Children: Why are people having 4+??

Options
merechai
merechai Posts: 7 Member
I'm not married and I don't have children, but my boyfriend and I live in a very populated city where people feel the need to have 5, 6, 7+ kids. These families don't appear to have the means to fiscally be able to meet their children's needs. We are wondering WHY?! Why do people feel the need to procreate beyond 2 or 3 children? I can understand 2 for sure and even 3, 4 seems a little crazy to me, but any more - that's insane and seems so unnecessary!
Anyone who has reasons for having 4+ kids, please let me know why! And if anyone else has some opinions, I'd love to hear them!

Replies

• mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options

Troll count: 1

Serious replies coming: 0

edit: oh, and Judgey McJudgmentpants: 1
  • LuckyMunky
    LuckyMunky Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Birth control failure, religion, love of children, etc. are all valid reasons why people have large families. I'm not surprised you don't really "get it" considering you don't have any children yourself and know just how much joy and happiness they can bring. Perhaps their parents are lonely or unhappy and want that unconditional love that a child (or many children) bring.

The bottom line though is that it's none of your business. Pay attention to what's happening in your own womb and forget about somebody else.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    The house ain't gonna keep itself clean.
  • Melsy7
    Melsy7 Posts: 30
    Options
    Here's an actual serious response to the question. In my sister in law's case, they apparently only figured out how to plan the 3rd child. #s 1, 2, and 4 were all accidental. 3rd time's the charm?
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options

Plus, I hate yardwork.
  • countryclowgirl
    countryclowgirl Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have four. I have one full blood sister, 3 younger step brother, 1 older step-sister and 1 older step-brother.
    After living with so many siblings I wanted that for my kids so thinking and talking it of with hubby we decided on 4. I believe it is the girl voice (and God) to choice how many kids she going to have.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options

30709bc3c9b060baf771c0b2e2626f95-snow-white-high-five_zps1f4dd4b1.gif
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    *fiscally* My eyes!!! They burrrrrrrrrn!
  • kaligrl1
    kaligrl1 Posts: 54
    Options
    I have 6 kids, my husband has twins and I have four children from my first marriage. We are financially stable and are able to meet our needs and our children’s needs. We are definitely not rich but we are not on government assistance. I think many families are blended now and a lot of women have taken places of “dead beat dads" there are tons of "dead beat moms" and the numbers of women who aren’t raising there own children continues to grow. I am an investigator and see these women who can care less about their children and care more about random men and drugs.
  • crazyeaCHANGED
    Options
    For some people having family is more important that a fancy car, fancy clothes, etc. Different people have different priorities. We had our first 3 when we were quite young (I was 22 for the first). Then all 3 were in school and we fealt like having another. And after that another, I guess to balance the 4th out.......

They have clothes on their back, food in their bellies, and a mother AND father that love them. I spend a lot of time with them, coach 4 in soccer.

Maybe 5 is a lot, but I couldnt imagine my life without any of them.

I could see this question though. Why have so many and then neglect them. That would be a totally different story.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    too many bedrooms in the house. dont let em go to waste!

also, welcome to mfp.
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I'm not married and I don't have children, but

Stopped reading after this.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Clown Car Pic

Was thinking the same thing! :flowerforyou:
  • crazyeaCHANGED
    Options

Funny, and true to a point, but it's usually the kids messing it up..haha.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I take it you come from a small family or are an only child? My parents had 7 kids, they are University lecturers, they're not morons. Having a big family is wonderful and serious craic and we had a great childhood and a home filled with laughter and love. It's great to have many people to rely on and that you can go to when you need a chat or a hug.

I don't think you should have any kids, you're obviously a bit of a judgey-holier-than-thou person. Doesn't sound fun to me.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options

Ha!!!!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    tumblr_luouwj4WTm1qafx5yo1_500.gif
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    OUR GOV'T KEEPS GIVING THEM FREE ****....

tumblr_m5pk60euMC1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

:laugh:
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I'm not married and I don't have children, but my boyfriend and I live in a very populated city where people feel the need to have 5, 6, 7+ kids. These families don't appear to have the means to fiscally be able to meet their children's needs. We are wondering WHY?! Why do people feel the need to procreate beyond 2 or 3 children? I can understand 2 for sure and even 3, 4 seems a little crazy to me, but any more - that's insane and seems so unnecessary!
    Anyone who has reasons for having 4+ kids, please let me know why! And if anyone else has some opinions, I'd love to hear them!

Here's an idea. Go on outside to your very overpopulated city and start asking some of these fine citizens who dont appear to have the means to fiscally be able to meet their children's needs all of the questions you just asked. Let us all know how that works out for ya. We are all eagerly awaiting your report.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Beats me.... it doesn't bother me, IF they can afford to take care of them. What I hate are the ones who keep having children they can't provide for, and getting more and more welfare with each additional child. When we (being D.I.N.K.'s) get screwed over every year at tax time, and hear of people who can't even keep a job, but are getting huge "refunds" because of all their kids, it really pisses me off :grumble:

childfree-poster.jpg
This discussion has been closed.