How often do you go over your MFP calorie limit?

124»

Replies

• larodriguez02
    larodriguez02 Posts: 106 Member
    -hides diary- never >> -cough-

good answer :laugh:
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Not too often, but not because I'm opposed to it. Because I hate the stupid red bar. MFP might as well blare sirens when you go over your calorie goal! Grrrr. :explode:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    I purposely go over once a week. On a bad week, I'll un-purposely go over two or three times.
  • bbzgrl110
    bbzgrl110 Posts: 45 Member
    I don't do it often but I have had those moments, possibly 3-4 days in the past almost 2 months.
    I got very discouraged the first time it happened, but I'm focusing on the little goals and the fact that I've been keeping on track more than falling off, and I'm seeing results so that keeps me going. As long as you don't give up, your good!!
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,451 Member
    Unless you can eat your goal exactly, to the calorie, then you'd expect to be over your goal half the time and under half the time, but averaging around your goal. So yes, I do go over fairly regularly. I'm finding it really annoying now that I get that big red line if I eat 10 calories over my goal!
  • Once a week consistently - always on my day off from the gym. I am set to 1200. I usually eat TDEE -20%, which is 1450. If it is a gym day, I struggle to get to 1200 net. On my day off I go over. I try not to feel bad because I figure it balances out the days where I couldn't quite hit 1200 net.
  • loriepaulin
    loriepaulin Posts: 88 Member
    I am trying to stop focusing on a # versus food that should be good for me but is high in calories. I am reading that if you consume nuts for example they are high in calorie but so beneficial health wise. I also seem to gain weight when I get stressed out about a number whether calorie wise or scale wise. So I made two changes, I am working on eating more raw foods and yes, I may still have some small processed food in my diary, and increasing my calorie goal to 2000 in my diary so I don't feel confined if I am hungry and pick something healthy. I have tracked for almost 3 years now and I am finding this past week I have days where I am more hungry then others and each day is different. I have high days to eat and low days but in the end I am still losing weight and inches. I think you have to find what works for you, how your mind/body reacts to each part of your journey and in the end do what you know will work. This is your journey and as long as you are making the right food choices don't worry about the going over on MFP :)

I am also trying to break the look at the scale daily habit...lol and do that more monthly or weekly.
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    pretty much every weekend!
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    CaliforniaBarbie Posts: 346 Member
    i rarely go over if i do its only by 50 calories or so, i set my own limit i didnt use the MFP recommendation limit. im normally under instead of over. but if i know i ate something to cause me to go over i workout extra to account for it, and if im still over at the end of the night i do an extra mini workout to try to get back to my limit it works most of the time but there are some days i just eat too much, or make bad higher calorie choices.
  • Every day! haha but I keep mine set at 1200, because then I normally eat 1500. When I tried it at 1500, I would eat 1800.
This discussion has been closed.