Ladies, have any of you bought/owned "goal" clothes?

Replies

• I havent bought any clothing for motivation.. Just clothing when the weight came off to celebrate... I'm thinking of buying a bikini to plaster on my wall (lol not really...hmmm maybe) to keep as motivation.. I plan on going to FL next summer and I wanna go on the beach..I haven't wore a bathing suit or gone swimming since i was 14ish. I'm 22 now. So it's like a big step for me.
  • danicaliforn1a
    danicaliforn1a Posts: 46 Member
    Yes, a pair of jeans and a bikini. The jeans I just fit into recently and that day was glorious let me tell you! The bikini I hung up on my bedroom door for months before a tropical vacation. Both of them seemed to help as motivation. But truth be told, there were times where I wanted a pair of nice jeans to go out and had a pair that were too small hanging around for my goal weight. I think it would be better if we just dressed in our size and stopped making ourselves feel fat and guilty.
  • Event_Horizon975
    Event_Horizon975 Posts: 226 Member
    Guilty- **sigh
    I've gotta get there!
    I think I may do a vision board for some motivation!
    Vision boards are a GREAT idea! Putting your goals in front of you is really smart! I bought a beautiful, sexy dress that is my goal dress. I cannot wait to wear it on a romantic evening out. :blushing:
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Has anyone purchased or owned a piece of clothing that motivates you to lose weight so you can wear it? I just found a dress I love in a size 16 (I'm a 26 now) and decided to order it because it was on sale and so I can have something to look forward to while I'm working out. Hopefully I'll end up smaller then that, but dresses normally last a little longer then other clothes and I can alter it down as I lose weight since I'm a good seamstress.

Has anyone else purchased or owned goal clothing?

Yes, in April 2013 I bought a pair of motivation jeans and would try them on every week. They really inspired me. I can not only wear them now, but they're getting too baggy. I need to buy another pair in the next size down.
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Half of my closet...:ohwell:

tumblr_m8u0hbQtnj1ranhnao1_250.gif
  • smesche
    smesche Posts: 234 Member
    I have a pair of capri's from 2006 that I want to fit into again. I also have a skirt that I bought a few years ago. When it came, it was cut smaller and I didn't like the way it fitted. I have both in my closet and every few weeks I try the capri's on to judge my progress. I can ALMOST get them up and over my rear. In April, i couldn't get them past my knees!
  • Debbjones
    Debbjones Posts: 278 Member
    Yes, I picked up a Michael Kors skirt once that was 2 sizes smaller than what I was wearing at the time. Sadly my weight dropped so quickly that when I tried it on it was a little too big. Now it hangs in my closet with the tags never removed as a reminder of what not to do!
  • NickeeCoco
    NickeeCoco Posts: 130
    Yes! A few months ago I bought a size 8 dress from H&M. Three weeks ago I was able to wear it to work! So, three weeks ago I bought a medium (juniors) dress that I couldn't do up. Last week I tried it on and the zipper went up only an inch from the top! They keep me motivated, but only if they are realistic.
  • hannamarie88
    hannamarie88 Posts: 231 Member
    Yes! I love goal clothes -- because I love clothes and it is motivating to see that I can soon wear these cute clothes if I keep pushing and working hard. I usually buy clearance rack things -- a great deal and motivation :D I have a pair of size 11 or 9 jeans from Target that I got way way long ago (juniors). They were clearanced and my size 13/15 self was determined to get into them. I never did :( But I really hope they are still there and I can wear them one day.
  • moni_tb_192
    moni_tb_192 Posts: 188 Member
    Yes I've owned some of these :D and they all fit now! Some of them are even loose! wohooo!

Right now I have a gorgeous green dress and a pair of size 8 jeans that are too tight. :P
  • Girlrose
    Girlrose Posts: 127 Member
    Yes, I absolutely do this! Over the years, I have reached goal outfits that no longer fit me (because I'm smaller). I just bought a few pairs of size 2 pants that are a little snug on me. They are my next goal!
  • nelinelineli
    nelinelineli Posts: 330 Member

^^ dresses, mini skirts, shorts (oh the horror when trying those on.....).
  • Ise1324
    Ise1324 Posts: 11 Member
    I've only bought a smaller belt...I have thought about it before but then I just tell myself that when I get to my goal I'm getting a WHOLE new wardrobe. that motivates me more for now a new belt hold my jeans in place LOL
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Yes, a number of jeans ( I used to always, ALWAYS, wear pants with elastic waistbands, for comfort) and belts. I have every confidence that they will fit in due time.
  • I have a blouse that I bought over a year ago when I was loosing weight. It was about a size to small at that time. Than the holidays came and I fell off the wagon you might say. The tags are still on it. My goal is to wear that blouse with it not sitting on my butt. I keep it hanging right in front so I will stay on track. Everyday I tell myself this is not just temporary this is a change of my life forever.
  • Ariberri9
    Ariberri9 Posts: 206 Member
    When I tone up, I'm going to buy a little black dress for a friend's wedding. I hope I look good in it!
  • Alyssah09
    Alyssah09 Posts: 357 Member
    I have a box of clothes from High School that are size 6-9. In 2009 I graduated and also had my first son and with that pregnancy I gained 100 lbs, YIKES!! I have subsequently had another baby and gained another 30 with that pregnancy. I am currently a size 16 and even though I may never wear what I wore in HS out in public, It would be nice to at least know that I can fit in to them. I think I am going to pull out a dress from the box and hang it up so I have something to look forward to
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    the pants in my closet range from a size 9/10 to size 14. I'm finally back into my size 9/10 and I'm so excited. They are tight, so that gives me incentive to keep going! I guess I better go buy a pair of 7/8 pants so I have something to work towards. This morning as I was trying to figure out what to wear to work I shuffled through hanger after hanger of pants that were too big. I would normally keep these "just in case" but this time I'm weeding them out. That way when my pants get too tight I have no choice but to pay attention!
  • 515GetFit
    515GetFit Posts: 8 Member

Me! Seriously I have soooo many clothes and am at the stage where only 40% of them fit! Once I get down 1 or 2 sizes it will be like christmas to get to have so many more options again!
  • 9jenn9
    9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
    Two goal items: a pair of slim fit size 6 shorts from gap. They are true to size and have no give in the material. When I can fit into those, I know I'll be a true 6. Also a snug dress I purchased for an upcoming wedding. I do fit into it, but I'd like to be able to take a deep breath while wearing it (and go without spanx)!