What kind of dog do you have?

Replies

• stacyhaddenham
    stacyhaddenham Posts: 211 Member
    Pomeranian/ Shih Tzu mix That is about 2 years old now. Got her as a puppy because the mix is fairly hypo allergenic and I have asthma. She is the dog in my profile pic.
  • mish24canada
    mish24canada Posts: 152 Member
    lol
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    <
    I have a rescue that I named Mojo. We are not sure exactly what he is but we think he's part beagle, part lab and part rhodesian ridgeback, and he knows he's handsome. Will seriously stare at himself in the mirror for hours :)
  • MORECHABLIS
    MORECHABLIS Posts: 164 Member
    A very sweet Blond Miniature Yorkshire Terrier.... 13 yrs old... So lovely...
  • rainydays5
    rainydays5 Posts: 217 Member
    Chocolate lab
  • Yorkie poo :)
  • BranMuffin86
    BranMuffin86 Posts: 314 Member
    Shorty - Terrier mix

Hercules - German Shepard Rot mix

Shorty's my main man tho :-) Had him for 12 years.
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    CaliforniaBarbie Posts: 346 Member
    I have 3..
    A brindle pit bull/lab mix, Alpha.
    A rescued pit bull/Shepard mix, Layla.
    And a brand new little black miniature poodle, Maxumis Leonidas. (Max)
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Lnj6ceE.jpg?1

A Pembroke Welsh Corgi named Zzyzx (my main squeeze! had him since he was a puppy, he's 4 now)

And that precious black and tan chihuahua named Lula, whom hubby rescued off the streets.

ETA: Picture :]
  • Black cocker spaniel can't show pic as just a black blob had a white boxer before but she died last August of cancer bless her, my cocker spaniel was my choice completely different nature,different everything,one thing in common a nutter so gets on great with our bunch, a house isn't a home without one :-)
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    I don't now but have had: Dachshund, Keishhound, Dalmation and a Rottweiler.
    Just 2 felines now.
  • ginnylee75
    ginnylee75 Posts: 29 Member
    I have two rescue dogs. One named Tola, Polish for priceless and she is. At first they said she was a Shepherd/Malonios mix. Her muzzle looked right. Then a lady that raised Norweign Elkhounds said she was at least half Elkhound. She may have some Chow in her background as she has some black in her tongue. She has the best nature. I don't know why her former owners didn't come looking for her as she had a lot of training at 6 months when I got her. She knew hand signals, knew the word search, sit, down, stay etc. Plus a real cutie. She has become a special needs dog. Hip, eyes thyroid. Guess that's why we have her. Someone knew we would never let her go.

My second dog is also a rescue. She is a Carin Terrier. She was at the Humane Society for 9 months. People kept returning her. I adopted her at 1 and 1/2 years old. I found out real fast why they returned her. Her name is Scrappy and she is. But she should have been named Miss Barks A Lot. She goes after Coyotes at the fence line then runs like crazy when they come back at her. The her big sister chases the Coyotes away. She has the best personalty and is a real lovey.

What's fun is to see the Terrier chase the Elkhound and bite her on her heels. All over a toy. Spoiled rotten and perfect.
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    4 Boxers...LOVE THEM ALL!!!!:love:

<
    Picture
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    ProgressNotPerfection32 Posts: 1,155 Member

My second dog is also a rescue. She is a Carin Terrier. She was at the Humane Society for 9 months. People kept returning her. I adopted her at 1 and 1/2 years old. I found out real fast why they returned her. Her name is Scrappy and she is. But she should have been named Miss Barks A Lot. She goes after Coyotes at the fence line then runs like crazy when they come back at her. The her big sister chases the Coyotes away. She has the best personalty and is a real lovey.

What's fun is to see the Terrier chase the Elkhound and bite her on her heels. All over a toy. Spoiled rotten and perfect.

I had a Carin Terrier, she is 13, she lives with my mom now due to one of my previous dogs attacking her. I'm sure she was guarding food or a toy or something! She has a nasty temper and a rough personality, but is very smart and sweet (with humans).
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,670 Member
    St. Bernhard

Yep. Best dog ever.

294773_535069709734_1430732271_n.jpg
  • Firemansam79
    Firemansam79 Posts: 416 Member
    2 German Shorthair Pointers
  • KokowithaK
    KokowithaK Posts: 88 Member
    wow its so nice that their are people like you in the world to resuce a dog

This. As someone who has worked with multiple rescues and currently on the board of directors for an organization that helps rescues and shelters...WE APPRECATE THE HECK OUT OF YOU! And for fosters, we love you all to bits!
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    I have Cheyenne, a gorgeous pit bull / lab mix. We rescued her and were looking for a pit bull or pit bull mix because they have such a bad reputation but we had researched and found that they are really a wonderful breed. She is the smartest and most loving dog I've ever had and I grew up with labs and golden retrievers.
  • Two chihuahuas and a Chow mix--all rescued, all fixed.
  • playitagainsam
    playitagainsam Posts: 84 Member
    I have a Boston Terrier named Oreo, or as I always call her...Orie-Butt!