what would you do with 36 million? be honest

Options

Replies

• HideyoshiKinoshita
    HideyoshiKinoshita Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Mmm, I'd finish off any hormone purchases for the rest of my life. :) Aaaaaand of course a nice place to live.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Pay off my house, buy my dream car (1971 Dodge Challenger) Pay off my student loans, buy my mom an acreage, give some to my brothers and then travel the world and go meet all my MFP People.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    1) Give a chunk of it to my parents so my dad can build the house he's always wanted to build for them (he's an extraordinary craftsman but it's not the most profitable)
    2) Have my dad build me a house too!
    3) QUIT MY JOB, or at the very least demote myself to a position that I actually enjoyed. Or maybe since my company is a non-profit, I could donate a building and get to make some decisions...
    4) Travel as much as I can
    5) Take my best buddies on an all-expenses paid cruise
    6) Donate to a charity
    7) Set up college funds for my future children
    8) Use the rest to live comfortably, not extravagantly
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    That much money would ruin me. I'd make bad decisions and destroy all of my relationships. Therefore, I would give every dime away to the charity of my choice - Christian missions to spread the news of Salvation through faith in Jesus the Christ.

Having money isn't a sin.

Rich people can't get into heaven!!!!
  • dawn_h_d
    dawn_h_d Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I have discussed this in detail. First we would pay off all our debts, then our siblings and parents' debts. We would redo the house we currently live in (because we LOVE the neighborhood), and buy another house in Minnesota near my parents. We would buy and RV as well and travel around the U.S. Then we would return and get the cars we always wanted, nothing too fancy - a couple NEW Hondas. Once we have done all of that, I would open a business, and I already have the person in mind of who would do the day to day running of it.
  • oberon0124
    oberon0124 Posts: 10,527 Member
    Options
    After the first few million I would have everything I ever dreamed of. Then my family would be taken care of. After that I would spend my time making sure that good charities and causes would get the help they deserve.
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    Pay off my bills and my folks. And buy us both a bigger place to live. Not super big just a bit bigger so we each had more space. Them so they could be more comfortable as the age and could fit any needs that way come up (they have very small rooms). And for us so we could have growing room for any future family members.

Then put some in the bank and take some and go on a trip thru Europe and visit Ireland as well.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Stay very quiet about it and move away from any potential leeches. I'm sure plenty of "friends" would come out of the woodwork.

Help my mom live comfortably.
    Invest most of it.
    With the rest, I've always wanted to do this...

3.jpg
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Pay off student loans
    Buy a house
    Buy a car
    Go back to school
    Amass a savings

And go on a long cruise!
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Oh and of course retire.
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Invest
    Pay off my mother's estate debts.
    Bulldoze her house, build a nice new house on it, give it to my best friend who needs a place for her family.
    Buy a piece of property off my mom's neighbours, build a house on it and give it to the neighbour's daughter/grandson.
    Pay off our debts.
    Remodel our house
    Buy property and build up my own photography studio
    Travel around the world with my camera.
    Travel with my family
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Pay off our debt, have this house done and then sold and find a humongous piece of property to build a modest home smack in the middle of. Pay off all nieces' and nephews' college loans, put modest trust funds in place for the two disabled ones and anonymously send some cash to my adoptive siblings.
  • kkveggie
    kkveggie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    1. Pay off student loans for me and my boyfriend
    2. Give a cut to my parents, siblings, and boyfriend's mom
    3. Buy a house near the beach
    4. Boyfriend is a car guy, so I'd let him buy his dream car
    5. Hire for a personal stylist for a week to take me shopping, get my hair done, etc.
    6. Save enough to vacation in a different country each summer
    7. Invest the rest
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Invest a good chunk of it, set my parents up for life, trust fund for the kiddos, travel my *kitten* off, do pretty much whatever I want.
  • SmoothRiko
    SmoothRiko Posts: 193
    Options
    That much money would ruin me. I'd make bad decisions and destroy all of my relationships. Therefore, I would give every dime away to the charity of my choice - Christian missions to spread the news of Salvation through faith in Jesus the Christ.

That is absolute nonsense. IMHO.
  • SmoothRiko
    SmoothRiko Posts: 193
    Options
    buy a massive mansion and pay all of the girls on these forums to stay there with me

So you want a harem huh? LOL.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    First thing I would do is donate a minimum of 25%(approx 9 mil) to charitable organizations (including church). Then I would take half of what is left and get a financial advisor and have them invest that. With the remainder (approximately 13.5 mil) I will use to get myself out oof debt, my family and loved ones out of debt. Help out my Fella of Interest so he can move back home, help HIS family out. Set up a college fund for my brother so he can go anywhere he wants. Buy cars and homes for my family. Buy myself a sensible home in a remote location surrounded by trees and beautiful gardens with a creek/pond/river/lake somewhere either on the property or near by. I would still be going to school because I want my education but at this point the options of where to go would be limitless (practially). I would like to start a charitable organization and work on setting up schools and orphanages around the world. Help provide education and safe haven for children around the world. Try and provide them opportunities.

I'm not even kidding, I have thought this through more than you would know! lol.

As far as the frivilous aspect I would travel. I would travel around the world and bring the people I love with me. I would plan family trips to Alaska and Panama and New Zealand. I would climb mountains and go on hiking treks through Spain and Nepal. The kind that take weeks. I would just enjoy life and what the world has to offer.

Also hire a personal trainer and chef... because that would help with the goals aspect. lol.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options

Uh, Rich people CAN get into heaven. The bible just says it is difficult because of corruption. Like a camel through the eye of a needle. It never says it isn't possible because through Christ all things are possible. Just sayin'...
  • MORECHABLIS
    MORECHABLIS Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Spend 36 million on....

6 - My young son (investment)
    6 - My Friends/Family
    6 - House x 4 (UK, France, USA, Grenada)
    1 - Yachts & Cars
    4 - Charity (wildlife)
    2 - Buy a forest for wildlife
    2 - Fathers4Jusitce
    11 - Investments to live on
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options

Uh, Rich people CAN get into heaven. The bible just says it is difficult because of corruption. Like a camel through the eye of a needle. It never says it isn't possible because through Christ all things are possible. Just sayin'...
    Let's not get so hung up in these hypothetical situations that we forget the bible is just a book written by human beings. It is quite possible that everything in that book was just made up.