TV moments that made you cry. Possible Spoilers.

Replies

• paralegalnc
    paralegalnc Posts: 43 Member
    I can't watch those commercials....
  • paralegalnc
    OMG yeah!! that episode of MASH got me too
  • Geojerm
    Geojerm Posts: 291 Member
    Since other poeple switched to movies, I'm gonna share my movie moment, too....

An old movie called Stealing Home (Jodie Foster, Mark Harmon)
    the scene where they spend the weekend together, and as she's leaving she say's ' I love you, Billy boy"
    and the monologue says ' and that was the last time I ever saw her '

cry e v e r y single time

*get choked up just thinking about it*
  • paralegalnc
    yeah THAT"S the movie...couldn't think of it..... don't worry.... I cried too...every time...and I've seen it like 50 (I am Legend)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Well if we're adding movies to this:

The Barbara Hershey dying in Beaches; Ruth dying in Fried Green Tomatoes, the end of West Side Story, when Goose dies in Top Gun ...

Oh goodness. There are so many more, but it's been a long time since I watched a movie that made me cry, I can't remember.
  • Emar11
    Emar11 Posts: 246 Member
    My sisters keeper. Worst.movie.ever. Even worse for me because I have a little sister who is a cancer survivor.

Also, My girl, me and my daughter watch that together and cry everytime.

Oh its TV moments...

I always cry when watching extreme weight loss.
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    If I ever get sucked in to an Extreme Makeover Home Edition...I will cry EVERYTIME! :grumble:

This!

Also, I cried when Anne Hathaway sang her soliloquy in Les Miserables. That was heartbreaking.

All of Schindler's List made me bawl. That was one of the most moving, scary, and saddest films I've ever seen.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,954 Member
    Not a TV show, but I cry every time, when Bubba dies in Forrest Gump.

Also, when Henry Blake dies, the show went from slapstick to tragi-comedy....

The ending of Return of the King..." My friends, you bow to no one."
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    My top 3 are:

- The beheading of Eddard Stark (GoT)
    - The death of Lori (Walking Dead)
    - The red wedding (GoT)

The only reason I didn't cry at this was because I'm so used to Sean Bean dying in everything. I was more pissed than sad because I was excited to have him as a main character in a US show and he only lasted one freaking season (should've read the book first).

If we're switching to movies there are tons that made me cry. Most recently it was Les Miserables, both during "I Dreamed a Dream" and at the very end when Valjean dies.
  • While we were together, my ex and I made a deal. She'd go see superhero movies with me if i watch American Idol with her. I ended up enjoyed it and crying like a chubby little baby when Angie Miller got voted off. American Idol........lame? I used to think so.......but them girls could sing. BTW.....I still had to see Superman and Wolverine by myself.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    My top 3 are:

- The beheading of Eddard Stark (GoT)
    - The death of Lori (Walking Dead)
    - The red wedding (GoT)

The only reason I didn't cry at this was because I'm so used to Sean Bean dying in everything.
    It wasn't his death that made me cry. It was the reactions of Sansa and Arrya. OMG! Those girls are fantastic actresses and my heart totally broke for them.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Friends Finale
    There has been a few Grey's Anatomy episodes.

Don't judge me.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer when her mom died.
    When Doyle died on Angel.

Movie moments:
    The Patriot when Mel Gibson's daughter talks to her dad for the first time and asks him not to go to war.
    My Girl when Macauly Cuklin's character died
  • WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Friends Finale
    There has been a few Grey's Anatomy episodes.

Don't judge me.

aww the friends finale for sure! One of my all time favorite shows. I still watch the repeats every day!!
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    When Firefly ended :(
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    When Rose Tyler and The Doctor get separated in parallel universes, then their final communication on the beach :sad:
  • MLR930
    MLR930 Posts: 95 Member
    on Army Wives when Jeremy was killed at war. I sobbed like a baby so hard my face hurted lol
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    A movie.....when they're carrying the bob at the end of Cool Runnings.....such heroes :cry:
  • mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    I will cry at pretty much anything to be honest. There are very few episodes of Greys Anatomy that I haven't cried at.

For anyone in the UK DIY Sos has got me afew times- the othe rweek they had a man who had motor neurone disease and they pretty much rebuilt his entire house so he could continue living there with his family. I sobbed all the way through.
  • mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    I will cry at pretty much anything to be honest. There are very few episodes of Greys Anatomy that I haven't cried at.

For anyone in the UK DIY Sos has got me a few times- the other week they had a man who had motor neurone disease and they pretty much rebuilt his entire house so he could continue living there with his family. I sobbed all the way through.