Water Fast

Options

Replies

• mellyish
    mellyish Posts: 253 Member
    Options

Lol, I'm actually not "hangry" nor hungry or whatever other silly way you want to say it.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9SfcHpYv7d6MucOTV0sxfymBVcso3rFdylqxaIfoimk4exfXY

They become irritable, frustrated, and often defensive. As this is a site where most members are aiming for calorie reduction, this happens often.

I'm actually quite happy right now, but thanks for the concern internet stranger :tongue:
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

I'm actually quite happy right now, but thanks for the concern internet stranger :tongue:

You're quite welcome, fellow internet stranger! :drinker:
  • 1213shell
    1213shell Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Water fasting can be a cure to Autoimmune disorders such as arthritis.

Sorry.....there is no cure for arthritis....there is no cure for arthritis....there is no cure for arthritis.
    As you know, additional weight is tough on the joints and it is highly encouraged by rheumatologists and the Arthritis Foundation to maintain a healthy diet and weight. I personally have rheumatoid arthritis and have lost 30 lbs in the last 2 years for this very reason. My rheumatologist would be horrified if I told her I was subsisting on nothing but water.
  • johnmike91
    johnmike91 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    33 hours in the books and counting! The pain in my hand has already gotten a little better (without medication)!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I wish common sense was more common....
  • mellyish
    Options
    33 hours in the books and counting! The pain in my hand has already gotten a little better (without medication)!

I'm at 37.5 hours myself, that is awesome congrats! :bigsmile: I can also say even with all the walking I did yesterday (4.25 miles) my knee pain is near minimal where usually I would have to elevate and take some meds by now.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

lolz.

IN!
  • 1213shell
    1213shell Posts: 37 Member
    Options

Ahhhhhh.....but the joint deterioration continues...........
    Truly, not a good idea.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    These kinds of posts are why kids should never be allowed on mfp's forums. EVER.
  • mellyish
    Options
    These kinds of posts are why kids should never be allowed on mfp's forums. EVER.

Awe look, you're assuming!
  • johnmike91
    johnmike91 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Only time will tell. Last Xray showed no joint damage according to the Doctor. I have pysoriatic Arthritis though, might be different than what you have.
  • mellyish
    Options
    Only time will tell. Last Xray showed no joint damage according to the Doctor. I have pysoriatic Arthritis though, might be different than what you have.

I sprained my knee badly 5 years ago and it never fully healed causing chronic pain, it's gotten better with weight loss but it will probably never fully go away.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

I said allowed. I know they are on here. But I'm saying MFP should not ever rescind it's 18+ only policy and parents should make sure their children are only using the counter, not participating on the forums.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Funny... I drink at least that much water every day, and EAT and I feel better than when I didn't drink as much water... maybe you're just dehydrated?
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

I said allowed. I know they are on here. But I'm saying MFP should not ever rescind it's 18+ only policy and parents should make sure their children are only using the counter, not participating on the forums.

Hear hear. I believe we had a thread about that just a day or two ago? Children often have bad ideas and don't respond well to be warned off of them. Then they go ahead and do it, and it can actually harm the community and those who are trying to help them. It's a big issue around here some days.
  • rowrunyoga
    rowrunyoga Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Well I am 28 hours into a water only fast to help my body heal. I slept pretty well last night and I am feeling pretty good. Most reports say at around day 3 I should see improvement with my arthritis. I'm drinkning around 120oz of filtered water per 24 hours and I lost 2.5 lbs. the first day!

This HAS to be a joke. This is a joke. Right?
    That 2.5lbs is likely water weight, that will be put back on once you resume eating.

I am going to hope this is a joke.

Gotta be.

Right?
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Well I am 28 hours into a water only fast to help my body heal. I slept pretty well last night and I am feeling pretty good. Most reports say at around day 3 I should see improvement with my arthritis. I'm drinkning around 120oz of filtered water per 24 hours and I lost 2.5 lbs. the first day!

This HAS to be a joke. This is a joke. Right?
    That 2.5lbs is likely water weight, that will be put back on once you resume eating.

I am going to hope this is a joke.

Gotta be.

Right?

Unfortunately, it seems to be real.
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    i'm 1 hour into a 3 hour water fast. So far ive drank 32 oz, aiming for 60 oz.

Hope this makes me lose weight faster and fix my knee, cause it hurts after the gym today.

amiright?
  • rowrunyoga
    rowrunyoga Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    * bangs head on wall, heads to bunker *

There is something to being properly hydrated to keep the body going... but uh... uh... wow.
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    I did a two day fast and I lost 6 pounds of water weight. I cleaned out everything without chemicals and I felt great. I wanted to flush all the medications I had been on out of my body and start new. As long as you are not running around and are resting, there is nothing wrong with a short term fast. I wouldn't do anymore than 3 days though. My limit was two because I am not driving and working when I am not fueling myself, its just not safe.