What kind of dog do you have?

Options

Replies

• HLSalter
    HLSalter Posts: 260
    Options
    I did have a sixth generation pedigree Cavalier king charles spaniel but she hated my son from the second I brought him home from the hospital so she lives with my housebound mum now
  • kellyhdent
    Options
    Shadow: 3 year old Weimaraner (LOVE LOVE LOVE this breed)
    Shoni: 1 year old Pomtese (Pomeranian/Maltese Mix)

Both are spoiled ROTTEN and getting on my last nerve today, but I love them.
    I love Weim's! I miss mine all. the. time.
  • JennytheWicked
    JennytheWicked Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Aww. I love the fawn color!

I'd never seen a ginger golden before. I constantly get asked if he's an irish setter
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    I have an Australian Shepherd.

He has a ton of energy. All the time.
  • Melissa_mojo
    Melissa_mojo Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I volunteer for the Florida french bulldog rescue and currently have a french bulldog named karma :happy:
  • ice1200s
    ice1200s Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    My big softie black labrador passed away last year at the age of 10 from cancer...I miss him more than anything.

This is Ripley:

2djucy8.jpg

At the beginning of September, I am picking up this little guy! :) A chocolate labrador. Still don't have a name for him yet! So excited! Can't wait to have a walking buddy!

tz7zc.jpg

I think I will always be a labrador girl. The breed is so calm and gentle, and not to mention adorable!! Then again, most dog breeds are! :D

How about Bosco? After the real popular chocolate mix of the 50s and 60s.
  • megabyt23
    megabyt23 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    2 mini-dachshunds
    pit-lab mix
  • bigrickw71
    Options
    2-Siberian Huskies
    1-Alaskan Malamute
    1-Terrier (He's are foster dog)
    1- 5 lb lap dog he's a mix of some kind.
    We got all of our dogs from rescue shelters and now we also foster for some of them.
  • hjpate
    hjpate Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Litter mate bro/sister pair of mantle Great Danes, 4.5 yrs old. Danes are like Lay's potato chips - you can't have just one. ;-)

Regis - His Royal Immensity (155 lbs of puppy love and happiness with no sign of adult maturity in sight)
    Rafi - Her Royal Intensity (150 lb Dane who is channeling the spirit of a Border collie)

We had pound puppies for years, usually lab/shep mixes. Then I wanted my dream dog and got a rescued merlequin Great Dane - Loki - he was my Valentine Day gift in 2000. He was supposed to be the family dog but he was a dog of opinions and decided he was going to be my dog with every fiber of his being. Later, we got Chance - another merlequin and congenitally deaf, directly from her breeder.. She became my husband's heart dog. We had to learn how to sign behavior cues with hand signals for Chance and once all the hearing dogs saw that bratty piranha puppy getting treats, they quickly figured out how to follow the hand signals too. When we (meaning me, actually) show off, all the dogs do their repertoire of tricks in silence. Loki was 11 yrs old when his body told his spirit it was time. Chance was 8 1/2 yrs old when cancer roared up on her. As Loki was a rescue, we had no idea of where he came from but we did know Chance's breeder very well (she's one of the GOOD ones who never loses track of any pups she brings into the world) so when the time was right, we got R&R who are Chance's niece and nephew.

My dogs are on my home page (or whatever the heck it's called in MFP).
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    We have a ... thing .. looks a bit like a dog with a pigs tail attached.
  • choijanro
    choijanro Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Labrador Retriever
    Japanese Spitz
    Aspin/Askal

:smile:
  • TheRealOrson
    TheRealOrson Posts: 1,415 Member
    Options
    2 x Staffordshire

Such idiots.

puppies.jpg

Cleo and Spike

dawgs.jpg

Love 'em
  • swinler
    swinler Posts: 15
    Options
    We have 3 dogs:

Ella and Tia, who are Miniature Schnauzers. They are both 5 years old (Ella, the salt and pepper is 6 months older). We got them both as puppies.

4336_79155448490_5679564_n.jpg

And this is Myko. He's a Maltese that we rescued. He is 11 years old and had a pretty bad life before he came to us. He had clearly been beaten, had rarely been outside, fur was matted, rotten teeth, chronic ear infection all the usual signs of neglect and abuse. The good news is, he has bounced back well and now seem more like a puppy than his younger sisters! He has cataracts, but at his age there;s not much to be done about them. it doesn't slow him down most of the time!
  • vfett1018
    vfett1018 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Shih Tzu.
    I grew up with a Shih Tzu and when it left, I wanted another one. I had to wait until I could buy my own, so I went and rescued a puppy from some crazy lady with feces all over her house. The shih tzu was scared to walk, was covered in fleas and ticks, had circle worm, parvo, starving and it was horrible. She is my baby to this day and I will be very sad when I lose her one day.

I am also hoping we get a husky soon.!
  • swinler
    swinler Posts: 15
    Options
    Oops too big, but can't fix till I get home!

996787_10151698514263491_1601487144_n.jpg

935879_10151802070528491_475338644_n.jpg
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Maltese/Shih-tzu and recent addition...another Maltese. Total chick dogs...and both are WHITE. Guess who has to give two baths a week to these stain magnets? If we ever buy another home with a bigger back yard. I'm buying a friggen Bengal Tiger! (This will also eliminate the two ankle biters) :explode:
  • LibertyBelle89
    Options
    I have 1 9 year old Beagle named Charlie & 2 Jack Russell terriers, Peanut is 7 & Benny is 5 =)

<<<<~~~~~ Peanut is in my profile pic :)

& their all rescues =)
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I have a Black lab, he is 5 and a constant source of joy to me. Previously, I had an Anatolian/Lab cross. When she passed, I tried to find an Anatolian breeder in the UK but had no success, so I decided to get a lab and am glad i did :)

I would love to get a Rottie or a Great Dane, but I dont really have the outside space for 2 at the moment, it is part of my long term plan though :)
  • hOw2lozeAgiN10dAze
    hOw2lozeAgiN10dAze Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    Bullmastiff.

012_zps9e6a860e.jpg
  • griffith5150
    Options
    I have a chi/weenie named Lucy she is my baby! I also have a german shepard/rott mix... named Teddy... sweetest dog but just not very bright lol Lucy pretty much takes advantage of him because of this..