Children: Why are people having 4+??

Options

Replies

• FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Oh, I didn't realize that other people got to decide what or WHO was unnecessary when it has nothing at all to do with them. Wait, they don't!

if that was true anyone could get married

Yeah plenty of ppl decide what others can do. If other people didn't get to decide what others did then:
    Anyone could be married to anyone or anything.
    All drugs are cool if you can afford them.
    No minimum age drink.
    No minimum age to vote.

srsly this list is almost endless

You are going to compare marriage equality to doing drugs and drinking?
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I have 2, and that's all I want. I know that's all I can afford both financially and psychologically. Some people though, are much more stable than I am, and have a LOT more patience that I do. To each their own. I don't get it, but I don't expect them to understand why I only want 2...
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    The house ain't gonna keep itself clean.

LMFAO so much THIS!
  • iNkedFiTmama
    iNkedFiTmama Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Agree. MYOB.
    Birth control failure, religion, love of children, etc. are all valid reasons why people have large families. I'm not surprised you don't really "get it" considering you don't have any children yourself and know just how much joy and happiness they can bring. Perhaps their parents are lonely or unhappy and want that unconditional love that a child (or many children) bring.

The bottom line though is that it's none of your business. Pay attention to what's happening in your own womb and forget about somebody else.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    It is everyone's business when we're very seriously facing over-population and diminishing natural resources. Further, if these parents don't have the finances and mental capacity to raise their handfuls of children properly, the burden falls to the tax payers.

Ignorance should mind it's own business.

So a woman's right to choose only goes one way? Ok, that's cool. I have enough kids for both of us anyway. Added bonus: I get to raise them all however I like. :flowerforyou:
  • acheron03
    Options
    Oh, I didn't realize that other people got to decide what or WHO was unnecessary when it has nothing at all to do with them. Wait, they don't!

if that was true anyone could get married

Yeah plenty of ppl decide what others can do. If other people didn't get to decide what others did then:
    Anyone could be married to anyone or anything.
    All drugs are cool if you can afford them.
    No minimum age drink.
    No minimum age to vote.

srsly this list is almost endless

You are going to compare marriage equality to doing drugs and drinking?

wasn't really comparing. was really more about how other people already decide how others should act. I'm all for marriage equality idc if gays and lesbians get married or not if they want to get married bully for them :drinker:
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Because I love kids!!
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    How else do you create loyal armies for world domination?
    SarahCate79 I think I love you :flowerforyou:
  • sorcha1977
    sorcha1977 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Why do people without kids always question the choices of people who do? I have always wondered that.
    Funny....I've actually never asked a person with children WHY they had them, or why so many or few....but you'd probably be surprised at how frequently virtual strangers will ask child-free people questions, or give us flak about our personal reproductive choices.

It definitely goes both ways. Personally, I think its everyone's own business...but I understand the OP's thought process here, because I see way too many situations where people are having children they can't provide or, and don't take care of where I live.

Everyone is entitled to their opinon.

Precisely. And just because the OP isn't married and doesn't have kids doesn't mean her opinion is invalid or that she doesn't have a right to ask. I'm childfree (yaaaaaaaay!), but I still ask my friends parenting questions and kid questions because I'm genuinely curious, and they're always happy to talk about their kids and answer my questions. They never tell me, "Oh, you don't have kids? I'm just going to ignore your question now. Bye." That's rude.

For the record, I never ask, "OMG why do you have so many kids?!?" but I might ask something like, "How many kids would you like to have?" when they say they plan to have kids. I never just bring it up out of the blue or act nosy. It's always a response to their statement.
  • acheron03
    Options
    Because I love kids!!

As long as you don't drive a windowless van, I accept this answer
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I'm not married and I don't have children, but my boyfriend and I live in a very populated city where people feel the need to have 5, 6, 7+ kids. These families don't appear to have the means to fiscally be able to meet their children's needs. We are wondering WHY?! Why do people feel the need to procreate beyond 2 or 3 children? I can understand 2 for sure and even 3, 4 seems a little crazy to me, but any more - that's insane and seems so unnecessary!
    Anyone who has reasons for having 4+ kids, please let me know why! And if anyone else has some opinions, I'd love to hear them!

Why do people without kids always question the choices of people who do? I have always wondered that.

Because they don't have a child asking "mommy why?" questions every two minutes :laugh:

In all seriousness though, I am an only child, but was took of my mom until her dying day.

My husband and I have one, and as of right now, we don't want anymore (financially it doesn't make sense to have another one right now and we aren't sure we want anymore anyhow) but it does tick us off when we have to pay for people to use the system.
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Because they can
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    This whole thread is sad. Wow. Maybe people have kids because they want them. :noway:
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    It is everyone's business when we're very seriously facing over-population and diminishing natural resources. Further, if these parents don't have the finances and mental capacity to raise their handfuls of children properly, the burden falls to the tax payers.

Ignorance should mind it's own business.

:drinker:
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    **** off.

that is all.

I like you!
  • DiannaDeeley
    Options
    Er, it's none of your business?

However, be glad they are, or you're going to work until you die.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Er, it's none of your business?

However, be glad they are, or you're going to work until you die.

The children from the types of families the OP is talking about are unlikely going to be our big future tax payers.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    That's how the mormons intend on taking over the world. So it's kinda looking like that right to choose may become one way in the near future.

LOL my comment would probably get it shut down. But ROFLMAO @ a Mormon plan to take over the world.
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    To answer the "Why do you care?" questions.

Overpopulation.

Dwindling natural resources.

Strain on public education.

Strain on healthcare system.

The list goes on and on and on and on.

But that's all I'm saying. I'm positive I'm of the unpopular opinion in this thread.

This is pretty well what I was thinking too
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Its a shame your first post wasn't of the more typical type content that wouldn't invoke such a strong response from people. Wish you all the best with your journey.

My own opinion though is I don't care if people have 2 kids or 20. So long as they pay for them and support them with the love and attention they need. The second the state/I have to start paying for someone else's one/two/three too many, then that p*sses me off. I think its fantastic that I live in a country where young/single/unemployed parents can be given support/benefit if they need it. The problem is when the system is abused. However, your OP didn't really mention that, if its just about numbers and not about if they can support them then thats not your concern.
This discussion has been closed.