What kind of dog do you have?

Options

Replies

• hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    ETA: all pets were adopted from an Animal Hospital where I and my kids worked. They were unwanted for some reason or another, usually medical.

Giant Pit Bull Terrier, he's blue and white and when he was little I told people he was a rare Lavender Boston Terrier :laugh: His name is Cornbread Puddinhead Okra Catfish Pie....but we just call him Cornbread. For some reason, the kids keep telling people he's a Poodle mix :huh:

Australian Silky Terrier, his name is Bullet but when I'm lax with his grooming he's Knotty (pronounced NAW-tee, if you have a silky, you'll know why) Captain Mossybeard (his pirate name). That's him in my profile pic.

Min Pin named Monster, who's eaten more xylitol in his 10 short years with (thankfully and quite surprisingly) no ill effects, also has a nasty nicotine habit. How you ask?....well, he'll rob you blind. When people come to my house, all pocketbooks must be put up in a locked closet because he will eat all your gum, candy and cigarettes :huh: ok, so maybe he just chews up the butts.:blushing:

Spyder is a Chih but we call him Chucky Finster...he's afraid of *everything*....he's a little 'off'. Rain scares him beyond belief & he hides under my dishwasher like a mouse in a mousey hole :ohwell: Prozac did nothing for him, Thundershirt was underwhelming. We just let him be and he comes out when he wants to:ohwell: It's bizarre. :huh:

That's everyone with the exception of the cats... Yum Yum (nekkid Sphynx cat) Little (stray that one of the kids brought home from work) and Weezy (a stray that I brought home from work)
  • CharlotteTheCoffeeLover
    CharlotteTheCoffeeLover Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Australian shepherd named Leia
  • amluvstld
    amluvstld Posts: 212
    Options
    I have a pound puppy rescue. They say he is a large terrier breed mix. He kinda looks like a cross between Benji and the dog from the Firehouse Dog movie. Very shaggy and looks like he has an old soul.
  • JennytheWicked
    JennytheWicked Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My golden boy, Hunter

862705_10151252123657237_567538900_n.jpg?oh=ee347137ae75b3da1f0da90483e8d6e2&oe=520D473A&__gda__=1376596680_a2818525af610476cc29ea546486ede4

398931_10150665413277237_1024741130_n.jpg
  • bjams26
    bjams26 Posts: 7
    Options
    A picture that works. My pomeranian/border collie. Though husband recently thinks he may be papillion (part), instead.

s4yumx.jpg
  • Angal75
    Angal75 Posts: 13
    Options
    146 lb English Mastiff Lapdog! :D
  • hararayne
    hararayne Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I have a golden retriever! I'm hoping to get a golden/irish setter mix puppy in the next few months!

Love fluffy dogs that make me go for walks!
  • hararayne
    hararayne Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    My golden boy, Hunter

862705_10151252123657237_567538900_n.jpg?oh=ee347137ae75b3da1f0da90483e8d6e2&oe=520D473A&__gda__=1376596680_a2818525af610476cc29ea546486ede4

398931_10150665413277237_1024741130_n.jpg

He is gorgeous! My Tela is a faun colored golden. :)
  • nyssa1231
    nyssa1231 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    <-- me with our two pug babies! i love them to pieces.
  • WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    I have a black lab named Cooper. He pretty much thinks he's human lol.

6212_1175861431702_8016603_n.jpg
  • Getawayfromthecake
    Getawayfromthecake Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    This is Moo 1044207_10151440658525807_1814692640_n.jpg

She is a 9 year old Lhasa Apso, who I rehomed 18 months ago when her owners abandoned her. I love the breed because I grew up with two lhasa apso's, one of which was also a rescue dog.

They are loyal sensitive and loving dogs. She's my best friend!
  • BrensKimberly
    BrensKimberly Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    We have an 86 lb baby....he's a 9 year old black and brown brindle pit/lab mix who's starting to get grey around his muzzle
    such a sweet boy & the biggest chicken you've ever seen!
  • Tigermum9
    Tigermum9 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    dont have a dog but love all yours...so cute!!!
  • waipepe
    waipepe Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    2 Kelpie X, a sad story so to say

we went to a friends farm and then went to the farm next door. there was a dog on a chain. we went there a few times and the dog was always on a chain, very timid, crawling, some doggy dog house, fed scraps, etc. We just felt sorry for the dog. We took it off the chain for a walk and it was so well behaved, We checked the dog over (teeth, limbs, etc) and asked more questions as to why it was always on the chain. On our last day we asked if we could take the dog and they said yes. We put him in the car (hatch part), rolled down the windows as he stunk so bad and drove home (3 hrs). He was really stressed etc. Once we got home we let him out into the back yard, he found a hole in the fence ran off but once called he came back. Next morning he went to the vet for a check up and vaccinations. I think the vet was a bit horrified that we took this dog in. There was a lot we had to teach him; he has never been inside a house, never heard TV noise, washing machine or dryer noise, he thought the lead was a chain and did not want to come, never been to the beach, did not know what a bone was or good kibble, did not know how to react around other dogs. He is a very smart dog though. He learned everything very quickly but he is still afraid of some noises and sometimes just freaks out. He never bit anyone though no matter how scarred he was.

Now however he is a spoiled couch dog:)

The other dog is his sister, younger by 2 years. Same parents. The litter was given to the pound as they were unable to sell it. We called the pound and the whole litter (6 months old at that stage) was set to be put down that Friday morning. The people that put the dogs into the pound thought that the pound was a rescue society, geez. We asked for 1 dog to be set aside for us and we would pick it up Monday morning. We asked for the black male one. When we came to pick it up Monday morning ti turned out that the 1 black dog was a female. The adjustment with her was as with any normal dog. She was healthy and was never abused like the other dog and quickly became the princess.
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    We have two: Carlin is a blue heeler crossed with lab and Sparky is a pit bull crossed with a Jack Russell....yes you read that right, 70# of Jack Russell coming at you with no concept of pain, lol. They were both rescues. We got Carlin from the pound when he was 2 (now he's 15) and Sparky from the side of the highway when he was about 8 weeks old (now he's 5).
  • pzacher68
    pzacher68 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    We have a little Wal-Mart mutt, Sammy and a Great Pyrenees named George, 150 pounder.
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    <
    Boston terrier beagle mix. Dimitri the wonder dog. Why? Because the BF wanted a small dog, I wanted a big dog and he was the perfect compromise. Big dog in a small package.:heart:

Pics a little dark but he has a lovely brindle colour, people always assume he is a boxer pup (even if he is a year and a half now).
    We love him to bits, affectionate, snuggly, energetic and playful. Still working on him liking other dogs, he has a tendency to be leash aggressive, which sucks because he loves people. Other than that he is the perfect dog:)
  • HollieDollieeeex
    HollieDollieeeex Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    :heart: I have a beautiful white long haired Chihuahua.... LOVE her:heart:
  • bella24xo
    bella24xo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    i have a smooth coat border collie mix named ozzy... he is the little love of my life :)!!!!!!
  • kellyhdent
    Options
    << we have two... kona is a chocolate lab, and mia is a chocolate lab mix... two totally different dogs!