Do you eat Breakfast?

Options

Replies

• ELEANOR43da
    ELEANOR43da Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    For me I have always been used to eating breakfast and find it boosts my energy. I guess being diabetic ,eating is a big part of my lifestyle. I don't overeat as I try to keep to 4 small meals throughout the day !
  • shelliemacs
    shelliemacs Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is my biggest meal. I eat my dinner the night before by 6pm so I am STARVING by 6 am. 6-8 egg whites with Ham and cheese a WW Bagel with WW Cream Cheese. MMMMMMMMMM
  • AutumnBreeze07
    AutumnBreeze07 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,585 Member
    Options
    Well, I agree with that but so many studies say that people who eat breakfast are thinner than people who don't. So I'm just wondering how true that is!
    Correlation isn't proof. Here's one: obesity has gone up since the Earth has been warming. So is warming the cause of obesity?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,585 Member
    Options
    To answer the OP, no I don't eat breakfast.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    maybe 5 times this year
  • dannyjimenez714
    Options
    I eat breakfast after I workout. I can't eat breakfast before my morning run or I'll get stomach cramps/side stitch.
  • NinjadURbacon
    NinjadURbacon Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    yes, always have. Feel sick if i skip it.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    When I am going to work then I will eat breakfast. If not going to work then I usually just mess around till noon before eating. But I don't wake up till 11:45 so is that breakfast or lunch ?
  • Shaazeeb
    Shaazeeb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    whey + cashew butter + banana = breakfast on the go
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I do, I guess- but not sure. I could eat almost as soon as I get up, but usually I have coffee and then breakfast around 10. On work days I eat early, like at 7...just depends I guess.
  • wamydia
    wamydia Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Well, I agree with that but so many studies say that people who eat breakfast are thinner than people who don't. So I'm just wondering how true that is!

I'm pretty sure that this is based on most people just doing better controlling their appetites throughout the day if they eat breakfast. When a lot of us skip, we get so hungry by lunch time that it triggers all day overeating. As you can see from these responses, it's not necessarily true for everyone. But eating breakfast doesn't automatically make you lose weight or anything like that.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I usually drink mine.

I learned during junior high that when I had a big breakfast, I kept shoving food in my mouth the rest of the day. I prefer to save calories for later so I don't end up blowing it out the first few hours of the day.

My basic eating advice is: if you're hungry, eat. If not, then don't.
  • sunfirelynn
    sunfirelynn Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast if I do it just makes me more hungry thru out the day. I do have 2 cups of coffee in the morning:ohwell:
  • ericdcruz118
    ericdcruz118 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    breakfast is pretty important really.. after sleeping for 6-8 hours, your body hasn't received any nutrients.. and eating as soon as possible after waking up will jump start your metabolism. and you may even consume less calories during lunch.

on the other hand, if you don't eat breakfast and when lunch time comes you might just reach for whatever it is available to satisfy your hunger..

just my thoughts. feel free to intervene and correct me if i'm wrong.
  • Ariberri9
    Ariberri9 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    If I wake up in time, I do. I feel much better when I eat breakfast (as long as it's healthy and well-proportioned).
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I'm amazed at the number of people who don't eat breakfast. I must have trained my body wrong or something, because on days I skip it, I am starving all morning. By 9:30, I could eat my desk. On days that I have a good breakfast (something solid with protein - not just a bowl of cereal), I can go until lunch time or past without being hungry.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is my favorite thing in the entire world. I love breakfast food (mostly, I'm a cereal addict). I love the way I feel after eating breakfast and then getting myself moving. I love the mental shift that breakfast allows for me to go from sleeping to being active. I love the privacy and quiet time of sitting down with a bowl of cereal.

Basically, it just works for me. I just have happy days when I eat breakfast. I love it so hard.
  • RosyBest
    RosyBest Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Since I have started eating breakfast this summer, I have lost almost 20 inches and over 8 lbs. In my opinion, I am alot more healthier and have more energy to burn calories now that I eat in the morning. It gives me fuel, as opposed to running on empty.
  • cspinato
    cspinato Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I never used to, but now that I do, I can't imagine not eating it every day. I have lost 30lbs. I have found that I need protein at breakfast. If I have just a carb like toast, it sets off hunger mode!