hotter, fitter, younger, prettier, smarter...that's life! Just sort out your weight and look the best version of yourself that you can, that's all you can control.

This.

Of course, losing the weight will make you feel better about yourself, and give you more self confidence, and that is great. But he is always going to think some celebrity is hot. This shouldn't have anything to do with how he feels about you.
  • labeachgirl
    labeachgirl Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    well i know he still thinks i'm beautiful. I mean ]b]he tells me all the time that though there are skinnier maybe a tad prettier women he enjoys to look at, that he loves me and I'm still beautiful and he finds me attractive.[/b] He really doesn't mean it to hurt me i know that. But I'm also bipolar to some extent and I can't always control my emotions

I think when you talk to him you should turn it around on him saying "though there are a tad hotter guys that you like to look at and [his biggest insecurity], that you love him and think he's goodlooking". See how bringing up the thing he's insecure about as a negative that you have overlook because you love him goes over, I don't think it would sit well with him either.
  • RacerX_14
    RacerX_14 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I would never tell my wife that some chick on TV is hottest woman on Earth over her. No. Not. Ever!! BTW you are pretty hot looking yourself.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    It's okay that some of you don't agree with what I post. I'm not looking to please evverybody. And I defend my boyfriend because I'm in love with him...
    I know I'm not the only one that does it.

No, people complain about their significant others only to defend said person from "attacks" on here all the time. People want advice until they realize that they actually don't.
  • melimama2
    melimama2 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    have you ever told him that these comments bother you?

^^THis. Added you too...
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I've been married 7 years.

My husband has the hots for Natalie Portman. He thinks she's amazing the most hawt chick eva.

No matter what- I'll never be that petite, I'll never have her brown eyes, or beak like nose. Granted, she's hot.

Do I care? Nah, what's the chances of him ever seeing her in real life anyway?

Besides. My boobs are bigger :)

So who does he think is the hottest chick on the planet? I'm just curious.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend sends me pictures of models on facebook saying 'omg she's perfect!' but maybe he does this because i'm bisexual, idk? ... and i'm just like, yeah, she's pretty, or 'yeah i know' but it bothers me. Maybe you should let him know it bothers you?

And you're OK with that?? I think that's really disrespectful and classless.. I guess to each their own.

edit: ...unless he's trying to suggest a 3-way? I don't know.. lol

tumblr_mg6emuhoie1rjogbao1_500.png
  • michcor
    michcor Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    well definitely not gonna break up thats for sure. We've been together for almost 5 years, and neither of us have done anything more than said hurtful things to eachother and I'm sure all couples do that. He's not meaning to hurt me I know that because he apologizes after I tell him it hurts me. I think west coast is right, that he's so comfortable with me that he doesn't notice that he's hurt me.

And another thing I forgot to mention, is that I find other girls very attractive myself and he knows this. So it also could be that since I find women sexually attractive just as men do, he may feel more comfortable saying that to me... I mean, it had never hurt my feelings until I got overweight... It could just be my low self estteeem

If you want to rationalize your BF being disrespectful to you, then why bother posting at all? What he is doing is disrespectful. Period. Either you don't care and allow it, or you speak up and tell him it bothers you/makes you insecure/hurts your feelings. If he doesn't stop.. that should be a sign to you.

I agree. He is being completely disrespectful to you. But I know you guys are young you're going to keep defending him. Honestly though, if he apologized after the first time you told him it hurt you, why does he continue to do it?

Just FYI: My husband would NEVER say that to me. Your boyfriend's behavior is not normal.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend sends me pictures of models on facebook saying 'omg she's perfect!' ... and i'm just like, yeah, she's pretty, or 'yeah i know' but it bothers me. Maybe you should let him know it bothers you?

I will. I'll have an actual serious talk with him, maybe if i explain it to him hell understand

Wait! You mean instead of mentioning that this bothers you over the 5 years you've been together you've come here to rant to complete strangers?
  • kasimarie29
    Options
    I've been married 7 years.

My husband has the hots for Natalie Portman. He thinks she's amazing the most hawt chick eva.

No matter what- I'll never be that petite, I'll never have her brown eyes, or beak like nose. Granted, she's hot.

Do I care? Nah, what's the chances of him ever seeing her in real life anyway?

Besides. My boobs are bigger :)

So who does he think is the hottest chick on the planet? I'm just curious.

Katy perry and then the one girl that plays in resident evil, forgot her name lol
  • HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    No, my husband would never tell me that to my face, even though I know he gets hot under the collar when Fergie is on TV and I blush when Ryan Reynolds comes on.

But telling your significant other than someone is the hottest person on the world...and its not them....that's disrespectful and insensitive.
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna be honest - If a girl friend started to get upset with small comments like: "Oh look how fit she is" to celebrities on TV I would probably end the relationship. I couldn't be with someone that emotionally demanding and frail. I like to have a laugh in relationships.

I notice how you didn't mention if he ever calls you beautiful, or that he loves you and cares about you, and is genuinely a nice person to you. If he doesn't then, meh, that's your call to make. If he does, remember that and remember that he probably means it to.

Lighten up, and I say that to the rest of you who are calling him a "jerk" even though you don't know what he is ACTUALLY like as boy friend.
  • ArtemisRuns
    ArtemisRuns Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Look him over pretty closely. No woman ever deserves to feel bad about herself. Period.
  • Rawr1978
    Rawr1978 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    oh, his behavior is completely normal for someone who hasn't been told, in complete seriousness, to knock it the eff off. Guys would pull it on me until I told them to try to get those girls. I had a rather big ego when I met my bf, so he already figured out not to say anyone was better than me.
    if this guy hasn't been told it bugs her, he's assuming it's fine to do.
  • kasimarie29
    Options
    I'm gonna be honest - If a girl friend started to get upset with small comments like: "Oh look how fit she is" to celebrities on TV I would probably end the relationship. I couldn't be with someone that emotionally demanding and frail. I like to have a laugh in relationships.

I notice how you didn't mention if he ever calls you beautiful, or that he loves you and cares about you, and is genuinely a nice person to you. If he doesn't then, meh, that's your call to make. If he does, remember that and remember that he probably means it to.

Lighten up, and I say that to the rest of you who are calling him a "jerk" even though you don't know what he is ACTUALLY like as boy friend.

Oh actually i did in a comment say that he is great to me other than that smal part of him hurting my feelings. He's wonderful actually.

and I agree. No one knows him personally so that's why I'm defending the bashing... he's not as bad as people think now... I wasn't trying to make him look bad at all. I guess I went about it the wrong way :/
  • patfriendly
    patfriendly Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I say lose the weight and show him you are just as good and see what difference it makes. Don't do it for him, do it for yourself.